PDA

View Full Version : New Member in Northern Virginia

d233
05-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's David, I'm 19 and from northern VA attending college in California. When deciding on what I wanted to buy for my first car, I went through a lot of potential vehicles, but ended up settling on a ZHP. I've been lurking the forums and classifieds for about a year now and finally had the opportunity to actually purchase one, a 2005 Silver Grey / Black leather 6MT sedan from a dealer in Baltimore. I have just put the deposit on the car and won't have it for another week at least, but here are some preliminary poor-quality phone pics. The car is a bit banged up on the exterior, the splitter is severely scratched and there's a couple minor dents/scratches here and there. However, it was an excellent price on a low mileage (70k) car so I decided to go for it. Hope to get to know you all better and be a part of this great community.

Thanks,
David

johnrando
05-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Welcome! GL with your new ride.

Sent from mobile

fredo
05-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome, David. Congrats on your first car ! Will you have her shipped ?

danewilson77
05-22-2015, 01:59 PM
David, welcome. Plans?

d233
05-22-2015, 02:10 PM
@fredo - I'm coming back to VA where the car is for the summer, and going to drive it back all the way to California in a week-long road trip.

As far as my plans for the car go, I want to restore it cosmetically - do some PDR where necessary, refinish the rims or just get new ones, and perhaps clear Euro lights all around. I want to get a new Coby wheel as well.

Also going to do some preventative maintenance before my trip - possibly replace the cooling system, replace VANOS seals, etc.

Performance wise, I might do some basic bolt-ons - performance intake, exhaust, possibly new headers.

NoVAphotog
05-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's David, I'm 19 and from northern VA attending college in California. When deciding on what I wanted to buy for my first car, I went through a lot of potential vehicles, but ended up settling on a ZHP. I've been lurking the forums and classifieds for about a year now and finally had the opportunity to actually purchase one, a 2005 Silver Grey / Black leather 6MT sedan from a dealer in Baltimore. I have just put the deposit on the car and won't have it for another week at least, but here are some preliminary poor-quality phone pics. The car is a bit banged up on the exterior, the splitter is severely scratched and there's a couple minor dents/scratches here and there. However, it was an excellent price on a low mileage (70k) car so I decided to go for it. Hope to get to know you all better and be a part of this great community.

Thanks,
David

Congrats David and welcome!!

Where are you from in NoVA? I'm from Vienna and live in Reston now.

Let me know when you are back and if you want to meet up. We can work on the cosmetic (I have detailing supplies and equipment) and preventative maintenance items.

:thumbsup

Sent from an HTC One

ELCID86
05-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Welcome from Stafford, VA.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

johnrando
05-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Where you going to in CA? But your going to drive it back to VA where you live after that?

OHBadger
05-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Congrats David. Hard to top your choice as a first car. Enjoy!

BMWCurves
05-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Congrats! I did a road trip across the country in about 10 days last year via the south, it was very cool.

d233
05-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Where you going to in CA? But your going to drive it back to VA where you live after that?
I go to school at Cal Poly SLO. Not sure if I will come home in it next year, I might stay over next summer as well so we will have to see.

d233
05-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Congrats David and welcome!!

Where are you from in NoVA? I'm from Vienna and live in Reston now.

Let me know when you are back and if you want to meet up. We can work on the cosmetic (I have detailing supplies and equipment) and preventative maintenance items.

:thumbsup

Sent from an HTC One
I live in Oakton. I'm coming back in a couple weeks, I would definitely be down to get some help with the car. I'll let you know when I come back

johnrando
05-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Ah, gotcha. Great school, town.

brettbimmer
05-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Welcome and congrats on finally finding a ZHP!

Oli77
05-23-2015, 04:53 AM
Welcome. Enjoy.

ELCID86
05-23-2015, 06:09 AM
I live in Oakton. I'm coming back in a couple weeks, I would definitely be down to get some help with the car. I'll let you know when I come back

Please let us know. BTW, My son just graduated from college and is looking to move to the Oakton, Centerville, etc. area.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.