PDA

View Full Version : EBAY: Euro LCM thread

derbo
08-02-2014, 05:28 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111420178130?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Someone can try and see if they want to do international shipping?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/9-AAAOSwq5lTrW3v/$_57.JPG

Here is

derbo
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Here is another one with Auto and headlight leveling.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-SERIES-E46-1998-2001-HEADLIGHT-SWITCH-/121400265578?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c44050b6a

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/fdAAAOSwbqpT3I3P/$_57.JPG

ELCID86
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Appears what you'd really be after here is the euro faceplate (for rear fogs). THe LCM would not mae a difference unless you happen to score one with SW 4.0+. Also not the first faceplate does not have the auto on setting.

derbo
08-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Appears what you'd really be after here is the euro faceplate (for rear fogs). THe LCM would not mae a difference unless you happen to score one with SW 4.0+. Also not the first faceplate does not have the auto on setting.

Shawn,

Unfortunately finding a a LCM faceplate for sale is very rare. Most of the time they will be tied to the LCM. It just means the LCM is part of the cost of getting an international faceplate. I have a bunch of Euro LCMs just laying around at home. They are pretty much useless to me but it is what it is.

There are multiple versions of the faceplate with rear fogs:

Auto with Rear Fogs
Auto + Headlight leveling and Rear Fogs
Headlight leveling and Rear Fogs

All of these faceplates will swap right onto our existing LCMs. IMO the best one for our cars is the 1st one but they are a bit rear on the auctions. I've seen 4 in the last 2 years I've been searching. You can settle for one of the 2 I posted or keep hunting. If I find them and they are willing to ship to the US, I will buy them and post them them here.

:)

ELCID86
08-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Understood Derek. I was able to source one from the UK and have the excess LCM v3.x laying around here too. I just wanted ppl to understand what they were (and were not) getting. It is tricky to find one (v4.x LCM are like hens teeth) and even trickier to find someone who will ship to the USA. Thanks for being on the lookout. It is a nice feature to have the rear fogs.

derbo
08-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Understood Derek. I was able to source one from the UK and have the excess LCM v3.x laying around here too. I just wanted ppl to understand what they were (and were not) getting. It is tricky to find one (v4.x LCM are like hens teeth) and even trickier to find someone who will ship to the USA. Thanks for being on the lookout. It is a nice feature to have the rear fogs.

LCM 4.0 seems to be extremely rare here and its even more rare in UK/GER ebay sites. Triple blink is nice, but I dont know if I want to pay again for that.. lol

alexandre
08-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Shawn,

Unfortunately finding a a LCM faceplate for sale is very rare. Most of the time they will be tied to the LCM. It just means the LCM is part of the cost of getting an international faceplate. I have a bunch of Euro LCMs just laying around at home. They are pretty much useless to me but it is what it is.

There are multiple versions of the faceplate with rear fogs:

Auto with Rear Fogs
Auto + Headlight leveling and Rear Fogs
Headlight leveling and Rear Fogs

All of these faceplates will swap right onto our existing LCMs. IMO the best one for our cars is the 1st one but they are a bit rear on the auctions. I've seen 4 in the last 2 years I've been searching. You can settle for one of the 2 I posted or keep hunting. If I find them and they are willing to ship to the US, I will buy them and post them them here.

:)

You forgot non-auto without headlight leveling with rear fog! All 2003 ZHP's will need that one ;)

EDIT: Noticed your opening post was just that :facepalm

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BMW-E46-Facelift-Lichtschalter-Schaltereinheit-Licht-NSW-Xenon-6919832-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/zmEAAOxyqjBTlwHC/$_57.JPG

There is way more inventory on non-headlight-leveling (xenon) LCM's w/ rear fogs on eBay.de. Car tax is way lower in Germany than the UK so cars have better options (read: xenons and automatic lights). I sourced my non-auto, with-rear-fog, non-headlight-leveling LCM for $65 shipped. I used the faceplate on my car, put the old faceplate on the euro LCM, flashed the euro LCM with US software and sold it locally for $40. So I essentially got the faceplate for $25.

Keywords to search for: E46, xenon, LCM, LKM, LSZ, Lichtmodul, Lichtshalter, Lichtschaltzentrum.

Google translate a "will you ship to the US" in Deutsch and contact all sellers. Eventually one will bite.

Now to find a 4.0 LCM for cheap...

derbo
08-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Totally forgot about that one in the list! I think the first pic is the one you mentioned. There is a few that even I think are odd.

Non-Auto, no fogs switch.

I had a harder time with ebay germany mainly cause of the language barrier but i'm sure its cheaper!

Either way, I think the fair price for these things is roughly $120shipped. If you can find it cheaper, fantastic.

alexandre
08-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Totally forgot about that one in the list! I think the first pic is the one you mentioned. There is a few that even I think are odd.

Non-Auto, no fogs switch.

I had a harder time with ebay germany mainly cause of the language barrier but i'm sure its cheaper!

Either way, I think the fair price for these things is roughly $120shipped. If you can find it cheaper, fantastic.

Going rate for a > 4.0 when I was shopping around was approx 25 EUR. Keep in mind this is on auctions, Buy It Now pricing is generally higher. Won mine in an auction. Not much competition for this stuff. DHL uninsured shipping to Canada/US from Germany is approx 20 EUR. Gotta work Google Translate a bit, that's all :)

derbo
08-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Going rate for a > 4.0 when I was shopping around was approx 25 EUR. Keep in mind this is on auctions, Buy It Now pricing is generally higher. Won mine in an auction. Not much competition for this stuff. DHL uninsured shipping to Canada/US from Germany is approx 20 EUR. Gotta work Google Translate a bit, that's all :)

Time to hunt EBAY.DE then! :)