PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i ZHP MT6 w/ 73k miles (Fort Myers, FL) - $9,995

BMWCurves
02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Found on a dealer website via AutoTrader. Imola Red on Black leather interior. No Cold Weather or Premium Packages.

Dealer link: http://www.valwardautos.com/VehicleDetails/used-2004-BMW-330i-Sedan-Fort_Myers-FL/2464966153

AutoTrader link: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=97201&endYear=2005&modelCode1=330I&sortBy=mileageASC&showcaseOwnerId=66358521&startYear=2003&makeCode1=BMW&numRecords=75&maxMileage=100000&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=393735092&Log=0

NYRhockey
02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
damn, i got all excited about this one and then saw the carfax has an accident reported. Could still be worth checking out since $10K for 73k miles is cheap.

madwolfa
02-20-2015, 11:13 AM
damn, i got all excited about this one and then saw the carfax has an accident reported. Could still be worth checking out since $10K for 73k miles is cheap.

Could ask seller about the accident.. Maybe it was minor.

NYRhockey
02-20-2015, 11:20 AM
carfax showed the accident ~30K miles and it was sold a couple months after it, so this dealer is not likely to know but certainly worth asking.

Do we have anyone in Ft Myers that could take a look at this one personally?

Barefoot-ZHP
02-22-2015, 07:50 PM
I'm close

Barefoot-ZHP
02-22-2015, 07:52 PM
I'll check it out tomorrow, got to run errands but it is not too far from me, I need the drive...

fredo
02-22-2015, 08:03 PM
She looks nice ! Keep us posted what you think.

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 06:38 AM
Barefoot, if you could take a look at this car it would be greatly appreciated. I got additional pics from the dealer and this morning i'm putting a deposit on it (waiting for contract to be faxed) but being i'm in CT having someone personally look at it would be terrific. My purchase is pending a PPI so i have that out clause. I was told it has a couple of dings that the body shop will handle.

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 07:22 AM
Please let them know that I am coming, who is doing your PPI? I will be up there after lunch around 1/1:30pm.

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Check your PM...

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 07:38 AM
replied to your PM. thx.

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 09:26 AM
here's my sexy redhead

Just_George
02-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Very nice....welcome to the Imola Mafia! Too bad it doesn't have the cold weather package, but looks great otherwise!

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 10:21 AM
thanks, George. Inspection is on Wed so REALLY hoping it comes through clean. The dealer has been great to work with. To be honest, i really don't think they know it's a ZHP because they have it advertised as Red Metallic and 17in rims.

cakM3
02-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Very nice....welcome to the Imola Mafia!

+1 :thumbsup

thanks, George. Inspection is on Wed so REALLY hoping it comes through clean. The dealer has been great to work with. To be honest, i really don't think they know it's a ZHP because they have it advertised as Red Metallic and 17in rims.

Keep it that way..... their loss is your gain :thumbsup

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Keep it that way..... their loss is your gain :thumbsup

yea, no kidding. I was very surprised to see a zhp w/ 73K for $10K so immediately jumped on it. Got them down a few hundred too.

BMWcurves posted the link on Friday when it was originally posted by the dealer, i called on Saturday and they had already had a few people come look at it.

cakM3
02-23-2015, 11:15 AM
yea, no kidding. I was very surprised to see a zhp w/ 73K for $10K so immediately jumped on it. Got them down a few hundred too.

BMWcurves posted the link on Friday when it was originally posted by the dealer, i called on Saturday and they had already had a few people come look at it.

Only thing you need to find out if you can is the accident history....if minor then you should be good to go. Not too often you see another ZHP at a dealer with low pricing because dealer is unaware of what they actually have.... that's why I said their loss - your gain.

Maybe you can use the accident history to your favor in reducing the price further.......but since there are people who already are looking at it, it puts you at a slight disadvantage if you really want to snag this car.... you got to act quick....

Good Luck...

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 11:21 AM
the car has a reported accident back in '07 when it had approx 30k miles on it. The carfax didn't provide any detail, but it was serviced at a BMW dealership a month after the accident and the notes say it had the door trim panel adjusted and clutch checked. Probably not the cause of the accident but i do want to call them when i have some time and see if it was repaired there and get an idea of the accident.

I then read on the bottom of the carfax that per FL law accident details have to be reported if estimated damage exceeds $500. Without talking to the dealer this makes me think the accident may have been minor (below $500) and that's why there's no details on it.

