View Full Version : 2003 BMW 330 ( ZHP) RI mine

ZHPESQ
07-19-2014, 01:37 PM
The time has come.

See link to my CL ad.

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/4577411776.html

cakM3
07-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Funny.....never saw you at any local meets....

GLWS...

ZHPESQ
07-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Yea, thought about several but never got there, unfortunately.

ZHPESQ
07-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Not a single bite.

Is it overpriced? Appreciate any input.

Bekelja
07-22-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm not a 2003 BMW 330 ZHP pricing expert. I'm a dumb marketing guy who notices things like the call to action at the end of your ad telling me to find a cheaper car! The polar bear doesn't crack open a Pepsi at the end of the Coke ad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoVAphotog
07-22-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm not a 2003 BMW 330 ZHP pricing expert. I'm a dumb marketing guy who notices things like the call to action at the end of your ad telling me to find a cheaper car! The polar bear doesn't crack open a Pepsi at the end of the Coke ad...

+1

Definitely not a call to action sending me to my phone or beginning to write an email...and I think it is priced a little high. Almost to the point where unless you really need the money you are better off keeping it and getting her fixed up. Or trading her in.

If you keep it on the market, I think the price is at the higher end of the spectrum, but not outrageous. I would hold there for a bit longer and then drop it down based on what the websites below say.

The kicker is your ad, you need to emphasis the strong selling points you have going for you and your car. Re-write to focus attention on the ONE owner aspect (which IMHO is a BIG plus with these cars as many of them are on their 3rd or more owners), if you have service records post a picture of the folder with the window sticker, a nice thick BOOK of records over those 209,000 miles would make people feel warm and fuzzy. Just delete the last two sentences. The people who know it's a ZHP will see that in the ad listing and examine it accordingly, it's tough to "sell" John Q viewer/buyer a high mileage ZHP as they do not understand what it is. That said, you could post the links to the Car and Driver article and the FAQ on here.

There are many things someone could want this car for as it is in good condition other than the miles. Track/autox car, as well as potential for a DD if they have the tools/experience to keep her going, etc. Your target market is someone who knows what they are, has the cash in hand obviously and has a plan mapped out for the car.

Truecar:

Recommended List Price: $5,486 for a sale of $4875

KBB: $5,868

NADA:

Clean Retail: $7575 Average Trade-In: 4,000

ZHPESQ
07-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the input. The call to action was to find a cheaper ZHP (not car).

I will work on the ad and of course, the price is OBO.

Bekelja
07-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the input. The call to action was to find a cheaper ZHP (not car).

I will work on the ad and of course, the price is OBO.

Sorry that I didn't quote you verbatim. You could have written it either way and I would have made the same point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHPESQ
07-25-2014, 03:06 AM
Bump
Price drop!

Need this gone