PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this car?

NYRhockey
02-04-2015, 06:17 PM
http://www.stgeorgeautos.com/2004-BMW-3Series/Used-Car/Orlando-FL/5487821/Details.aspx

Don't think they know it's a ZHP and is listed very favorably @ $7.5K w/ 95k on it....however, they will not allow it to go outside of the facility for any inspection, so makes me uneasy. They cite insurance regulations. Also, the interior looks weird, or maybe it's that i haven't seen that color combo before, don't know

Just_George
02-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Doesn't look bad, although pics can make it hard to tell sometimes. Haven't seen the grey interior before, definitely looks different but might be nice in summer (compared to black!) No cold-weather package, you might miss that. I too would be very uneasy about not being able to get an off-site ppi. I'm not buying the insurance excuse either...

danewilson77
02-04-2015, 07:18 PM
http://www.stgeorgeautos.com/2004-BMW-3Series/Used-Car/Orlando-FL/5487821/Details.aspx

....however, they will not allow it to go outside of the facility for any inspection, so makes me uneasy. They cite insurance regulations.

Weird and complete bullshit.

"No flamesuit required"

NoVAphotog
02-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Hmm...SES light is on, not liking the fact that they are being shady about an off-site inspection. They definitely do not realize it's a ZHP though...I'd regard this as a "fixer upper" until further investigation proves otherwise. What does the Carfax report say?

bshovers
02-04-2015, 07:23 PM
I feel like there's an alligator lurking in that forest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredo
02-05-2015, 05:30 AM
Looks really good for the price and miles. However, when dealer doesn't allow a test drive that's a big red flag.

slater
02-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Weird and complete bullshit.

"No flamesuit required"

+1...

Hmm...SES light is on, not liking the fact that they are being shady about an off-site inspection. They definitely do not realize it's a ZHP though...I'd regard this as a "fixer upper" until further investigation proves otherwise. What does the Carfax report say?

definitely should be a considered a 'fixer upper', for sure. interior looks OK, paint missing on rear bumper, etc. i think a good cleaning, some new headlight lenses, etc would go a long way. and of course, investigate the CEL and go over typical 100k-mile service items. you could easily sink $2K into this car and it would be worth everything you had into it, but that's it.

peter

TheFinanceGuy
02-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Actually, I ran into this a couple of times with cars. When I bought my 540 I wasn't allowed to take it off the lot. The car wouldn't pass Maine State inspection, thus they could sell it "as is." Test drives were allowed around the dealer compound (huge place.... I got a 4 miles drive in, with several 0-60 and 60-10 sprints).
However, they were more than happy to allow my tech to come look at it, even willing to throw it on the lift in their shop so we could see.

So- I wouldn't write it off just because they won't allow it off the lot. It could very well be some legal garbage. Could also be the sellers are a full of it.

All in all, it looks pretty clean. Good price too.

NYRhockey
02-05-2015, 06:12 AM
if i was a local buyer i'd be more willing to go through the risk, but being a remote buyer and not having a local mechanic to hire makes me that much more uneasy. But $7.5K for less than 100K miles is so intriguing.

NoVAphotog
02-05-2015, 06:15 AM
if i was a local buyer i'd be more willing to go through the risk, but being a remote buyer and not having a local mechanic to hire makes me that much more uneasy. But $7.5K for less than 100K miles is so intriguing.
I don't think we have any folks in that immediate area...you could try bimmershops.com and see if a shop could send someone out...long shot though.

cakM3
02-05-2015, 09:20 AM
car is no longer listed for sale on their web site...

NYRhockey
02-05-2015, 05:27 PM
car is no longer listed for sale on their web site...

yea, saw that, sold quick...though at the same time i saw the autotrader listing i went to craighslist and found ti there too and it had been listed for 12 days there. Either way it appears to have been a quick sale.