Florida Damage Reports:
Provide an estimate of the extent of damage in its accident reports for the following:
SEVERE/TOTALED: The vehicle cannot be driven from the accident scene due to severe damage or an injury. This level of damage often results in a Salvage or Junk title.
DISABLED: The vehicle had to be towed or hauled away from the accident location.
FUNCTIONAL: The vehicle could be driven from the accident location.
MODERATE: The accident damage affects the operation of the vehicle and/or its parts. Examples include broken windows, trunk lids, doors, bumpers and tires.
MINOR: The accident damage does not affect the operation of the vehicle. Examples include dented bumpers, fenders, grills and body panels. This level of accident should not compromise vehicle safety.
NO DAMAGE: The vehicle was not damaged.

Are required if the estimated damage exceeds $500

I also got the name of the service agent who'll be performing the inspection, so when i speak with them tomorrow i'll tell her i'm particularly interested in signs of extensive body damage from an accident.

fredo
02-23-2015, 11:37 AM
This ZHP needs to stay in the Family !

NoVAphotog
02-23-2015, 12:36 PM
This ZHP needs to stay in the Family !

+1

Excited to hear results of PPI and your decision!! If the car has a clean title, I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. Bodywork in the pictures looks immaculate color and condition wise, obviously the PPI will shine greater light on this point, but 2007 was a long time ago, definitely more important mechanical aspects to consider for negotiation depending on the PPI. So unless you are trying to flip the car (which I don't think you are...) I say this looks like an AWESOME deal!

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 01:49 PM
thanks, NoVa

So just got a call from the salesman who said he wanted to call me b/c he thought i'd get a kick out of it. He said "good thing you got a deposit on that car because today i had 2 other salesmen come over and tell me they had a buyer for it and asked me to let them know immediately if my deal fell through"

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Check your email, sent my Report and pics.. LOL...

I will hold my report from the board until your PPI goes through or if you chose to post it go ahead...

The board really likes suspense, LOL!!!

Vas
02-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Please post pics at least.

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 02:47 PM
OK, I will post one, the other was of a receipt that I found in the Owners Manual...
The PO has a CT address, NYRHockey is in CT, he was meant to own this car..LOL

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Besides the price, the car was a CPO, which means that Service was probably maintained, low mileage and service... Yeah, he did OK on this one...

ELCID86
02-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Sounds intriguing. Hope it pans out.

brettbimmer
02-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Original purchase date was 2/26...which should be coming up one of these days. Car looks very good!

Vas
02-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Moar pics right meow

fredo
02-23-2015, 05:33 PM
I say this one is a keeper.

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 05:50 PM
many thanks to barefoot who did me the huge favor of looking at the car today.

The address you see on the picture he posted is the address to the local BMW where it was maintained. Once i get the car i will be driving over (its a only a few miles from my work) and see what kind of details i can get. The only other picture barefoot sent is just of a receipt, and i don't have any other pics worth posting.

Summary for barefoot's findings:

* Couple of small dings but dealer will take care of them
* Right rear wheel curbed, better off replacing
* Tires are new/newer with lot of tread left, but rears have 225 size tires instead of 255 so they look stretched
* Engine compartment had been detailed so no evidence of leaks
* Strut towers looked solid, no mushrooming
* The car had ECU/sensors replaced from what appears to have been the 4000 rpm dip, based on the symptoms described in the diagnosis
* New belts, t-stat and hose
* Cowl trim needs replacement

Vas
02-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Man I'm jelly

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 06:09 PM
LOL... No Problems there NYRhockey, I like looking at ZHP's and cars in general....
FWIW, if he backs out I'm next in line LOL... would love to trade my 08 335i with 50k on it for this sedan.
I Wasn't much of a Red Car fan until I saw this sexy beast in person...I'd hit it!!
Here's to hoping for a good PPI for you!!!

NYRhockey
02-23-2015, 06:16 PM
i can't back out of this one because i think my wife will leave me if i put her through all this excitement/anxiety on my end and don't end up getting the car.

Barefoot-ZHP
02-23-2015, 06:21 PM
LOL, understood...
I called mine and told her about it too! LOL, She loved my 06 coupe and asked why I wasn't buying it?!

fredo
02-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Someone in e46f is interested, as well.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1067774

NYRhockey
02-24-2015, 05:00 AM
haha, "some dude on zhp"..geeze, not even "a poster on zhp"

fredo
02-24-2015, 06:05 AM
Dude, where's my car ? ... LOL

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 06:08 AM
car's about to go into the PPI....get a text from the salesman

"well now i see why you're interested in this car...my god, i bring it to BMW and everyone surrounded it asking me do you know what this is"

:happydane

fredo
02-25-2015, 06:53 AM
Haha ... too funny !

cakM3
02-25-2015, 07:08 AM
after reading all of this it makes me happy I have my Imola Red sedan ;)

slater
02-25-2015, 07:34 AM
car's about to go into the PPI....get a text from the salesman

"well now i see why you're interested in this car...my god, i bring it to BMW and everyone surrounded it asking me do you know what this is"

:happydane

to be honest, i am surprised as most folks DON'T know what it is - even at BMW! :)

hope this works out for you, looks like a great price!

peter

GE Geoff
02-25-2015, 08:41 AM
to be honest, i am surprised as most folks DON'T know what it is - even at BMW

I thought it was strange the first time I went to my local Dealership and told them I have a ZHP and they just looked at me like I was from Mars.
But then again.... We're not special. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 09:35 AM
So i call the dealer b/c it's now 12:30 and the inspection was set up for 930am. I get through to the service agent and she said it's just now being looked at, that the appointment times are just for drop off times but that if someone's there waiting for a car they take priority over those that are dropped off.

