PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognize this ZHP?

eurosonic
10-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Trying to get some info on this car?

Anyone familiar with it or know the previous owner?

thanks

16069160701607116072undefined

BCS_ZHP
10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
What part of the country did you find this car in, that might help?

eurosonic
10-20-2014, 06:22 PM
The car has California Title and located in Socal.

KevinC
10-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Ridden hard, put away bent. nono

BCS_ZHP
10-20-2014, 06:56 PM
To give you an idea, the attached which required an inner fender too (the one in your pic doesn't look like the inner is damaged), with zero frame damage was over $7K to repair, headlights are very expensive and if any of the headlight control modules are damaged then it's even more expensive. I'm a bit OCD, the shop owner was a friend and knows that, every single part in this repair was brand new, down to the last plastic rivet connector.
Bruce

eurosonic
10-20-2014, 07:03 PM
wow $7k?!

For me the red car would be a $700 repair at most.

BCS_ZHP
10-20-2014, 07:18 PM
$700 is very hard to believe. A pair of xenon Depot headlights are over $600, true OEMs are $1K each. Hood & fender both need to be replaced if fixed properly, that's at least $500 for used parts, bumper cover is torn & needs replacement, lots of plastic parts to break under that fender & bumper, then add labor for R&R plus painting. On the cheap with used or non-OEM parts this is $2.5-3K with you doing all the labor for free.

eurosonic
10-20-2014, 07:28 PM
$700 is very hard to believe. A pair of xenon Depot headlights are over $600, true OEMs are $1K each. Hood & fender both need to be replaced if fixed properly, that's at least $500 for used parts, bumper cover is torn & needs replacement, lots of plastic parts to break under that fender & bumper, then add labor for R&R plus painting. On the cheap with used or non-OEM parts this is $2.5-3K with you doing all the labor for free.

So most people think, but not when you live in Sacramento and you are Russian. Just ask Avetiso.

BCS_ZHP
10-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Best of luck to you...

az3579
10-21-2014, 04:58 AM
$700 isn't going to cut it IMO.
If you do end up getting the car and fix it for that amount, please do let us know; it will be nice to see the transformation!
I am curious about what it's actually going to cost. If it really ends up being that amount, I will literally poop myself. lol

Vas
10-21-2014, 05:20 AM
I ran it through the registery http://www.zhpregistry.net/ using the vin and it did not come up. I did add it though.

For the year and miles, it should go cheap through copart.

eurosonic
10-21-2014, 07:46 AM
thanks

ELCID86
10-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Hood, fender, headlight (s), fog light and cover, kidney grilles, bumper cover and trim,,, = $$s.

Avetiso
10-21-2014, 08:43 AM
I'd say $700-$1,000 is spot on.

You guys need to realize that we do NOT in any way calculate costs the way your typical hourly repair shop calculates.

Avetiso
10-21-2014, 08:47 AM
thanks

Need LSD for it. :biggrin

az3579
10-21-2014, 08:59 AM
I'd say $700-$1,000 is spot on.

You guys need to realize that we do NOT in any way calculate costs the way your typical hourly repair shop calculates.

We're talking just in parts here... assuming all labor is free... you're saying you can get parts for significantly less than an average consumer can? I mean, even bargain hunting, it looks like parts alone will be more than $700. Do you just take parts from other salvage cars?

eurosonic
10-21-2014, 09:01 AM
ok $700 would be on the lower end. But definitely no more than $1000. Otherwise I wouldn't buy the car.

Avetiso
10-21-2014, 09:01 AM
We're talking just in parts here... assuming all labor is free... you're saying you can get parts for significantly less than an average consumer can? I mean, even bargain hunting, it looks like parts alone will be more than $700. Do you just take parts from other salvage cars?

Oh man with how many salvage yards there are here? You're talking like $30 for OEM fenders. Hood will be like $80. Headlight most expensive. Looking at around $200. Bumper can be plastic welded and fixed.

Parts are cheap and plentiful here on the best coast.

Vas
10-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Ha best coast. That's a knee slapper right there.

az3579
10-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Oh man with how many salvage yards there are here? You're talking like $30 for OEM fenders. Hood will be like $80. Headlight most expensive. Looking at around $200. Bumper can be plastic welded and fixed.

Parts are cheap and plentiful here on the best coast.

You kidding me? Our salvage yards ask for almost as much as you can buy parts for on eBay! :shifty

eurosonic
10-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Sacramento is the auto dismantler mecca. Some of the biggest european auto dismantlers are located here. Alot of my friends either have body shops or some sort mechanic shops.
Just the other day I picked an entire front for my wifes E92 coupe for under $300. Yes, a lot of it is bargain hunting and having the right connections. For example here is my price break down on the parts for this car. Every other russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Armenian and what ever else slavics have shops. In simple terms alot of supply and only so much demand therefore the prices are dirt cheap.

