View Full Version : SES LIGHT ON PEAKE CODE 2761 SECONDARY AIR

Dtownwolfpack
05-14-2015, 08:30 PM
I need help, i have a 2004 and the sea light came on about a month ago. I checked the code with a Peake scanner and it returns a 2761 error code. All it says is that it's the secondary air system. Back in August of 2014, the ses came on and had it scanned and it was the 2ndary air as well. Was told by the mechanic that it was the either the check valve or the secondary air pump, needless to say, i went and changed the cheaper of the 2 (check valve) and the ses code went away. Unfortunately, 3 weeks ago, the ses came on and i bought a peake scanner. 2761 error. I replaced the 2ndary air maf sensor and the tube from the pump to the check valve as well, still have the same error. Clear it with the peake scanner, after 2 starts, it comes back on. Does this mean i have to replace the 2ndary air pump? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Dtownwolfpack

holyc0w
12-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Did anybody else have issues with this?

I had this code come up today after a few cold days. I cleared it for now. I think I had this code last year as well once it got cold. The mechanic tested the pump and replaced the valve and hose (part # 11727553066 and 11727555681). It didn't come back on until today, but last year's winter was bit mild. It will probably go away when it gets warmer, but I'm hoping it doesn't screw with the pump since that is a bit costly.

Karl Lazlo
12-17-2016, 05:50 AM
I don't even bother with it. Been getting the same code for almost 2 years on my 03. I clear it, drive 50 miles and take it to emissions for testing. Pass, rinse, repeat.

Good TShooting guide at bavauto: http://www.bavauto.com/newsletter/2008_n408_newsletter.pdf#page=6