PDA

View Full Version : Success! DSC off with one touch

rkneeshaw
04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
This may be old news, but its new news to me!

Finally, I can turn off DSC without having to hold the button for like 3-5 seconds.

M3 owners, apparently, have always been able to do this.

But ZHP owners have to press the DSC button once to partially disable DSC, and if you really want DSC fully off so you can have fun-time you have to hold the DSC button for like 3-5 seconds.

Very annoying to me.

So you can change this by recoding your DSC module, known as the MK60 module. I stumbled across this when I saw the thread for enabling m-track mode in our ZHPs by derbo and the thread for recoding the MK60 for a real LSD by wertyu78.

You have to use NCS Expert to adjust the TRAKTIONDIFFERENZREGELUNG setting to nicht_aktiv. Doing so basically eliminates that "middle stage". So one quick DSC button press completely turns off DSC for smokey tire goodness.

Shwing!

Many thanks to wertyu78 and derbo for their contributions!

Oli77
04-11-2015, 04:49 AM
That's cool beans. If I only had 3 liters and bolder tires....

With my 2.5 liter and new pilot superstores, I can't even burn rubber in the rain!

terraphantm
04-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Funny, most M3 owners end up essentially doing the opposite when they enable the m-track mode. Grass is always greener I guess

derbo
04-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Funny, most M3 owners end up essentially doing the opposite when they enable the m-track mode. Grass is always greener I guess

Same with the armrest delete fiasco.. lol

CarbonZHP
04-14-2015, 07:12 AM
Again, I want to do this but the stupid NCS cord I bought only works intermittently. Light on the cord only stays lit for about 30 seconds after its plugged in

terraphantm
04-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Again, I want to do this but the stupid NCS cord I bought only works intermittently. Light on the cord only stays lit for about 30 seconds after its plugged in

That's normal

derbo
04-14-2015, 11:14 AM
That's normal
X2

sent from my phone

CarbonZHP
04-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Well after the light goes out i stop getting a response from the cable

CarbonZHP
04-14-2015, 06:17 PM
My cord says K+DCAN and soldering pins 7-8 (I believe) did nothing

wertyu78
05-14-2015, 07:39 AM
My cord says K+DCAN and soldering pins 7-8 (I believe) did nothing

Port set to Com1?

wertyu78
05-14-2015, 07:40 AM
This may be old news, but its new news to me!

Finally, I can turn off DSC without having to hold the button for like 3-5 seconds.

M3 owners, apparently, have always been able to do this.

But ZHP owners have to press the DSC button once to partially disable DSC, and if you really want DSC fully off so you can have fun-time you have to hold the DSC button for like 3-5 seconds.

Very annoying to me.

So you can change this by recoding your DSC module, known as the MK60 module. I stumbled across this when I saw the thread for enabling m-track mode in our ZHPs by derbo and the thread for recoding the MK60 for a real LSD by wertyu78.

You have to use NCS Expert to adjust the TRAKTIONDIFFERENZREGELUNG setting to nicht_aktiv. Doing so basically eliminates that "middle stage". So one quick DSC button press completely turns off DSC for smokey tire goodness.

Shwing!

Many thanks to wertyu78 and derbo for their contributions!

No prob. Derb and I should start playing with these modules again... .it's a lot of fun. Enjoy the one-touch DSC off!

CarbonZHP
02-26-2016, 06:39 AM
Port set to Com1?

Almost a year later, I finally did what you said, but on my own stupidly. Crap gets complicated when running XP virtually on Mac. Well its working now. Just need to find out how to code for a manual swap