PDA

View Full Version : FS/Rental: Differential Bushing Tools

TristanHunter
07-28-2014, 11:01 AM
I have the 2 bushing press/removers for the front and rear diff bushings.

The one for the rear bushing is made by Kommen and the one for the front bushing is made by Koch tool.

They were each used one time, greased, and worked perfectly. Pretty much new. The only flaw is some dirt on the instruction page.

Looking for $200 shipped for both, but I'd be willing to seperate them.

If you want to rent them, I'd need a deposit to cover the cost of the tools if they are damaged or not returned. I'm thinking $200 initially, then I'll refund $155 when the tools are returned. So the total cost would be $45 for both and you pay return shipping.

Comment/PM me if you're interested or have questions

mindspin311
07-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Might be interested in renting in the next month or 2.

328ioc
07-29-2014, 07:18 AM
I would be interested as well but not till next month as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TristanHunter
07-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Sure thing guys. I Don't have it advertised anywhere else, so it should still be available then

LivesNearCostco
09-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Any idea if these work for the E36 M3 diff? I did my E46 diff bushings a few months ago, the hard way, with home-made tools, hammer, chisel, penumatic die grinder, because a previous shop had welded the big rear diff bushing to the subframe carrier. I plan to do the E36 diff bushings but not sure when. Ideally would do subframe bushings at same time.

TristanHunter
10-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked this thread in a while. I know the e36 diff case and bushings are different, so I'm pretty sure these wont work.

The e46s front diff bushings are pretty similar to the e36s rear diff bushings though, so I cant say for sure.

bullfrogs_M3
10-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd be interested in renting the tool as well. I have an M3 diff setup in my garage and I want to get the bushings all swapped out before I do my rear end swap

Vas
11-12-2014, 07:44 AM
If they are still for sale, I am willing to purchase them.

TristanHunter
11-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Yep still for sale. PM me and we can work out a price

JB3
05-31-2015, 07:14 AM
Gents, what's the story on these? For sale? For rent? Who has them?

I need them, like this week, and think the $200 deposit over at e46f is absurd. I've rented enough spring compressors to know if someone doesn't lube the threads, and does something stupid like use an impact on them, it fubars them all up, and I'm not trying to get hit with someone else's mistake.

TristanHunter
05-31-2015, 08:03 AM
I still have them, for sale or rental. I've rented them to one other member here. I lubed the threads when I used them and I believe he did too.

The $200 deposit reflects the cost of replacing them if they don't get returned.

san
05-31-2015, 08:24 AM
I rented the tool Tristan, had no problems with using the tool... And had no problems with the transactions... :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB3
05-31-2015, 09:06 AM
I rented the tool Tristan, had no problems with using the tool... And had no problems with the transactions... :thumbsup

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I still have them, for sale or rental. I've rented them to one other member here. I lubed the threads when I used them and I believe he did too.

The $200 deposit reflects the cost of replacing them if they don't get returned.

Understood, but just to be clear, I think Mafia members are going to take care of the tools. :) I can't say the same for F members, getting thrown in the dirt like an autozone special. There is a lot more chance for Conan to get them them over there. The barbarian, not the comedian.

Can you ship them on short notice (don't have the bushings in hand yet), and how many days ETA do you expect via your shipping method, to Raleigh, NC?

TristanHunter
05-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Understood, but just to be clear, I think Mafia members are going to take care of the tools. :) I can't say the same for F members, getting thrown in the dirt like an autozone special. There is a lot more chance for Conan to get them them over there. The barbarian, not the comedian.

Can you ship them on short notice (don't have the bushings in hand yet), and how many days ETA do you expect via your shipping method, to Raleigh, NC?

haha good point. I suppose I could take a smaller deposit, what do you think would be fair?

I can ship them out via usps priority mail as soon as tomorrow, so you could have them by wednesday or thursday at the latest.

TristanHunter
05-31-2015, 10:37 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback San!

JB3
05-31-2015, 02:51 PM
haha good point. I suppose I could take a smaller deposit, what do you think would be fair?

I can ship them out via usps priority mail as soon as tomorrow, so you could have them by wednesday or thursday at the latest.

Didn't mean anything by my comments, more afraid that I would pay the deposit over there, then get something with the threads all stripped out of, then get in a battle with the rental person about the condition it was received in, that I buggered them up, etc. A $200 deposit for a tool that has been used to swap 17 sets of bushings in the sand of someone's yard is a bit of a turn-off. If they rented it at $60 a pop, they've cleared $650 above the cost of the tool, and shipping 17x. They could be giving the damn thing away at that point. :rofl

BUT, since you are asking, personally my rule is as the tool pays for itself, reduce the deposit. That is just personal philosophy, but I would reduce it to $100 or $75, depending on how much the tool had "paid for itself" up to any given time. I'm not saying it should be zero once it is paid for, because time is worth something, and I believe that there should always be incentive to return it in case someone wants to just take your tool and rent it out themselves. If the number is $200 for the deposit, then I have no issue with it if the tool is in like-new shape. When "used once, new", I feel the deposit should be the full cost to replace it. You should never be "out" money for trying to do something good and share the cost. By the same token, I'm not sure the deposit should be more than you would sell it "used" for.

Back on topic:
I'm going to call AKG tomorrow and make sure they have them in stock, ready to ship. Once I get tracking, I'll be ready to rent.

Vas
05-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Find out if how many they have in Stock. I need to order 3 of them.

JB3
05-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Will do.

JB3
06-01-2015, 07:20 AM

PM me what I need to do to get the tools. I'd like to have them by Thursday. USPS is fine. :)

Find out if how many they have in Stock. I need to order 3 of them.

Didn't give me a number, but she said they had just finished a batch and had a lot in stock. Mine are ordered.

Differential Mount Bushing Set - U.S. Military Spec Polyurethane 95A with Aluminum Sleeves
For BMW e46 (323 325 328 330) and Z4 (not M)
Recommended for street or performance use
Set of three

#DM469

JB3
06-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the PM Tristan. Payment sent. Hopefully I'll only need the tools for the removal. :)

Thanks again for providing the rental!

TristanHunter
06-01-2015, 08:39 AM
No problem! When I changed my bushings, I needed the tools for removal and reinstallation. They are a pretty tight fit

JB3
06-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Did you do OE or poly? I'm doing AKG, some seem to think these will press in by hand. Either way should be easy, especially not having to worry about the rubber deforming.

TristanHunter
06-01-2015, 09:40 AM
OE lemforder. Poly might press in easy, but I have no experience with akg bushings. I think they'd need to fit pretty tight so they don't move with the diff though

JB3
06-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Agree. I think the tolerance would need to be tighter than that. I'll report back when done.

Vas
08-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Still an option to rent these tools?

TristanHunter
08-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Yeah, still for rent. Sorry about the late reply, I just started a new job so I haven't been on here lately

Vas
08-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Replied to your pm

TristanHunter
08-09-2015, 07:45 AM
I haven't gotten your reply yet, can you send it again?

Vas
08-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Sure thing.

Vas
08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
I haven't gotten your reply yet, can you send it again?
Sent you another pm.