PDA

View Full Version : help me interpret alignment specs

Sockethead
07-26-2014, 08:30 AM
I found my last sheet from when I put the H & R springs and Bilsteins on.
I'm wondering if I remove the alignment pins whether I can get the camber back in spec.
Why is my caster so far off and how do you adjust/fix?

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/spec_zpsa8943681.jpeg

TristanHunter
07-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Try z4m offset FCABS for more caster

Dave1027
07-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Caster is not adjustable and frequently comes up short. My car barely made the minimum. I really would not be too concerned with it. If it bothers you that much you can gain some caster by installing offset FCABS.

The alignment sheet looks really good. They got the rear toe spot on, which is really important.

About the front camber, how does the car drive? Is it twitchy? If not then I'd probably leave it alone. It's not so much camber that it will wear the tires funny. The increased camber will make it corner better and look better because it is a match with the rears. I always find it odd when I see a vehicle with camber in back but none up front.

Sockethead
07-26-2014, 09:39 AM
The car tramlines really bad. I've been blaming on the Dunlop Z1 Starspecs but now IDK. I have new trailing arm bushings & limiters for the rear. They seem to be a little soft

Dave1027
07-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Is the tramlining coming from the front or rear? You could try reducing the cambers. That should help. May need to increase rear toe if the tramlining is coming from the rear. I'm running + .18 toe on my rears to keep my new Conti DWs tamed. Your front toe should be good at .07. I have found the fronts don't require as much toe to stabilize the front end. If all else fails you could try increasing the front toe up to a max of .16. Could be your Dunlops react a little different. I'm running .09 on the fronts. Seems to be a sweet spot for me.

Do you have any steering play? That would only amplify any stability issues.

Sockethead
07-26-2014, 04:36 PM
No steering play.

I'm Still wondering if removing the alignment pin will be enough to bring the camber back to spec

ELCID86
07-26-2014, 05:24 PM
I had to do that on my coupe when I put new struts on it with top plates. The shop drilled them out. It may work.

Sockethead
07-27-2014, 06:38 AM
I had to do that on my coupe when I put new struts on it with top plates. The shop drilled them out. It may work.

Do you remember how far out of spec it was?

ELCID86
07-27-2014, 07:40 AM
No sorry, been too long. I thought I had a digital copy of the alignment sheet, but don't see it in my Dropbox.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Dave1027
07-27-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure knocking out the pins can get you about .6 degrees of camber adjustment either way. That should get you really close to the green. If that's still not enough adjustment then probably need to go to adjustable camber plates.