PDA

View Full Version : 05 Sparkling Graphite Coupe/MT One Owner

jwalther
12-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Looks like a bargain to me. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1060355

danewilson77
12-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Yep. Up front about everything and asking a reasonable price.

"No flamesuit required"

WOLFN8TR
12-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Anyone in the St.Louis area that can look at this car for me??

BMWCurves
12-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Looks like he's hoping to get $10k from a dealership at trade-in. If that doesn't go through, $10k seems like a pretty damn fair price for what he's offering.

mbeckel
12-07-2014, 05:12 PM
WOW! 10k is a steal. Someone scoop this up so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands please!

Sent from in the bushes

NoVAphotog
12-07-2014, 05:46 PM
No wonder you don't see too many in that color...it's rarer than I thought. Definitely nice.

WOLFN8TR
12-07-2014, 06:01 PM
The owner just contacted me and included these pics.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/17a3adf7b3b9877b27b2c50844a686bf.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/aa6529b113a18c54e64eaf47aedbf337.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/cd905398f30d482f3143f6a9f31aa3d5.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/68a9a9a2016129a60b70cf15af74bf6a.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/13be0cf66b79bae25aeacc541dd821c5.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/8fd48c5ef9c4cd629f139ddfea3ec48b.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/d8bf43a6350e4ca7b030f0d69071fd96.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/f09698823e5ac78558c9db891db26865.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/9a47b7d1b27b9bb471489068abfd1fe2.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/6a0d3853a0f3299307ea6b5250cb42a8.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/141af9f3fab1ce69221f21e25d274af7.jpg

Vas
12-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone in the St.Louis area that can look at this car for me??
Why the switch ?

ELCID86
12-07-2014, 06:16 PM
And he must live on a dirt road!

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

WOLFN8TR
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Why the switch ?

And he must live on a dirt road!

Well the 6MT for one and it has 45,000 less miles than mine.

The really dirty engine photos kinda killed it for me. If I was looking without already owning a ZHP I would probably jump on this!. The price is right, the 6MT is right, the color is right and the mileage is right! But beings I would have to do ALOT of part switching between the two cars and have it shipped here I'm leaning towards NO on this one.

WOLFN8TR
12-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Reply from the Owner, just some more info about this ZHP. I'm not pursuing this any longer.

It’s kinda funny. Last week, my Trailblazer had a dead battery and I realized the battery was over 5 years old and I had owned it that long already. Then I realized, it was time to look for a new daily driver which meant it was time to sell the ZHP.

When I first posted, I had just started looking into what my car is worth to get an idea. The prices from Edmunds didn’t seem right for a ZHP, then I realized that there are very few ZHPs out there for them to have an accurate price. Then I was like, “those guys at E46 Fanatics would know!” I wasn’t planning on selling it this way.

Anyway, after I posted I started looking at what was out there to buy, I found a certified used 135i convertible with the M sport Package and only 10K miles at a BMW dealers web site. It would make the perfect replacement for the ZHP to use as a daily driver.

I’m off work this Friday, so my plan is to go look at it and make them an offer of my car + cash. But I’m valuing my car at $10K in the deal.

But after reading the replies to my post and realizing that it is a rare car in great shape and that there are real enthusiasts out there for the ZHP who would keep it that way, I’d much rather sell it to a ZHP enthusiast.

So, if we could have a deal done by the 19th, the car is yours for $10K. I’ll hold off on making any final deal with the dealer for the 135i until then.

A couple of notes:

Late in the summer, the A/C started blowing hot air out of the dash vents on one side only. Around that time, I noticed an electrical smell coming from near the drivers side front tire. I checked the E46 fanatics forum and found that it could be the heater water valve which is located on the front drivers wheel well (part # 64-11-8-369-805 – It turns hot water on/off to the coil in the heater box). I replaced it (the old one was extremely hot when I took it out) and it worked for a while, then I started noticing the electrical smell again and it started blowing hot air out of ½ the front dash vents. But since then it hasn’t been hot enough to run the A/C. Before that problem with the heater water valve, there were no problems with the A/C. The heat works fine.

Before the new tires went on in April, I noticed a slight drift during hard acceleration. It corners fine and drives fine otherwise. After the new tires were mounted, it went to the BMW dealer for oil service and other maintenance and an alignment. They found the suspension to be tight, but the new tires and alignment didn’t fix the drift. I’m thinking it may be worn shocks. They are 10 years old with 87K miles, so it’s probably time.

In September 2011, it blew out a lower radiator hose while I was driving on the highway. I noticed my temp gauge pegged and immediately pulled over and shut it down. AAA towed me to the closest BMW dealer. They fixed the hose and replaced the thermostat and coolant sensors. That was at 77K miles and I haven’t had a any problems with the cooling system since.

