PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i ZHP MT6 w/ 159k miles (Raleigh, NC) - $5,000

BMWCurves
03-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Found on Craigslist. Black on Black leather interior. Cold Weather Package, can't tell if it has the Premium Package.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4915921936.html

Additional photo gallery: http://imgur.com/a/m5KHZ

slater
03-04-2015, 11:54 AM
not sure what the deal is but perhaps some mushrooming in the RF strut tower? $5K could be right on the money depending on how much damage there is.

peter

Hornung418
03-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Owner should contact the county or state gov't to pay the repair bills.

Vas
03-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Hmm this is interesting.

GE Geoff
03-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Dang, posting is gone. What was the story with this one?

iPhone 5/meat hook hands/Tapatalk

brettbimmer
03-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Dang, posting is gone. What was the story with this one?

iPhone 5/meat hook hands/Tapatalk
Apparently major suspension damage from a road crater, including some mushrooming on the top of the shock tower. Also a couple of really bent/damaged wheels as I recall.

NYRhockey
03-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Apparently major suspension damage from a road crater, including some mushrooming on the top of the shock tower. Also a couple of really bent/damaged wheels as I recall.

how bad/expensive is it to repair? or is this basically the kiss of death to a E46?

brettbimmer
03-09-2015, 07:03 PM
how bad/expensive is it to repair? or is this basically the kiss of death to a E46?

Hmmm...not sure I am the best person to ask on that question. Obviously the broken parts are relatively easy to replace, but cost to properly fix the tower damage I'm not sure. Perhaps Dario or one of our other members would be better versed at giving you a good estimate having more familiarity with front end reconstruction then I.

GE Geoff
03-09-2015, 08:34 PM

Hmmm, nothing I would be afraid, but the car is sold now I guess.

drummr8
03-10-2015, 03:31 PM

I've seen the mushrooming "repaired" by just hammering it out after removing the struts and strut mounts. I would probably just do that and then buy the reinforcement plates and not worry about it.

danewilson77
03-10-2015, 03:44 PM
I've seen the mushrooming "repaired" by just hammering it out after removing the struts and strut mounts. I would probably just do that and then buy the reinforcement plates and not worry about it.

This and an FSB effectively sandwich and strengthen this area.

The friendliest forum on the planet.

NYRhockey
03-10-2015, 04:12 PM

Gotcha. When my zhp arrives in a week or so the reinforcement plates is one of the things i'll be doing as preventive so i don't have to worry about this type of issue in the future. With the rough winters in the north east there's plenty a pot hole in the spring.

BMWCurves
03-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Gotcha. When my zhp arrives in a week or so the reinforcement plates is one of the things i'll be doing as preventive so i don't have to worry about this type of issue in the future. With the rough winters in the north east there's plenty a pot hole in the spring.

I used to live in Philly. This is the story of my time there.