PDA

View Full Version : Red oil light is on after sitting for two weeks??

kelderman295
02-19-2015, 11:12 PM
As the title states, I have had my zhp in the drive for 2-3 weeks while the extreme cold and salty roads blow over (Iowa weather), and I thought to myself, hey I should start it up to make sure the battery is staying charged. Well, it cranks up with no issues first try, but the red oil light comes on, no flicker or flash, solid! Three weeks ago I had no codes no foul running habits, the car hasn't been driven. This would lead me to believe the cold is perhaps screwing with a sensor or it just decided to go bad? The car idled ok (a little noisy but it's 5 degrees and oil is probably molasses) for the ten seconds or so that I let it, didn't dare let it idle longer. Of course even normal valve train noise sounds like nails on a chalkboard when you're diagnosing or worried. The oil level is tip top, no leaks apparent, that I can tell from being in the 5 degree weather. Has anyone else had a scenario like this pop up out of nowhere? I went ahead and ordered a new oil pressure sensor, and will go ahead and change fluids while I'm at it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hermes
02-20-2015, 12:36 AM
It's probably just from the cold