PDA

View Full Version : * * * 2006 BMW Competition Package M3 Interlagos Blue - Not Mine * * * $25,991

cakM3
02-24-2015, 06:00 AM
2006 BMW M3 Competition Manual Coupe with only 44,000 Miles. Interlagos Blue Metallic over M Texture Alcantara/Leather Interior with Aluminum Trim. Ultra Rare Color, Options and Miles! Options Include: Manual Transmission with Competition Package, Navigation, Harman Kardon Premium Sound System, Xenon lights, Slick Roof, and Much more. This is a 2 Owner car, but both owners were in the same family, making it basically a 1 owner/family car. Adult Owned with a Clean Accident Free CarFAX History Report. Garage kept so the Exterior paint is bright and the Interior is near flawless. Both Original Keys, Complete Owners Manuals, and Original Buyer order is included. Original MSRP was $58,245. This car has an extensive service history and was frequently serviced. In addition all recalls are up to date including the recent Takata Airbag recall. Don t miss this opportunity to own this car, there will never be another one like it with these miles. This car will sell quickly, so please call today and set up an appointment. An extended Warranty is available, just ask when you call. A Sonic Automotive Dealership PLEASE CALL US TO MAKE SURE THE VEHICLE IS AVAILABLE FOR YOU. AT BMW OF FAIRFAX, WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT OUR WELL RESEARCHED "TRUE PRICE" LISTED ON EACH OF OUR NEW AND PRE-OWNED CARS IS ALREADY AT OR BELOW THE MARKET. WE BASE THIS ON ACTUAL TRANSACTION PRICES ON IDENTICALLY EQUIPPED VEHICLES AS THE ONE YOU HAVE CHOSEN. SET YOUR VIP APPT 866-707-5712

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/629755426/photo/

For those on the fence, this is a very rare competition package ///M!!! Just wanted to bring this car to everyone's attention. Car is located at BMW of Fairfax, VA. Hope someone here gets this awesome car!!! :thumbsup

danewilson77
02-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Gone?

The friendliest forum on the planet.

UdubBadger
02-24-2015, 12:12 PM
that was fast

Vas
02-24-2015, 01:15 PM
EAG I bet

cakM3
02-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Not surprised to see this car gone already.....

If EAG got this car then you can bet they will charge over $30k for this.....

GE Geoff
02-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Not surprised to see this car gone already.....

If EAG got this car then you can bet they will charge over $30k for this.....

So disappointing... :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
02-24-2015, 03:27 PM
I just wanted to read the ad :shifty

"No flamesuit required"

NoVAphotog
02-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Wow. At BMW of Fairfax too... :(

cakM3
02-24-2015, 03:39 PM
I copied the ad and posted in my original post for everyone to read. :thumbsup I had a feeling that this car would go real quick....

NoVAphotog
02-24-2015, 03:49 PM
I copied the ad and posted in my original post for everyone to read. :thumbsup I had a feeling that this car would go real quick....

I just wanted to see pictures...that is like my dream M3. Interlagos Blue...Comp package...6MT...the slicktop and extras are cherries on top. I had to call and ask them about the potential buyer (basically seeing if it was EAG). She said it was an individual from the West Coast. I told them about EAG...they were surprised they can get away with some of the pricing. Asked me if I wanted to be on the 11 person long wait list to purchase if the deal falls through lol.

:crying

cakM3
02-24-2015, 04:15 PM
it is a rare competition package ///M Dan. whoever gets this will be very lucky....if I knew you were interested I would have texted you this morning when I found out about it...

KevinC
02-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Surprises me that a BMW dealership could underprice this car by such a large margin (reality: it should have listed well north of $30k IMHO). Some used car manager should be looking for work. Book values on these are probably much lower than market reality (haven't looked anytime recently). Stealership used car people should know this, or figure it out. Before the thing flies off the lot.

illirep
02-24-2015, 08:05 PM
This will show up on EAG's site in a couple days for $40k. So disappointing.

GE Geoff
02-25-2015, 05:31 AM
Asked me if I wanted to be on the 11 person long wait list to purchase if the deal falls through lol.

:crying

11 Person Long wait list??? Jeebus!

quikryptonite
02-25-2015, 09:52 AM
That is my dream car... one day and I can't even see the ad? Crazy!

NoVAphotog
02-25-2015, 10:54 AM
That is my dream car... one day and I can't even see the ad? Crazy!
Apparently not the only ones having that same dream...