You’ve seen the pictures I posted. I have original documents and folders that came with the car plus all maintenance invoices from day 1. I can have all the docs and stuff ready for your friend to look at when he comes to look at the car.

Let me know soon. I’d like to make an offer on that 135i before Christmas. I think the dealer would be more willing to bend on price to get it off the lot before the end of the year. I live in the St Louis metro area. The Pix I posted last night and engine pix from today.

mbeckel
12-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Reply from the Owner, just some more info about this ZHP. I'm not pursuing this any longer.
Sounds like he didn't maintain it very well

Sent from in the bushes

Dave1027
12-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Sounds like he didn't maintain it very well

I began thinking that when I saw the pic of his dirty engine with grease/oil spots all over it.

ELCID86
12-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Glad he was up front with you.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

WOLFN8TR
12-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Sounds like he didn't maintain it very well.

I began thinking that when I saw the pic of his dirty engine with grease/oil spots all over it.

Glad he was up front with you.

I will give the guy credit, he was up front with me. The engine photo really shows the neglect thou. I couldn't sleep at night if my engine compartment was that dirty!

TG3
12-08-2014, 08:40 PM
MINE! the person who is contacting the owner would you be able to get undercarriage pics? I'm willing to fly out to purchase this car ASAP! I just need some more information on it!

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I honestly may buy this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOLFN8TR
12-10-2014, 03:32 PM
More Info from the Seller...

I wasn't prepared to put it up for sale. I had just came to the realization that the time has come and started looking at what I could get for it. At the time I posted, I had no idea what I was going to do, then I found a nice replacement on a local BMW dealer's lot. So... I kinda want to make a deal on that car this Friday, but I'd rather sell it to a ZHP fan...

Anyway, I ran into the post about my car on ZHP Mafia. I see the dirty engine turned you off. That's 10 years of dirt and grime. The engine never been steam cleaned. It's not like there is any chrome it's just stock black plastic, nothing to look at. But it has been well maintained. I check the coolant levels and oil once a month since I owned it. I have never had to add oil between changes. All filters & fluids have been changed at the BMW maintenance intervals. The car has been well maintained, the interior/exterior pix should show that.

If I hadn't jumped the gun, the car would have been professionally detailed before any pix were posted and engine would have shined. And I would have used a better camera/lighting. All I did before I took the cell phone pix I sent you was wipe down the interior with a damp cloth and give it a light vacuum. But then again, if I went thru all that trouble, I'd be asking more in the $12-13K range.

If the car I look at Friday is not what I want or I can't work out a deal to trade it in, I'm in no hurry to sell my ZHP. This weekend I figured I'd start making plans and put it up for sale in March, so I will probably revert back to those plans and get the car ready to list for sale over the winter. Before I decided to look into replacing it last week, the A/C issue and shocks/suspension/drift issue were on the list to be fixed this winter, so that work would be done before an official sale.

I dug out the maintenance records over the weekend and I'm in the process of entering them into a spreadsheet to use as a bargaining tool with the dealer or for a future sale.

If you know anyone else who may be interested, I can pass on the spreadsheet. If the dealer doesn't take the deal, then I'll take $10K for it as is. If I get it detailed and the A/C, shocks (or whatever) done to formally put it up for sale, then it will be listed for a much higher price.

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:05 PM
MINE! the person who is contacting the owner would you be able to get undercarriage pics? I'm willing to fly out to purchase this car ASAP! I just need some more information on it!

I honestly may buy this

Power struggle. Someone from here is buying this I think

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Lol

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:08 PM
I just want a manual

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:11 PM
I just want a manual

Go for it buddy! My only concern is from a maintenance standpoint. But it can still have a good life. You just might have a list of things off the start

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Go for it buddy! My only concern is from a maintenance standpoint. But it can still have a good life. You just might have a list of things off the start

Sent from in the bushes

Granted I all ready have a car, I either manual swap or buy a new one. Mine is pretty clean though, just hate the autotragic it's bad lol

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Granted I all ready have a car, I either manual swap or buy a new one. Mine is pretty clean though, just hate the autotragic it's bad lol

Personally, I would sell the autotragic and buy a manual. The swap is a big can of worms. And will be a lot of money

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Personally, I would sell the autotragic and buy a manual. The swap is a big can of worms. And will be a lot of money

Sent from in the bushes

I kinda agree, my dad really doesn't want me to sell it though (yet agrees the auto sucks) so it's a split lol.

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
I kinda agree, my dad really doesn't want me to sell it though (yet agrees the auto sucks) so it's a split lol.

