PDA

View Full Version : Spare tire

ravenclaw
08-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi all..!!
I have a zhp and am on a road trip. Unfortunately one of rear tire (Passenger side) have got a small tear and cannot be repaired. I got a replacement back in my home town. Now that i have another 1000 mile to cover in this road trip to get back home is it safe to stick to my spare tire all along following the speed regulations? Kindly advise. Thank you..!!

Hermes
08-03-2014, 09:39 PM
No, don't drive on the spare for that long. Buy a replacement tire for your wheel

ravenclaw
08-03-2014, 09:45 PM
In that case i am in New Jersey now.. !! I am planning to leave from New Jersey to Niagara tomorrow. Can anyone suggest me some shop close by?? Cos most of the shops dont have these 255-35-R18 tires with them.. !! :(

Wisco
08-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately you just gotta pick up the phone and hope you can find a shop within a decent distance that has a tire. You could try one of the chains like Tire America. The last time I had a single bad tire, the helpful store manager was able to locate the desired tired at another store and have it shipped to his store to install.

Good luck

ryankokesh
08-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Yikes, hope you can work that out. I would agree that driving on the spare that long isn't the best option. Really makes you wish it came with a full size spare. :facepalm

Sent from my iPhone

ELCID86
08-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Yikes, hope you can work that out. I would agree that driving on the spare that long isn't the best option. Really makes you wish it came with a full size spare. :facepalm

Sent from my iPhone

What are the options for finding a full size spare that will fit in the well? Anybody have one?

ryankokesh
08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
What are the options for finding a full size spare that will fit in the well? Anybody have one?

Most full size wheels will fit, just not the fatter rears. I keep a winter wheel in there in the summer, and a front summer in there during the winter. Figure it has to be better than the dinky donut. You do have to take out that plastic insert, though.

Sent from my iPhone

ELCID86
08-06-2014, 06:05 PM
^thanks. So a front 135 fits?

danewilson77
08-06-2014, 06:54 PM
^thanks. So a front 135 fits?
Yes.

The friendliest forum on the planet!

Bimmernut2
08-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I have been able to fit a full size spare from the front in my '05 convertible but had to remove the plastic & also flip the trunk wheel cover in order to gain enough space to clear the tire.

johnrando
08-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Which plastic did u remove and which cover did you mean you flipped, the large one?