PDA

View Full Version : Intake Throttle removal

ravenclaw
04-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi Folks
I have been trying to replace my PCV valve in my garage. I am not able to wiggle the Throttle body out. It is loose and it seems to be attached to the wiring harness box that is located below the throttle body. Have any of you guys dealt with this issue??. How do i get the throttle body removed so that I can complete my DIY within tomorrow. Thanks in advance. Hoping to get some inputs.

johnrando
04-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Hmmmm, trying to recall. I think you just have to keep pulling, wiggling. It's tight but it eventually comes out. Someone please confirm. The wire in harness should not be an issue.

Sent from mobile

ELCID86
04-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Do you have the ICV out? There is a bracket in front of it. Should be a DIY here or online.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

WOLFN8TR
04-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Remove the DISA, ICV and there is an electrical plug going into the Throttle Body. If I remember right when we did John's it fought us also but I can't remember exactly what was the issue. Here some photos I took when we did it. The ICV needs to be removed first to get the throttle body out.

First pic shows the ICV plug and the second and third shows the Throttle body plug.

johnrando
04-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Yup, just remove all the stuff in front, undo the bolts, and wiggle it out. I don't recall either but I know at first there was a lower bolt that wasn't immediately obvious, but eventually it came to just working it back and forth to get it out.