It's worth selling it only if you find the one you want and it's the RIGHT one

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:22 PM
It's worth selling it only if you find the one you want and it's the RIGHT one

Sent from in the bushes

Yeah, I'm open to any colors really, just needs to be MT

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I'm open to any colors really, just needs to be MT

Coupe or sedan?

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Coupe or sedan?

Sent from in the bushes

Only coupes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Only coupes

Yet part of me doesn't want to sell my first car :split

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Only coupes

Get in contact with the seller of this one, from what people are saying, he's straight forward about the car. It being one owner makes it worth entertaining

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Get in contact with the seller of this one, from what people are saying, he's straight forward about the car. It being one owner makes it worth entertaining

Sent from in the bushes

Agree my car was one owner with the window sticker

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Agree my car was one owner with the window sticker

Is the car close to you? You seem serious about pursuing this car.

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Is the car close to you? You seem serious about pursuing this car.

Sent from in the bushes

I messaged him, it's a possibility. My car is somewhat close, I enjoy it besides the auto as stated. Either way it will be swapped or sold, I just think people won't want to buy a manual swapped car and hurt the value.

mbeckel
12-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I messaged him, it's a possibility. My car is somewhat close, I enjoy it besides the auto as stated. Either way it will be swapped or sold, I just think people won't want to buy a manual swapped car and hurt the value.

Very true. That's something that you should take into consideration when wanting to do a swap. That's why I have been trying to talk you out of doing a swap.

Sent from in the bushes

pilotnick1203
12-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Very true. That's something that you should take into consideration when wanting to do a swap. That's why I have been trying to talk you out of doing a swap.

Sent from in the bushes

I don't reckon many want a car with that done, I know I am perfectionist and it would be done right but a buyer doesn't know that.

TG3
12-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Well I hope one of us gets it! I'm talking to him right now via PM with e46fanatics and if it checks out I think i might fly out and drive it back to cali and keep it for myself! This is the car of my dreams!

Imola.ZHP
12-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Well I hope one of us gets it! I'm talking to him right now via PM with e46fanatics and if it checks out I think i might fly out and drive it back to cali and keep it for myself! This is the car of my dreams!

Keep us posted! If he would have had the car detailed before he took pics it would probably already be gone.

WOLFN8TR
12-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Keep us posted! If he would have had the car detailed before he took pics it would probably already be gone.

I agree, not sure why he didn't. But what's strange is he states if he did the price would of been 2-3K higher if he went thru all that trouble. Ok so you drop the car off at a detail shop, they charge you approx $300 for a detail and you raise the price from $10,000 to $13,000 ya that sounds about right. :facepalm

I see the dirty engine turned you off. That's 10 years of dirt and grime. The engine has never been steam cleaned. It's not like there is any chrome it's just stock black plastic, nothing to look at.

If I hadn't jumped the gun, the car would have been professionally detailed before any pix were posted and engine would have shined. And I would have used a better camera/lighting. All I did before I took the cell phone pix I sent you was wipe down the interior with a damp cloth and give it a light vacuum. But then again, if I went thru all that trouble, I'd be asking more in the $12-13K range.

BMWCurves
12-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I think he was talking about fixing the A/C issue and other small things, not just cleaning the engine bay.

TG3
12-14-2014, 01:18 AM
I feel like there is something that hes not telling us. I'm off this car for right now. Something seems funny.

WOLFN8TR
12-14-2014, 10:11 AM

I feel like there is something that hes not telling us. I'm off this car for right now. Something seems funny.

You too? What happened with the PM's between you and the Seller? It's funny you say that because it's the same vibe I got.

cakM3
12-14-2014, 10:21 AM
You too? What happened with the PM's between you and the Seller? It's funny you say that because it's the same vibe I got.

Gary, is this the same car over at e46Fanatics?

Edit: just checked the link and answered my own question. This is all I have to add to that thread :facepalm

TG3
12-15-2014, 02:06 AM

This was his response after I asked for some pictures of the undercarriage... and the fact that he "knows" the value of his car yet he wanted 10k only for it... I don't know I feel like there is a MAJOR issue with the car and we wont be able to tell unless its either A:up on a jack B: driven a little hard or C:RUSTED THE FUCK OUT.

Hey whats the best way to speak to you about your car?

Sorry for the late reply. Been a crazy week. This way would probably be the best way right now. I hadn't been planning om selling it right away! I was just starting to think about it. But I have seen a couple of low mileage 135s since I started looking, so if I can't make a deal for my car, then I'll be selling.

Do you have any specific questions?

