PDA

View Full Version : sunroof del in jacksonville fl

GoGators
12-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Finally got to registering. bought an '04 IR 6spd sunroof delete ZHP sedan about a year ago. it was an intentional upgrade from my '01 330i (sold it with 320k miles on the odometer) for autocross, some daily driving and local cruise ins.

I am running with SCCA and other clubs in STX classes.

Currently the car has:
hotchkis f & r sway bars
18x8.5 SSRs with 265 Rivals
GC adjustable spring perches, eibach springs
koni yellows
braided brake lines
CDV del, TMS clutch line
TMS rotors, stud conversion
underdrive pulleys
shark tune
f & r strut/shock tower braces fab'd myself
short shifter
vorshlag camber plates
ECU update

having autocrossed my previous 01 330i, I really really appreciate the sunroof delete. the headroom and chassis stiffness is vastly improved. anyone have any idea how many exist on this side of the pond?

the ZHP has 140k miles and I will have to do the oil pan gasket this off season. also leaning towards dropping in a wavetrac LSD. would love to know if anyone has one in their autocross ZHP....

latest run from this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j1t8epi3sA&list=UUtPmjmKttMzyIdl3f6jh-xw

run at Gainesville (crank up the volume, the little 3.0 makes a nice noise with front mounted camera):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdYYUArOJ0&list=UUtPmjmKttMzyIdl3f6jh-xw

run from the spring with a vette club (how do you like my tire carrying racks? both fab'd myself):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB3H8GMBadI&list=UUtPmjmKttMzyIdl3f6jh-xw

Thanks for yalls input in the future, always enjoyed this forum.
thanks
kyle

fredo
12-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Welcome, Kyle ! You will like this forum. :biggrin

johnrando
12-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome. Will out the videos later. Sounds like you got that car dialed in. :thumbsup

ELCID86
12-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Nice rack! Glad you joined.

Vas
12-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Welcome.

NoVAphotog
12-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Sweet videos! Welcome!

BADCLOWN
12-09-2014, 03:37 PM
never knew they had a sunroof delete as a ZHP option, very cool. welcome!

ELCID86
12-09-2014, 05:25 PM

Not sure how many were made, but my OB AT sedan was a slick top.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Hermes
12-09-2014, 05:26 PM

It's actually the other way around, sunroof is an option. BMW NA order most cars with sunroofs, usually only special order or base model cars had no sunroof. It's been like this for decades.

BADCLOWN
12-10-2014, 06:26 AM
if BMW NA orders most cars with sunroofs...........then why is that considered an "option"? that seems odd

GoGators
12-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Right. my understanding is that sunroof is an option. but, BWMNA cars were all ordered with it unless requested by order/buyer. not sure if that is fact, but makes sense.

BADCLOWN
12-10-2014, 09:09 AM
i mean, that makes sense. but if you're going to put it on every car that doesnt really make it an "option" persay anymore. it in turn, makes a slick top the "option" and not the sunroof.

maybe my thought process is fucked up but thats how i view it haha.

Hermes
12-10-2014, 02:29 PM
if BMW NA orders most cars with sunroofs...........then why is that considered an "option"? that seems odd

Because in other parts of the world sunroof is not common. Cars there are built a la carte and not with 'option packages' like we have.

Basically it's a world option that the importer chooses to add to the vast majority of cars ordered. They have long believed that it helps sales and will continue to do so. Basically you have to special order a car new with no sunroof or be lucky and find a dealership that decided to order a car that way.

oldzilla
12-14-2014, 05:48 AM
Welcome.

danewilson77
12-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Welcome.