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Was the no cruise control option carried through the end of the competition package run? Not in the market, just curious.

az3579
02-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Was the no cruise control option carried through the end of the competition package run? Not in the market, just curious.

No cruise on all Competition Package E46 M3's. The button serves the purpose of enabling/disabling M Track Mode.

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 12:48 PM
No cruise on all Competition Package E46 M3's. The button serves the purpose of enabling/disabling M Track Mode.

Thanks buddy, that's what I thought. Cannot believe it wasn't available, even if the switch was somewhere else. Kinda bizarre. Nonetheless, thanks for the clarification!

NoVAphotog
02-25-2015, 01:05 PM
Thanks buddy, that's what I thought. Cannot believe it wasn't available, even if the switch was somewhere else. Kinda bizarre. Nonetheless, thanks for the clarification!

The Competition Package was as close as DOT would let the North American version of the CSL be. The CSL is basically the ultimate E46 track/race inspired ///M. The buyer's of the M3 CSL paid BMW more money for less (no radio, no A/C, no cruise, etc) in the vein of it being lighter and built for one purpose: performance. No roadtrips...

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 01:08 PM
The Competition Package was basically the North American version of the CSL which is basically the ultimate E46 track/race inspired ///M. The buyer's of the M3 CSL paid BMW more money for less (no radio, no A/C, no cruise, etc) in the vein of it being lighter and built for one purpose: performance. No roadtrips...
Thanks man. That sounds like E36 M3 Lightweight guise. I thought that they had AC and radio in E46 M Comp. P, just no cruise.

NoVAphotog
02-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Thanks man. That sounds like E36 M3 Lightweight guise. I thought that they had AC and radio in E46 M Comp. P, just no cruise.
Yeah, the M Comp was "as close as US DOT* would allow" The CSL model in Europe was stripped.

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Yeah, the M Comp was "as close as US DOT* would allow" The CSL model in Europe was stripped.

You got my curiosity going bud and in digging a bit further I cannot find anything that says that air conditioning and radio were not included with the Competition Pkg in the USA. Not like it's a crisis, just have not seen them "missing" from most Comp. pkg E46 M3s out there. All of the ZCP cars over at EAG have either regular stereos or navigation. Perhaps both were no cost options that most owners opted for in the USA. Maybe one of our resident M historians can weigh in on this one. I do know that you are correct with the E36 M3 LTW - no radio, air, etc. Again, just trying to clarify for anyone questioning the options and equipment.

Here's what I have found from BMW M Registry.com:
What is the E46 M3 Competition Package?
The Competition Package, known by the internal designation "ZCP", was introduced in December of 2004 as an option for the E46 M3 coupe. It consisted of the following equipment (most of which is derived from that of the limited-production M3 CSL):
-Cross-drilled brake rotors (enlarged to 13.7 inches in front) with two-piece compound rotors (aluminum hat and outer portion connected by steel pins)
-Steering ratio reduced to 14.5:1
-M Track Mode setting for Dynamic Stability Control (raises—but does not eliminate—the threshold at which the DSC intervenes)
-19-inch cross-spoke alloy wheels (8x19-inch front, 9.5x19-inch rear)
-Alcantara-wrapped M three-spoke steering wheel with M Track Mode activation button (audio and cruise control buttons deleted)
-Specific aluminum interior trim with milled effect
-Exclusive Interlagos Blue metallic (A30) paint option

NoVAphotog
02-25-2015, 03:04 PM
You got my curiosity going bud and in digging a bit further I cannot find anything that says that air conditioning and radio were not included with the Competition Pkg in the USA. Not like it's a crisis, just have not seen them "missing" from most Comp. pkg E46 M3s out there. EAG even has one for sale right now with navigation. Perhaps both were no cost options that most owners opted for in the USA. Maybe one of our resident M historians can weigh in on this one. I do know that you are correct with the E36 M3 LTW - no radio, air, etc. Again, just trying to clarify for anyone questioning the options and equipment.

