PDA

View Full Version : ZHP OEM Spring

NorCal-Dimitri
08-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Does anyone have any interest in OEM ZHP springs? Shoot me reasonable offers.

NorCalZman
08-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Not interested in buying but can you tell us what color stripes are on them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NorCal-Dimitri
08-02-2014, 01:10 PM
The fronts are red and white, the rears are blue blue blue. What do the colored striped indicate?

NorCalZman
08-02-2014, 02:15 PM
The stripes are a easy way to identify different kinds of springs.

I saw a thread over on another forum where the members were trying to identify all the different kinds of springs that came on the e46.

From what they were finding, coupes, sedans, converts all had different springs. And apparently they even varied based on options and years. I was just curious to see if the ZHP was unique in any way. I need to check my stripes next time I see my car and see if they are the same as yours

Do you have the info from the car? Sedan? Coupe? Navigation system? Etc? I'll pass the info on to the guy gathering info.

NorCal-Dimitri
08-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Hmm, that's interesting. It's an 03 sedan, silver cube, 6mt, OEM slicktop, OEM heated seats, no zcw, no nav, zhp.

danewilson77
08-02-2014, 06:17 PM
I think mine were green when I removed them :dunno

The friendliest forum on the planet.

danewilson77
08-02-2014, 06:21 PM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397880

"ZHP springs are advertised as being stiffer by about 6%F and 8%R, but I believe ride height is the same as the sport package. From the pictures of springs I've seen both ones identified as ZHP and as 330 sport both have one white and one red stripe on the front and 3 green stripes on the rear.
If somebody has a set a loose springs and can take some measurements, we can figure out the spring rates and know for sure."

NorCalZman
08-02-2014, 07:59 PM
If that's true then we have at least two different kinds of rear springs for the ZHP so far since the OP has blue stripes.

NorCal-Dimitri
08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Here are my blue stripes for you to see. Sorry for the crappy photos. What year cars were the green stripes springs found on?

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/dimitri1337/Mobile%20Uploads/20140802_134829_zpspfvdxlxv.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/dimitri1337/Mobile%20Uploads/20140802_134811_zpsbjflz7lf.jpg

NorCalZman
08-04-2014, 10:27 PM
BMW has so many different spring types for the same car its pretty amazing. When I had my Nissan Z there were 3 or 4 types only. The OP in this thread has a 03 ZHP sedan and his rear springs have 3 green stripes. I have not figured out what part number 3 green is *yet*, but I have a hunch. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?13619-Any-Non-M-E46-FS-ZHP-Stock-Supension

I will be looking (if I can) under my car this weekend to see what my 05 sedan has. I am thinking it will also be green. My current theory of the minute isblue stripes were for cars with lighter/less options and green was for cars with more/heavier options.

Does your car have fold down rear seats? When I look on the ETK that option changes the part number for the rear springs.

Crickett
08-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the blue stripes were for non-sunroof ZHPs.

And on-topic, I actually might be interested in your front springs, depending on how my suspension refresh teardown goes.

NorCal-Dimitri
08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
BMW has so many different spring types for the same car its pretty amazing. When I had my Nissan Z there were 3 or 4 types only. The OP in this thread has a 03 ZHP sedan and his rear springs have 3 green stripes. I have not figured out what part number 3 green is *yet*, but I have a hunch. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?13619-Any-Non-M-E46-FS-ZHP-Stock-Supension

I will be looking (if I can) under my car this weekend to see what my 05 sedan has. I am thinking it will also be green. My current theory of the minute isblue stripes were for cars with lighter/less options and green was for cars with more/heavier options.

Does your car have fold down rear seats? When I look on the ETK that option changes the part number for the rear springs.

It doesn't. Could it be the heated seats?

Wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the blue stripes were for non-sunroof ZHPs.

And on-topic, I actually might be interested in your front springs, depending on how my suspension refresh teardown goes.

Sure, let me know what you're thinking.

NorCalZman
08-05-2014, 06:42 PM
my theory is:
33536756982 = not sure what color. On the BMW ETK this was for cars with barely any options checked.
33536756983 = blue stripes for some options. And according to pictures on ECStuning that color is correct.
33536756984 = Green stripes for heavier options. This is the part number that the BMW ETK says should be on my car. When I look under it I will confirm the stripes are green.

I plugged in what I thought options you had and it kept saying spring number 982. But you have blue stripes which are 983 so I guess I am missing something. It really doesn't matter. I was just researching to satisfy my own curiosity. However, if you feel like playing with it yourself you can go to the link, log in with the info on the screen, go to specific part search, then spring table, enter in your VIN info then play around with the option check boxes yourself. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/accessories/electronic-parts-catalogue/electronic-parts-catalogue.html

Newjack
08-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I have my OE ZHP springs sitting in my garage. I can take a picture of the color stripes on them and report back if you guys want.

dee0007
04-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Im only looking for the rear ones , interested to sell?

warrenbrown
04-23-2016, 08:02 AM
NorCalZman, Someone is collecting info of E46 springs, is that site public? I'd like to contribute next time I'm under my ZHP and E46 wagon(sport package). I'm suspicious the wagon springs were replaced as the stripes showed cleaner than I'd expect. They were green if I recall not sure how many. I know it is not uncommon to have rear springs break.

Warren

danewilson77
04-23-2016, 08:31 AM
My left rear spring was broken.

Sent from an S6 Edge

ELCID86
04-23-2016, 12:38 PM
My left rear spring was broken.

Sent from an S6 Edge

So was mine. Rusted through.