PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ZHP Sedan with low miles in Oregon/Washington State area

BMWCurves
11-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Year(s): 2004, 2005
Budget: $14,000-15,000
Desired location of vehicle: Oregon/Washington State area
Desired Mileage: Less than 80,000
Transmission type: Manual (a must)
Desired number of Doors: 4, but could be talked into a coupe if it is a particularly nice example.
Desired Exterior Color: In rough order of preference: Mystic Blue, Orient Blue, Sapphire Black, Silver Grey, Alpine White, and Imola Red 2. Pretty much anything but Titanium Silver.
Desired Interior Color: Black or Natural Brown. I'd much prefer leather than alcantara.
Desired Packages: Premium and Cold Weather (I really just want the heated front seats and the fold down rear seats from the Cold Weather Package, the headlamp washers aren't all that important but would be nice).
Desired Options: Xenon headlights and Harman Kardon radio.
Funds lined up? Yup!
Have a car you need to sell first? Nope!

Hey guys! I used to own a 2003 330Ci and now that it's gone, I'd like to stay in the E46 family because of how fun these cars are. I'm hoping to find a ZHP sedan with a manual transmission and relatively low miles. I'm looking for a well maintained example (with documentation), although I am flexible because I plan to do preventative maintenance like I did on my 330Ci. I've been looking for a while for a ZHP on here, E46Fanatics, Autotrader, and Craigslist, but I haven't had much luck finding anything on the West Coast with my preferences. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

danewilson77
11-16-2014, 01:14 PM
GLWF

"No flamesuit required"

Vas
11-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Good luck finding one.

BMWCurves
11-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Good luck finding one.

I have similar doubts, but might as well try :/

BavarianZHP
11-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Feel free to PM me if you see one around Seattle. I can take a preliminary look at it and give you some impressions. Enjoy the hunt!

danewilson77
11-16-2014, 04:24 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4294

"No flamesuit required"

ELCID86
11-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Happy hunting.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

BMWCurves
11-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Feel free to PM me if you see one around Seattle. I can take a preliminary look at it and give you some impressions. Enjoy the hunt!

Will do, appreciate it!

BMWCurves
11-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Thoughts on this one?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4764925175.html

My only two reservations really are that it is a coupe, not the sedan, and the extent of the things mentioned under "Disclosures."

EDIT: I have been emailing with him (the only form of communication he has listed) and he's in the process of getting my his maintenance history. It sounds like it has the Premium Package (says it has a dimming rear view mirror) and might have the Cold Weather Package (BMW VIN decoder says it has high pressure headlamp washers).

danewilson77
11-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Minor stuff:

Disclosures:

Cosmetic wear and tear including chipped front badge (Very minor - $30), ding in passenger door (PDC?), scratch on trunk (through the clearcoat?), scuff on rear bumper (should buff out), loose headliner (UGH). Chip in windshield ($300-$400), out of site line. Sealed by professional window repair 2014. Paperwork available. Due for new tires ($600-$1000). Discoloration in side mirrors ($200).

Would like more info here:

Recent Maintenance:

• Oil seals replace 2011 - Which seals specifically? (OFHG, VCH, Oil pan gasket, dip stick o-ring, vanos seals)
• Belt replaced 2013 - Which belt? Why not both? What about pullies 9qty 3)
• All scheduled maintenance and oil changes. Most recent in October 2014
• New tail light October

BMWCurves
11-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info Dane! As for the maintenance, that's what I'm waiting to hear back from him about.

danewilson77
11-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Copy

jiggz
11-19-2014, 10:31 AM
This coupe you posted definitely has the Cold Weather Package - VIN shows heated seats and headlight washers.

Not sure on the Premium Package...this package became harder to identify on ZHP's and E46's in general in later years as so much stuff had become standard, stuff like rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, etc. This car has leather and a moonroof but those could be ordered standalone.

Anyhow, you just missed out on one about 2 weeks ago that was listed on Craigslist Seattle. It didn't have Cold Weather but it was black over natural brown, 6MT, mileage in the 75K range as I recall, and full maintenace history....for $12,500. To no surprise the ad was only up for 2 days or so.

Keep an eye out and try to be patient...they're around.

BMWCurves
11-19-2014, 01:08 PM
This coupe you posted definitely has the Cold Weather Package - VIN shows heated seats and headlight washers.

Not sure on the Premium Package...this package became harder to identify on ZHP's and E46's in general in later years as so much stuff had become standard, stuff like rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, etc. This car has leather and a moonroof but those could be ordered standalone.

The owner seems unsure of what the car has, although he is the only owner. He says it has the auto-dimming rearview mirror, which was a constant in the Premium Package as far as I can tell. But you're right, it's definitely hard to tell in later years.

Anyhow, you just missed out on one about 2 weeks ago that was listed on Craigslist Seattle. It didn't have Cold Weather but it was black over natural brown, 6MT, mileage in the 75K range as I recall, and full maintenace history....for $12,500. To no surprise the ad was only up for 2 days or so.

Keep an eye out and try to be patient...they're around.

I saw that one and was actually emailing with the guy about it. He was very slow to communicate (he posted Sunday evening and I emailed him the same night) and by the time I heard back from him after I emailed him about coming up to see it, he said he had a buyer lined up and it was too late :crying. Hopefully another sedan will come around with low miles and the packages I'm looking for, but I may pull the trigger on this coupe depending on what the owner says about the maintenance history and the extent of the disclosed items in the ad.

az3579
11-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Check for lumbar support; that's a dead giveaway of the Premium Package as it wasn't a standalone option.

TeMercZHP
11-20-2014, 12:47 PM
I may be looking to sell my ZHP. Looking into an '03 E39 M Sport package car.

I'm in Phx.

Awaiting reply from the owner.

PM me for any additional details on the car and more pix or if you're on IG they're all there. Currently has 76K on the odo

Recently had front end work done, mechanic says the car does not need anything else.

BMWCurves
11-20-2014, 02:23 PM
I may be looking to sell my ZHP. Looking into an '03 E39 M Sport package car.

I'm in Phx.

Awaiting reply from the owner.

PM me for any additional details on the car and more pix or if you're on IG they're all there. Currently has 76K on the odo

Recently had front end work done, mechanic says the car does not need anything else.

Phoenix might be a bit far but I could definitely be interested if it's in good shape for a decent price. PMed.

TeMercZHP
11-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Phoenix might be a bit far but I could definitely be interested if it's in good shape for a decent price. PMed.
It's in great shape, sent images.

BMWCurves
11-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Unfortunately I had to turn down TeMercZHP's generous offer. It was a great looking sedan but it wasn't quite what I wanted. I'm back in the hunt.