Here's what I have found from BMW M Registry.com:
What is the E46 M3 Competition Package?
The Competition Package, known by the internal designation "ZCP", was introduced in December of 2004 as an option for the E46 M3 coupe. It consisted of the following equipment (most of which is derived from that of the limited-production M3 CSL):
-Cross-drilled brake rotors (enlarged to 13.7 inches in front) with two-piece compound rotors (aluminum hat and outer portion connected by steel pins)
-Steering ratio reduced to 14.5:1
-M Track Mode setting for Dynamic Stability Control (raises—but does not eliminate—the threshold at which the DSC intervenes)
-19-inch cross-spoke alloy wheels (8x19-inch front, 9.5x19-inch rear)
-Alcantara-wrapped M three-spoke steering wheel with M Track Mode activation button (audio and cruise control buttons deleted)
-Specific aluminum interior trim with milled effect
-Exclusive Interlagos Blue metallic (A30) paint option

Brett, I apologize for the confusion. I meant to say that the M Comp has all those things because it was basically a significantly watered down version of the stripped M3 CSL Edition sold in limited quantities in Europe:

"The BMW M3 CSL (Coupe Sport Leichtbau)[25] was a limited edition version of the M3, with only 1,400 cars being produced for its 2004 model year run.[26] The CSL was never released into the North American market,[27] and was only available in two colours – Silver Grey Metallic and Black Sapphire Metallic.[28]
As its name suggests, an emphasis was put on reducing weight. The M3 CSL has a curb weight of 1,385 kg (3,053 lb), 110 kg (240 lb) lighter than the regular M3.[29][30][31] The CSL features many weight saving technologies taken from BMW's Formula One racing applications.[32] A large proportion of the M3's sound insulation has been removed, along with electric seats and navigation systems.[27] Air conditioning and stereo systems could be retrofitted free of cost, but were not available standard."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3jVhsI26O4

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Brett, I apologize for the confusion. I meant to say that the M Comp has all those things because it was basically a significantly watered down version of the stripped M3 CSL Edition sold in limited quantities in Europe:

"The BMW M3 CSL (Coupe Sport Leichtbau)[25] was a limited edition version of the M3, with only 1,400 cars being produced for its 2004 model year run.[26] The CSL was never released into the North American market,[27] and was only available in two colours – Silver Grey Metallic and Black Sapphire Metallic.[28]
As its name suggests, an emphasis was put on reducing weight. The M3 CSL has a curb weight of 1,385 kg (3,053 lb), 110 kg (240 lb) lighter than the regular M3.[29][30][31] The CSL features many weight saving technologies taken from BMW's Formula One racing applications.[32] A large proportion of the M3's sound insulation has been removed, along with electric seats and navigation systems.[27] Air conditioning and stereo systems could be retrofitted free of cost, but were not available standard."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3jVhsI26O4
Ah ok! It all makes sense now. The Roundels and M stripes are once again aligned, lol. I know I'm getting senile but thought I was losing it completely.

NoVAphotog
02-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Ah ok! It all makes sense now. The Roundels and M stripes are once again aligned, lol. I know I'm getting senile but thought I was losing it completely.

:rofl

cakM3
02-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Yes, the Competition package ///M is the best you can get in this country unfortunately. There are many things that can be changed out on the ///M to make it better than the CSL but it will cost you more money to do so. People on the most part aren't crazy enough to make this happen so they will either get the "standard" ///M or "ZCP" ///M and be happy with that.

Then there are others who will "build" their own CSL such as M3Dragon "Adam" who have done just that. Adam has a very impressive M3 build and have replicated a lot of what went into the CSL under the hood. Impressive work I must say. I myself, am striving to do much more by adding boost eventually to my ///M. There are other components I plan to add but then that will cost a lot of money....yes, I admit I'm not a regular BMW owner but I'm sure most of you here already know that... ;)

This ///M that the thread is all about however, is a very special ///M in it's own right. This is why I posted this thread hopefully so that someone here would have been given a chance to snag this beautiful car! I have a feeling that no one here got that chance unfortunately and that some very lucky guy (I think in California) will be getting this rare beast....

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Thank you Charlie. Appreciate the clarification and M support! Didn't mean to threadjack here with my original question!

UdubBadger
02-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Can always BUILD one better than the original ;)

GoingHAM mobile

GE Geoff
02-26-2015, 03:40 AM

GoingHAM mobile

This is the end game for THIS guy.... After Her is restored to proper order.
A Silbergrau M3 with Cruise and faster than a ZCP= Nirvana. :)

cakM3
02-26-2015, 04:22 AM
Thank you Charlie. Appreciate the clarification and M support! Didn't mean to threadjack here with my original question!

Brett, I encourage this type of discussion. I enjoyed reading the dialogue between you and Dan. I just had to contribute my two cents' worth, that's all :) It's all good! :thumbsup

GoingHAM mobile

That's my intention Seth :thumbsup There are a few who have seen, and in some cases driven, my ///M in person....they can attest to the quality of build I'm putting into mine ;)

TigerTater
02-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Loved the video![emoji106][emoji106]