Newjack
10-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Bamboo back is pretty dope. GLWS OP.

Avetiso
10-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Wow that looks sick.

Pip
10-29-2014, 06:05 AM
It's really nice and don't have an issue with the operating system like I thought I would but it is a little big for me. I am committed to using it at least a week to see if I can get used to it. Hardest part is living without the controls on my headphones.

derbo
10-29-2014, 08:34 AM
GLWS Sean. What are your options left now for a smaller phone? Sony Z3 Compact?

Pip
10-29-2014, 05:16 PM
GLWS Sean. What are your options left now for a smaller phone? Sony Z3 Compact?

iP6, Moto X, Sony Z3 Compact. If I don't get the Moto X I'll probably just stick with Apple. I have been enjoying android once I got it setup correctly lol (aka look like Apple).

Seriously all those people saying Android rocks because you can do anything is wrong...IMHO. Certain things should exist in an OS at this stage in the game and if Android was truly custom I'd be able to do things I can't on the iPhone. Yes I was able to download 3rd party apps to do what I wanted and that isn't something that can be done with an iPhone, but come on Google. For example there are certain things that should be present in the quick settings menu like clock (when you don't have an alarm set), calculator, rotation lock/unlock, flashlight etc. Also it shouldn't take two clicks to get there (flick and click). Also what about calendar meetings on the lock screen... Well the apps "Settings Extended" and Microsoft Next fixed my issues with Android so far.

Google Now is creepy awesome. Bose headphones not working with Android because everything is designed for Apple products = sucky. My gym sesh this morning consisted of me walking back to the car for my iPhone so I could change volume with the headphone controls. Simple things like this are potentially things I've gotten used to, but why I like the iPhone. I consistently use the meeting info on the lock screen to know which room I'm headed to at work, use the clock quick swipe to time some workouts, calculator for tips etc, flashlight almost daily, and rotation lock while in bed. Android had all these features before Apple of course, but the implementation by Apple was what made it special. My hands are small and sit near the bottom bezel where the quick settings should be (fixed with "Next" app). Anyways enough ranting.

derbo
10-29-2014, 05:52 PM
iP6, Moto X, Sony Z3 Compact. If I don't get the Moto X I'll probably just stick with Apple. I have been enjoying android once I got it setup correctly lol (aka look like Apple).

Seriously all those people saying Android rocks because you can do anything is wrong...IMHO. Certain things should exist in an OS at this stage in the game and if Android was truly custom I'd be able to do things I can't on the iPhone. Yes I was able to download 3rd party apps to do what I wanted and that isn't something that can be done with an iPhone, but come on Google. For example there are certain things that should be present in the quick settings menu like clock (when you don't have an alarm set), calculator, rotation lock/unlock, flashlight etc. Also it shouldn't take two clicks to get there (flick and click). Also what about calendar meetings on the lock screen... Well the apps "Settings Extended" and Microsoft Next fixed my issues with Android so far.

Google Now is creepy awesome. Bose headphones not working with Android because everything is designed for Apple products = sucky. My gym sesh this morning consisted of me walking back to the car for my iPhone so I could change volume with the headphone controls. Simple things like this are potentially things I've gotten used to, but why I like the iPhone. I consistently use the meeting info on the lock screen to know which room I'm headed to at work, use the clock quick swipe to time some workouts, calculator for tips etc, flashlight almost daily, and rotation lock while in bed. Android had all these features before Apple of course, but the implementation by Apple was what made it special. My hands are small and sit near the bottom bezel where the quick settings should be (fixed with "Next" app). Anyways enough ranting.

Totally agree with you.

Android 5.0 is actually fixing the quick settings problem.

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/nexus2cee_notif-1_thumb.gif

I agree the lockscreen and alarm settings is too many steps and that's a big issue with android. It's complicated for small things that do not need to be hidden behind so many menus. At least you are able to solve it with 3rd party apps.

I was a bit peeve about the 3rd party controls not working with the headphones too and since I didn't really use it that often, I learned to live with it. We live in a world that caters to iphones so some of the things we take for granted on Apple

Anyways GLWS :)

Pip
11-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Sold