Well I just wanted some more specifics on the suspension. do you know exactly what hast o be replaced? I've been looking a car exactly like yours for a a few years now.. I'm from LA but I'm really interested in your vehicle. do you have any pictures of the undercarriage? any other specific information as far as the the A/c as well?

The only thing on the suspension that has needed to be replaced were the Lower Control Arm bushings in 2010 (17K miles ago)

I had a 4 wheel alignment done at the dealer at the last service in April and asked them to check the suspension. They found nothing that needed to be replaced.

Here is a list of the service done since new. I put this together last week from the invoices.
http://sprucehill.homeip.net/BMW/2005_330Ci_Maintenance_History.htm

No pix of the undercarriage, I don't have a floor jack and the car sits low, so it would be tough to get some...

I was going to take the car to try to trade for a 135is this weekend, but as I started the car up in the morning, I noticed a rattling/squeaking noise in the engine compartment. I popped the hood and tried to locate the noise. It seemed to be A/C compressor. The sound got better as the car warmed up. I took it for a spin to the store a mile or so up the street. When I got back I noticed a little white smoke in the engine compartment. Then I looked on the ground where car had been parked in the garage and saw some small wet spots.

So, the theory is that the A/C stopped working because a small leak caused a loss of Freon and the leak finally got big enough to see.

SO... Any sale/trade is now put off until I get the car in the shop this week. While it's in there, I'm going to have them do the Airbag recall # 14V-428 and check the shocks/suspension/alignment and cooling system.\

I may be wrong however.. Just make sure to check the car out well before you buy it.. if someone from here buys it.. get the PPI done!

E~ looks like his spreadsheet is just copied off carfax than edited by the owner.

WOLFN8TR
12-15-2014, 03:22 PM
This was his response after I asked for some pictures of the undercarriage... and the fact that he "knows" the value of his car yet he wanted 10k only for it... I don't know I feel like there is a MAJOR issue with the car and we wont be able to tell unless its either A:up on a jack B: driven a little hard or C:RUSTED THE FUCK OUT.

I may be wrong however.. Just make sure to check the car out well before you buy it.. if someone from here buys it.. get the PPI done!
E~ looks like his spreadsheet is just copied off carfax than edited by the owner.

Ya something just doesn't seem right with this one. Sorry it did't work out for ya.
Here is some interesting things from the (edited) Carfax.

Oil Changes:
14,634- Oil Service - Warranty
30,375- Inspection I - Oil change
46,549- Inspection II - Oil change
56,206- Interim Oil change (service indicator not reset)
64,691- Inspection II - Oil change
69,635- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
74,387- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
9/21/2011- 77,081...Overheated while driving at highway speeds
78,686- Inspection II - Oil change
81,582- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
85,552- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
86,669- Inspection II - Oil change

AC Issues over the last 5 years
6/4/2009- A/C - Low Freon level - Evac/Recharge A/C, added dye, replaced final stage for blower
8/20/2012- A/C freon low. Injected dye, recharged. No leaks found
7/30/2013- Inspect A/C - Excessive condensation runoff - no problems found, most likely due to humidity
Check A/C for leaks (dye added in 2012) - none found
4/28/2014- Check A/C for leaks (dye added in 2012) - none found
9/30/2014- Heater Water Valve - replaced it myself
A/C blowing hot air from 1/2 of dash vents, cool air from other 1/2- Did not fix problem

cakM3
12-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Ya something just doesn't seem right with this one. Sorry it did't work out for ya.
Here is some interesting things from the (edited) Carfax.

Oil Changes:
14,634- Oil Service - Warranty
30,375- Inspection I - Oil change
46,549- Inspection II - Oil change
56,206- Interim Oil change (service indicator not reset)
64,691- Inspection II - Oil change
69,635- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
74,387- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
9/21/2011- 77,081...Overheated while driving at highway speeds
78,686- Inspection II - Oil change
81,582- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
85,552- Low mileage Oil change (service indicator not reset)
86,669- Inspection II - Oil change

AC Issues over the last 5 years
6/4/2009- A/C - Low Freon level - Evac/Recharge A/C, added dye, replaced final stage for blower
8/20/2012- A/C freon low. Injected dye, recharged. No leaks found
7/30/2013- Inspect A/C - Excessive condensation runoff - no problems found, most likely due to humidity
Check A/C for leaks (dye added in 2012) - none found
4/28/2014- Check A/C for leaks (dye added in 2012) - none found
9/30/2014- Heater Water Valve - replaced it myself
A/C blowing hot air from 1/2 of dash vents, cool air from other 1/2- Did not fix problem

Shame......smh

webster
12-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Almost 90k miles on original brakes apparently too