PDA

View Full Version : WTB: stock chrome sedan grilles

slater
06-27-2014, 01:32 PM
my imola sedan came with some cheap, broken matte-black grilles. just looking for a set of stock grilles with tabs intact! anyone have a set they'd like to unload?

thanks!

peter

itdnwiwbp
06-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Good luck! I've been asking around for months!

gmurphy
06-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Good luck! I've been asking around for months!

Can always buy new ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itdnwiwbp
06-27-2014, 05:57 PM
I ended up doing that. I was just surprised there weren't a ton of people with a set hanging out in the garage who would want to get the out of the way for $50 or so.

Avetiso
06-27-2014, 06:01 PM
I ended up doing that. I was just surprised there weren't a ton of people with a set hanging out in the garage who would want to get the out of the way for $50 or so.
The chrome grills break a lot. :rofl

Or you could get BMW performance grills.

itdnwiwbp
06-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes they do...

slater
06-30-2014, 04:50 AM
thanks guys. guess i might buy some new ones.

slater
03-11-2016, 07:22 AM
bump... does anyone have a good set? still looking, casually.

BMWCurves
03-11-2016, 09:20 AM
I'd be surprised if you can find a good used set, but I could be wrong. The plastic in mine were so brittle when I removed them that 2 or 3 tabs broke on each one despite my efforts to be as careful as possible.

slater
03-11-2016, 11:36 AM
you're probably right, william. i just don't want to shell out $150 for new ones. ebay reps are $50/set, not sure about their quality.

i have the BMW Performance gloss black ones, but i feel like the stock chrome looks better on imola (and darker colors in general). i know i'm in the minority here. :)

AggieBlake
03-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Hmmm... want to trade? I like the black on Ti Silver, but mine are currently the stock chrome. They're in pretty much perfect condition. I don't know if they'll come out in perfect condition, though, since 10-year old plastic sometimes cracks when removed. But if your gloss black ones are in good condition, too, we could just trade, assuming mine come out without incidence.

If you're interested, shoot me a pic of the grill.

jiggz
03-11-2016, 01:32 PM
you're probably right, william. i just don't want to shell out $150 for new ones. ebay reps are $50/set, not sure about their quality.

i have the BMW Performance gloss black ones, but i feel like the stock chrome looks better on imola (and darker colors in general). i know i'm in the minority here. :)

I tried to find some used chrome grills here about a year ago but people wanted too much for used ones. I ended up buying them new from getbwmwparts.com for $101.59 out the door.

J0hnny Ray
03-12-2016, 10:46 AM
What do used OEM chrome ones go for? I may be parting with mine in the near future but I'm not sure what a fair price for them are...

slater
03-12-2016, 08:12 PM
What do used OEM chrome ones go for? I may be parting with mine in the near future but I'm not sure what a fair price for them are...

no idea. cheap? :)

Lublisha
03-13-2016, 02:53 AM

I'll let you know if I manage to swap mine without breaking them when the time comes