Fender $<40
Hood $60-80
Bumper fixed
Headlights under $200 for both
Kidneys (free)
Paint body $<400

Assembly and disassembly I'll do myself.

As far as quality, average joe wont notice any work was done

Hermes
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
To give you an idea, the attached which required an inner fender too (the one in your pic doesn't look like the inner is damaged), with zero frame damage was over $7K to repair, headlights are very expensive and if any of the headlight control modules are damaged then it's even more expensive. I'm a bit OCD, the shop owner was a friend and knows that, every single part in this repair was brand new, down to the last plastic rivet connector.
Bruce

This hurts to see

ELCID86
10-21-2014, 02:30 PM
This hurts to see

All better now. ;-)

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

flavo
10-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Fender $<40
Hood $60-80
Bumper fixed
Headlights under $200 for both
Kidneys (free)
Paint body $<400

Assembly and disassembly I'll do myself.

As far as quality, average joe wont notice any work was done

http://uploads-webtreats.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/webtreats_blue_jelly.jpg

BCS_ZHP
10-21-2014, 04:50 PM
This hurts to see

JP,
The damage inflicted was almost surgical, the asshat who cut in front of this car hooked the headlight/fender with his bumper corner perfectly and ripped it clean off. You can see a small white vertical mark on the door, it wasn't a dent but rather a mark from when the fender touched the door as it was ripped off and cut into the wax and clear coat. This pic was taken 30 seconds after the accident, other than the fender liner laying on the tire,the car did drive fine. I drove 250 miles the next day, loaded the car on a trailer, and brought it to my repair shop of choice before the insurance companies could look at it and offer me limited options. And then my buddy of 30 years kicked his body shop guys in the butt to do it right, price wasn't a variable, correct functionality and appearance were the goals. He told them their normal wasn't acceptable, time to step it up to perfection, informed them I was OCD off the scale, evengave me a set of keys to his shop and the alarm code so I could check on it anytime I wanted. And I did, a lot, and I left notes & instructions on what I liked and didn't like, I couldn't have done it better myself. We had the luxury of an extra car so they had her about a month until I was completely satisfied. The bonus was we painted the whole front clip since the opportunity presented itself, she was looking very nice when she relocated to SoCal. You've had her 9 months now, has she shown any scars or memory of this unfortunate incident?
Bruce

az3579
10-21-2014, 05:34 PM
JP,
The damage inflicted was almost surgical, the asshat who cut in front of this car hooked the headlight/fender with his bumper corner perfectly and ripped it clean off. You can see a small white vertical mark on the door, it wasn't a dent but rather a mark from when the fender touched the door as it was ripped off and cut into the wax and clear coat. This pic was taken 30 seconds after the accident, other than the fender liner laying on the tire,the car did drive fine. I drove 250 miles the next day, loaded the car on a trailer, and brought it to my repair shop of choice before the insurance companies could look at it and offer me limited options. And then my buddy of 30 years kicked his body shop guys in the butt to do it right, price wasn't a variable, correct functionality and appearance were the goals. He told them their normal wasn't acceptable, time to step it up to perfection, informed them I was OCD off the scale, evengave me a set of keys to his shop and the alarm code so I could check on it anytime I wanted. And I did, a lot, and I left notes & instructions on what I liked and didn't like, I couldn't have done it better myself. We had the luxury of an extra car so they had her about a month until I was completely satisfied. The bonus was we painted the whole front clip since the opportunity presented itself, she was looking very nice when she relocated to SoCal. You've had her 9 months now, has she shown any scars or memory of this unfortunate incident?
Bruce

I had no idea it was ever even involved in an accident! I took one look at the pic and I thought "that looks eerily similar to the one JP bought"!
They sure an amazing job fixing it; I didn't even notice.

Vas
10-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Doesn't it have rash on the front bumper now ?

BADCLOWN
10-21-2014, 06:10 PM
to be totally honest, and just looking at the pictures.........i can't believe that car got totaled out. it doesn't look too hateful (goes without saying regarding what you may not be able to see)

Hermes
10-21-2014, 06:15 PM
JP,
Bruce

I know, I remember you telling me... it still hurts to see the car look like that. I definitely agree it was fixed perfectly, none of my friends can tell it was repaired.

So far she has been unharmed with the exception of the driveway at my new house causing the front bumper to scrape. I'll have to figure out something to fix the angle before I get the bumper resprayed.

Otherwise everything is good

BCS_ZHP
10-21-2014, 06:39 PM
She will always be the quickest of the ZHPs we've ever had, 3.46 rear, Dinan TB, and AA tune helped in that dept. The slick top was rather unusual, the M3 manual seats were unique, Preston still pines for her occasionally (which signifies he's back). We'll get his college semester grades in another 6-7 weeks and then I'll know if the recovery was complete.