The waiting is killing me. So hard to concentrate at work.

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Clean PPI! Service agent was complimentary of how clean the car looks inside, outside and underneath. No signs of rust, or any leaks. Tech mentioned that the power steering hose was a bit wet when he checked it but that when he tightened it seemed ok and would not recommend changing it at this time. Brake pads are at 10mm vs. 12mm for new ones. Car is in terrific shape.

fredo
02-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Congrats, man ... exciting news ! :applause2

slater
02-25-2015, 01:09 PM
awesome, enjoy!!

Just_George
02-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Fantastic! So, when's the road trip? :thumbup

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 01:29 PM
thanks, guys. Super excited about it.

Salesman said he had 3 people at BMW approach him about buying it, lol and has a waiting list back at his dealer, including a second deposit in case i back out

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 01:30 PM
and no road trip :( putting the car on a truck and getting it shipped. Need to save the vacation days for the wife who's pregnant so i can be home for as long as possible when she gives birth

BMWCurves
02-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Congrats! Glad everything worked out!

madwolfa
02-25-2015, 04:45 PM
and no road trip :( putting the car on a truck and getting it shipped. Need to save the vacation days for the wife who's pregnant so i can be home for as long as possible when she gives birth

How much is the shipping?

danewilson77
02-25-2015, 05:47 PM
I think shipping typically run about $1k.

"No flamesuit required"

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 06:01 PM
yea, the salesman said between $700-800, which i think is a little light, even with lower gas prices. I'd expect close to $1K

Barefoot-ZHP
02-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Congrats man, you got a good one!! That Fort Myers Dealership really appreciates older BMW's.
Years ago, before I moved back down here, my wife and I were down here on vacation and was driving my 86 M535i. Wife went to run to 7/11 and drove over a parking curb tearing the front bumper spoiler, (they are made together on euro cars). I brought it to Ft Myers BMW and everyone surrounded it, amazed with it. They gave me free use of a lift and a tech came over and helped me secure everything with ZIP ties to make the 1000 miles trip back to NC. They charged me nothing but I did tip them $100. What dealer will give you use of a lift and what Dealer tech works for free?
Congrats again, you did very well!!!

NYRhockey
02-25-2015, 06:41 PM
thanks, barefoot. They did seem like a great group of people to deal with when i spoke with them on the phone. Now just a matter of signing papers and getting the car over here.

330blast
03-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Congrats! What a happy story for the mafia family.

Hope the shipping goes smooth, and sure to post picture once you get it.

NYRhockey
03-03-2015, 05:28 AM
thanks, 330blast. Last Thurs they overnighted me the paperwork which arrived on Friday. I signed everything and sent it back with payment around noon which they received yesterday (Monday). Confirmed with the dealer they got the paperwork/checks but they make you wait 10 business days before shipping the car to make sure there will be no issues with the bank. The agony. I'm dying over here waiting for the car.

brettbimmer
03-03-2015, 06:31 AM
thanks, 330blast. Last Thurs they overnighted me the paperwork which arrived on Friday. I signed everything and sent it back with payment around noon which they received yesterday (Monday). Confirmed with the dealer they got the paperwork/checks but they make you wait 10 business days before shipping the car to make sure there will be no issues with the bank. The agony. I'm dying over here waiting for the car.
Congratulations! I'm surprised that you couldn't send them a bank wire and have your ZHP freed for shipment a lot sooner. Nonetheless, I'm sure she'll be worth the wait.

NYRhockey
03-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Congratulations! I'm surprised that you couldn't send them a bank wire and have your ZHP freed for shipment a lot sooner. Nonetheless, I'm sure she'll be worth the wait.

Yea i told them they could just put it on my credit card if it'd speed up the process, but when calling my credit union they offered me 1.79% financing so i couldn't say no to that and ended up financing a portion of the purchase price. This meant they'd be getting a check no matter what so i'd have to wait the full 10 days even if i wired the money for the portion i'm paying out of pocket.

brettbimmer
03-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Ah, that totally makes sense. Well, we'll all be waiting in anticipation with you and look forward to some photos once you have her!