PDA

View Full Version : Rear view mirror (Door Mirrors) Issues

ravenclaw
07-25-2014, 05:14 AM
The rear view mirrors in my ZHP doesn't work. I purchased a mirror switch from ebay and tried fixing it. It doesn't work either. I think it could be a fuse issue. Can any of u guys help me with this. Can u guys help me with a fuse diagram or any form of assistance would be welcome. Thank you in advance..

danewilson77
07-25-2014, 05:54 AM
Here is where it's kept:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/25/amasyvyn.jpg

And here it is:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/25/jy3e5y4u.jpg

I wanted to ensure you had the correct one, so I just snapped these.

And just so you know, those red things, centerline in pic one are fuse pullers.

The friendliest forum on the planet!

Pip
07-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Did your mirrors ever work or did you purchase the car with non-functioning mirrors?

Could be fuse, but if you purchased the car this way and it is old enough it could be the ribbon cables. I would check the cheapest/easiest first...fuses like you are.

az3579
07-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Interesting. Are your mirrors adjusted the right way?
Mine just started to not come back up from reverse tilt this week, now they don't adjust at all. It's stuck. :(

ravenclaw
07-25-2014, 10:25 AM
My mirrors do work when i shift to reverse gear... So that's y i guessed it shud either be the switch or the fuse. I got a new switch even that doesn't work hence it shud be the fuse or the ribbon cable. Thank for your help guys.. !! Appreciate it. !!

derbo
07-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I had a faulty driver ribbon cable.

My symptoms were: cannot adjust either mirror, but reverse still tilted down and the heat on the passenger mirror still worked.

ravenclaw
07-26-2014, 11:17 AM
I checked my switch and fuse. Both seem to be fine. !! I think its the ribbon cable.. !! Can anyone suggest me where i can get the ribbon cable... !!
Thanks

derbo
07-26-2014, 09:40 PM
I checked my switch and fuse. Both seem to be fine. !! I think its the ribbon cable.. !! Can anyone suggest me where i can get the ribbon cable... !!
Thanks

Thebmwpartstore has them. Or getbmwpart or ecstuning or Turner

sent from Moto X Dev Edition

az3579
07-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Oh wow, I forgot about this thread... I posted one of my own tonight. lol

Derek,
That is weird that neither of your mirrors worked because of one single cable on the driver's side... to replace the ribbon cable you ended up replacing the whole mirror motor, correct?

Pip
07-29-2014, 06:39 AM

Derek,
That is weird that neither of your mirrors worked because of one single cable on the driver's side... to replace the ribbon cable you ended up replacing the whole mirror motor, correct?

BP I had the exact same problem and replacing the mirror motor worked. You can always check if unplugging the mirror motor cable under the door card stops the sporadic mirror function. The driver side has functions for both left and right mirrors which is why if it is messed up it can cause weird things to happen.

az3579
07-29-2014, 07:13 AM
BP I had the exact same problem and replacing the mirror motor worked. You can always check if unplugging the mirror motor cable under the door card stops the sporadic mirror function. The driver side has functions for both left and right mirrors which is why if it is messed up it can cause weird things to happen.

Gotcha. I just unplugged the fuse for now since I won't need mirror heating till the winter anyway...
Now it's a race against the clock. lol

Thanks

derbo
07-29-2014, 07:44 AM

Derek,

I just replied to your thread too and felt like I had Deja Vu, lol.

Anyways, Sean is right. The driver side is the master of the LIN bus and the passenger side is the slave. If the master fails, the slave doesn't know what to do anymore, LOL.