PDA

View Full Version : Body, Mind, Soul and Spirit – A Moment in the Life of a ZHP Owner

danewilson77
06-25-2014, 05:08 AM
I woke up today, as I would any other day. Shower, shave, brush teeth, get dressed, make coffee and out the door at 0600. As I make my stealth exit through the garage, I glance over and see the ZHP in a slumber, snuggly tucked in, with the faint morning light glistening off of the Imola like the sun dancing on a perfectly still pond.

I traverse down the driveway. Backpack on passenger side seat. Coffee in passenger cup holder, so as not to interfere with the 6 speed wonder that is the Mini Cooper S. Push to start, radio on, Sport Mode engaged. As I back slowly down the driveway, I look forward to another fun drive to work in the Mini.

Merging onto Highway 48 and then eventually onto I-71 South. It was a breeze. Turbo spools up. Nestled in cleanly between two “average” cars. I look at the instrument cluster and see the time is 0510. Wait. The time is an hour off. I dismiss it then wonder why I’ve never even learned how to even set the time in this vehicle. I would never let such a foolish error exist in the ZHP!

I ponder. I think of the time lapse continuum on my way in to work, and can only deduce one thing. I do not feel connected to the Mini Cooper, whereas in the ZHP, my body, mind, soul, spirit and car are one. Connected. Body and machine. Working in flawless harmony to achieve the perfect daily driver.

Amen

BimmerWill
06-25-2014, 05:10 AM
Beautiful Dane. Thanks for sharing. Probably the first thing I do whenever I've had the battery unplugged is reset the clock lol.

KevinC
06-25-2014, 05:32 AM
I sold my Cooper S to replace it with my ZHP 2 years ago. Best decision I ever made.

Oli77
06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
http://cultureparisienne.monipag.com/files/2013/02/penseur.jpg

TheFinanceGuy
06-25-2014, 08:26 AM
I almost teared up. I was rooting for you to go back up the driveway and jump in the ZHP.

I felt very connected to my E36 328, not so much with the 540i. In fact, that car is sitting in my neighbors driveway as she is borrowing it, and it doesn't bother me...

Vas
06-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Keeping the miles down on the zhp? lol

Avetiso
06-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Bravo

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

brettbimmer
06-25-2014, 12:12 PM
I almost teared up. I was rooting for you to go back up the driveway and jump in the ZHP.

Exactly what I was thinking. "...The lady in the red dress captured my heart, so I pulled the MINI back into the garage and jumped in the ZHP!" :santa2 :happydane

KevinC
06-25-2014, 05:44 PM
My Cooper S - and I suspect Zane has similar feelings - checked a lot of the boxes that light my fire. For reference, I've owned a Datsun 510, B13 Sentra SE-R, 4 GTI's, an .:R32, and various other hot hatches that would make a Mini a natural choice at some point. But "disconnected" is indeed how I felt - the steering is just too vague for what the car is. It's over boosted and artificial, like most electric setups. Why not a manual rack in a car that small? I'd have paid extra if it were an option.

WOLFN8TR
06-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Nice Dane! So true So true...

johnrando
06-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Nice Dane! So true So true...

+1

Daddyoh
06-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Soul Meets Body.
And Amen.

Simmsled
07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
:ninja ZHP Time Machine?

twisted125
08-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Well said. My wife drives a Jetta vr6, mt. Before today, she had never driven my ZHP. So after going out to dinner I throw her the keys. There are a couple stretches of long straight roads on the way home. I insisted, foot on the floor, stay in it till we hit 100. The look on her face was priceless. She commented on how connected she felt to the car and how everything felt way tighter than her car [emoji4] may be adding another one to the stable before I know it lol.

TWong1200
08-22-2014, 09:30 PM
There really isn't anything that drives like a Bimmer. I wish I drove my ZHP more but it's hard when you work from home. I take it on occasional errands but that's about it. Keeps the mileage down I suppose.