PDA

View Full Version : DME Update for the BMW E46 330 ZHP

Pages : 1 [2]

Washburn
04-07-2015, 02:05 AM
I am going to have my indie place check my DME version today - any last minute ideas as to what version number is regarded as the latest ?

Sent from my NOT bent iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MrMaico
04-07-2015, 02:25 AM
From what I've read, and I think it was terraphantm that mentioned it before, the newest update came out in 2008 so I would think that your indy would surely have an update that has been out for 7 years now.

Crickett
04-07-2015, 10:44 AM
I am going to have my indie place check my DME version today - any last minute ideas as to what version number is regarded as the latest ?

My ECU was updated to 7 561 544 in ’08 and when I checked last week, WinKFP (w/daten v53.3, Jul ’14) did not offer a newer one (for my 6MT ZHP sedan).

Washburn
04-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Same here - will post pic of the auto logic screen as soon as tech emails me the pics

Washburn
04-07-2015, 11:59 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/4f9f4e1146057a573095eb45567886d8.jpg
Just FYI mine is a 7/2005 coupe and have not noticed and stutters in any RPM range BUT I must admit that I do not know how pronounced those stutters are - I assume I would know if there was one, but I have not driven a car WITH a known stutter either -
how obvious is it ? Is it hard not to notice ?

ELCID86
04-07-2015, 12:23 PM
To my knowledge, none of the software updates broke anything, so you may as well update, especially if you can diy it rather than spending $150 or whatever dealers charge. I do know some bugs were fixed over the updated. 2800 rpm stutter was the most noticeable to me

I think I need this as I have a stutter in the 2800/3200 range. Not sure where to start.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Washburn
04-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Just FYI mine is a 7/2005 coupe and have not noticed any stutters in any RPM range BUT I must admit that I do not know how pronounced those stutters are - I assume I would know if there was one, but I have not driven a car WITH a known stutter either -

terraphantm
04-07-2015, 01:02 PM
I think I need this as I have a stutter in the 2800/3200 range. Not sure where to start.

Should be a matter of flashing to the latest software with WinKFP. Have you ever done any other coding on your car?

Just FYI mine is a 7/2005 coupe and have not noticed any stutters in any RPM range BUT I must admit that I do not know how pronounced those stutters are - I assume I would know if there was one, but I have not driven a car WITH a known stutter either -

In my ZHP, it was most noticeable when going uphill in a higher gear, but I was able to reproduce it pretty easily in pretty much any gear. It's hard to miss, though I imagine an automatic would mask it a bit (not sure whether you have an auto or manual). It was not initially present when I bought the car (60k miles at the time) or at least I didn't notice it. I started noticing it about a year later with almost 80k miles on the car.

If the auto logic is saying you're already at the latest software, I'd say it's likely you already have the fixed software.

slater
04-07-2015, 02:22 PM

shawn, i've got that too - something to do with the DME being too sensitive to aging pre-cat O2 sensors or something. i've heard replacing those 2 O2's 'fixes' it... but the latest DME flash would be nice. i'd like to get that done too, but i'd have to uninstall my shark/conforti software and then reinstall after...

peter

ELCID86
04-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Should be a matter of flashing to the latest software with WinKFP. Have you ever done any other coding on your car?

Yes, with PASoft. I have an INPA cable on order. I'm not opposed to trying or to sending to someone that is more experienced...

In my ZHP, it was most noticeable when going uphill in a higher gear, but I was able to reproduce it pretty easily in pretty much any gear. It's hard to miss, though I imagine an automatic would mask it a bit (not sure whether you have an auto or manual).

Yep.

shawn, i've got that too - something to do with the DME being too sensitive to aging pre-cat O2 sensors or something. i've heard replacing those 2 O2's 'fixes' it... but the latest DME flash would be nice. i'd like to get that done too, but i'd have to uninstall my shark/conforti software and then reinstall after...

peter
I changed my pre-cat senors recently.

terraphantm
04-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Yes, with PASoft. I have an INPA cable on order. I'm not opposed to trying or to sending to someone that is more experienced...

Well your cable should work fine with WinKFP. And while the initial setup can be tricky the first time, the rest is a pretty easy procedure. Nonetheless, if you'd feel more comfortable, I can flash the DME on my bench or something (and perhaps there's someone more local to you who can help too)

Washburn
04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
So.... I guess I can rest assured that mine is up to date, I guess?

terraphantm
04-07-2015, 06:57 PM
So.... I guess I can rest assured that mine is up to date, I guess?

I do wish the autologic readout gave the actual software number, but I'm pretty confident you're up to date

Washburn
04-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Thanks ! I hope the shop had THEIR software ( auto logic) upto date too.

GreatFrog
12-07-2016, 02:25 PM
That is most likely what I am planning to do if the DISA is still open during normal driving conditions. I may just swap with my cousin's DISA.

Obviously it has been more than two years... but did you finally found out if your DISA still activates under load?

derbo
12-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Obviously it has been more than two years... but did you finally found out if your DISA still activates under load?

Nope! Got lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreatFrog
12-13-2016, 02:06 PM
Flashed my ECU over the weekend. First tried with WinKFP 5.1.0 that came with the INPA 5.0.2 bundle, got random errors during programming, almost thought I bricked my ECU. Finally WinKFP 5.3.1 saved my ass. Running 7561520 now.

ELCID86
12-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Flashed my ECU over the weekend. First tried with WinKFP 5.1.0 that came with the INPA 5.0.2 bundle, got random errors during programming, almost thought I bricked my ECU. Finally WinKFP 5.3.1 saved my ass. Running 7561520 now.

Scary stuff. Glad you got it done.