PDA

View Full Version : blue on dove 05 at in miaim

flavo
12-28-2014, 09:14 AM
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4808868304.html
The guy doesn't know it's a ZHP. I love randomly finding these

ELCID86
12-28-2014, 09:51 AM
That's the car Jon (Joop) is considering.

danewilson77
12-28-2014, 10:30 AM
What's an M-Bamper?

Probably meant bumper. Got it.

"No flamesuit required"

TheFinanceGuy
12-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Nice looking car!
Too bad it is an auto....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
12-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm looking at it. A 10 foot car at best.

JupiterBMW
12-28-2014, 11:39 AM
And guy is from Ukraine, hence the "bamper". He says it that way too. [emoji16][emoji16]

jiggz
12-28-2014, 11:51 AM
This is the 2nd '05 I've seen with a cassette player (though ad says single CD). So strange to me, I would have figured by '05 that wouldn't even have been an option.

Vas
12-28-2014, 12:55 PM
I like it. And nothing wrong with Ukrainians

danewilson77
12-28-2014, 05:16 PM

+1

The friendliest forum on the planet.

JupiterBMW
12-28-2014, 06:01 PM
This is the 2nd '05 I've seen with a cassette player (though ad says single CD). So strange to me, I would have figured by '05 that wouldn't even have been an option.
Yeah, absolutely, I was surprised to see a cassette player. The bright side is that this car has a 6 CD changer in the trunk, where the Navigation DVD unit would be otherwise. Still looks funny to see a cassette player.

Absolutely agree. I hope I didn't offend anybody, just was pointing out that the guy has a little speech barrier, hence the otherwise funny spelling. He actually is familiar with the "M Package" as he calls it. He doesn't know its the ZHP package, but he is familiar with the alcantara wheel, bumpers, wheels, and the cube trim (he refers to it as carbon fiber). His list of options is a cut and paste as it isn't perfect. The car actually does NOT have cold weather package, but it has the standalone front heated seats... That is fine, but I do wish it had the fold down rear seats.

Its a good looking car, but I actually found another one local as well, same year, same-ish options, 38k less miles, same price. We'll see what the future brings. Kind of waiting until the new year, just to let my checking account recover.

mbeckel
12-28-2014, 06:36 PM
What kind of preference do you have joop? I thought you would look for a 6 speed over an AT

Sent from in the bushes

Vas
12-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Black on black ? If yes then looks like a nice one.

JupiterBMW
12-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Black on black is an absolute no down here in South Florida... Which is ok because this car is Blue on Grey... :shifty

Anyway, so, my requirements. Clean car, inexpensive, automatic, and not black/black (or black exterior at all, regardless of interior). I'd like something cheap and easy to own, yet reliable and easy for my wife to drive while I'm gone (hence the need for an automatic...*sigh*). That all being said, I've actually found two local ZHPs, both VERY similar.

The original car in this thread, an '05 Orient Blue/Grey leather 5AT, 139K miles, $8500. Xenon, sunroof, heated seats (no ZCW), 6CD changer, silver cube. Overall great service records, but car is in need of a lot of little stuff/cleanup.
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4759921870.html.

And then there's a new contender, '05 Orient Blue/Alcantara 5AT, 102K miles, $8995. Xenon, sunroof, single CD, black cube. Car also has black grills and 19" wheels, so concern of prior enthusiast ownership (could be good, could be bad). Haven't seen the car so no idea of condition/history.
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/4817863402.html

Personally, I'd prefer the leather interior car, but it has 37K miles more. Neither have fold down rear seats, which sucks, but whatever. I'd definitely want to swap out the alcantara if I ended up with that car. The other one doesn't need much, just a lot of little cleanup items. Would love to hear the thoughts of the Mafia.

jiggz
12-28-2014, 08:33 PM
I would think alcantara would be preferable in Florida vs. leather….doesn't leather suck in the heat/humidity?

So no black but you'd take OB? They're so close….I've always figured if you're gonna do dark blue might as well do black!

fredo
12-28-2014, 08:46 PM
I would prefer a car in good mechanical shape. You can work on the cosmetic issues on your free time and be confident your wife drives a dependable car while you are on the ship. So, I say the car with more miles sounds better at this moment.

JupiterBMW
12-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Jeff, to be honest, you're right, OB is so dark, it might as well be black, but honestly, I just don't like black, its a little boring and I'll take anything even just a little lighter than black. If the perfect car came along and was black, I'd consider, but its unlikely. I do like Black Sapphire, but so hard to find. In terms of heat though, you're right, they're all about the same. The grey leather was surprisingly cool, even in the sun without tinted windows. Black leather, not so much... Alcantara would be cool, but I just don't care for it. All of my cars get tinted to the MAX anyway to keep as much UV/heat out of the cabin.

Fredo, agreed. Plus, the higher mileage car is 15 minutes from my house, the other one is about 90... :dunno

ELCID86
12-29-2014, 04:36 AM
Ooh, I do like car #2 OB/Alc. I can understand if you don't prefer that interior (I think!).

fredo
12-29-2014, 04:52 AM
The 2nd car is at a dealer. Very likely, no service records available. Plus they may not be willing to negotiate that much on the price.

mbeckel
12-29-2014, 05:42 AM
The 2nd car is at a dealer. Very likely, no service records available. Plus they may not be willing to negotiate that much on the price.
You would be surprised, idrive sets their prices high because people go there for in house financing. There's probably more wiggle room than you think.

Sent from in the bushes

poke08
01-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Jeff, to be honest, you're right, OB is so dark, it might as well be black, but honestly, I just don't like black, its a little boring and I'll take anything even just a little lighter than black. If the perfect car came along and was black, I'd consider, but its unlikely. I do like Black Sapphire, but so hard to find. In terms of heat though, you're right, they're all about the same. The grey leather was surprisingly cool, even in the sun without tinted windows. Black leather, not so much... Alcantara would be cool, but I just don't care for it. All of my cars get tinted to the MAX anyway to keep as much UV/heat out of the cabin.

Fredo, agreed. Plus, the higher mileage car is 15 minutes from my house, the other one is about 90... :dunno

Hopefully you pick one of them up! If you get the one with Alcantara, I'd gladly give up my black leather :thumbup

JupiterBMW
01-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Hopefully you pick one of them up! If you get the one with Alcantara, I'd gladly give up my black leather :thumbup

That, my friend is a game changer. Will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk