PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have their ZHP's window sticker?

ecrabb
06-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Hopefully I didn't just miss it, but I did a little searching and I've only seen a couple on the interwebz. Only one seemed to be posted here. I thought it would be fun to find out how many happened to get one with their ZHP, and see/share copies. I may also have an ulterior motive. :ninja

Thanks!

Cheers,
SC

wsmeyer
06-08-2015, 01:48 PM
We have a thread somewhere. They're called Monroney stickers

ecrabb
06-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Thanks!

Here's a link to the thread you mentioned in case anybody runs into my thread with searching for "window":
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10087-Show-Us-Your-Monroney-Sticker(s)&highlight=Monroney

I'm in my mid-40's and I've never once heard anybody call a window sticker a "Monroney sticker". Ever. My dad has been buying and selling cars since I was still in diapers, and I've been around them my whole life, so I even know the term, but nobody I know has ever uttered the term in any context. A similar sentiment was expressed in the aforementioned thread.

What's weird is I searched for "window sticker" and I don't think that thread showed up.

Thanks!

SC

wsmeyer
06-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Lol

Glad you found it. I searched with Tapatalk on my phone but it didn't show up and knew I remembered one.

Just_George
06-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Never heard that term either....

I do have the window sticker/Monroney thing for my car - previous owner was pretty good about keeping things like that! Can post and/or help if needed with your 'ulterior motive'!

squashman702
06-08-2015, 02:33 PM
I've got mine, PO had it with his records.

ecrabb
06-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Thanks for chiming in, guys!

What I'm thinking about doing is a very high-quality reproduction. There are a few websites that do it for older big-three manufacturers' cars, but nothing for late-model or foreign cars. I'm in marketing and communication now, but I started my career in design and graphic arts over 20 years ago, so I know the process well.

It'll be a ton of work and by the time I'm done, if I put any value at all on my time, I'll have made myself a $1000 window sticker... ;) But, it would just be so cool to have.

The problem is, I doubt anybody is going to want to part with their window sticker even just to FedEx it to me for a few days so I can scan it in high-res and send it back... Which is totally understandable.

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers,
SC

BMWCurves
06-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I'd definitely be willing to ship you mine if you'll cover shipping both ways. I should note that mine is for a coupe, not the sedan, and that I do not have any additional packages (Cold Weather, Premium) in the options listing, but if you're just using it for layout I doubt that should be a problem.

ecrabb
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Hi William - Thanks for offering! I would absolutely cover shipping both ways. No problem with no options... In fact, the fewer options, the better for this application, because it's less background obscured that I have to retouch. Is it in good shape in terms of folds, stains, wrinkles and such? (I'll have to retouch any that stuff, too.) Once I have the base image created and styles all figured, I can use anything I can scrounge online to nail down the precise content for vert, options, etc.

Thanks!

SC

BMWCurves
06-08-2015, 04:17 PM
It's in great shape (see pics). Only downside is that it was folded into quarters by the previous owner and I have kept it stored that way, so you'll have to touch that up.

Unfolded:
http://i.imgur.com/7LWTGJw.jpg

Folded:
http://i.imgur.com/BifTUsJ.jpg?1

KevinC
06-08-2015, 04:29 PM
I'd love to have one for my Z4MC too.. when I bought the sucker, they only gave me a photocopy, the rat bastards.

ecrabb
06-08-2015, 09:23 PM
It's in great shape (see pics). Only downside is that it was folded into quarters by the previous owner and I have kept it stored that way, so you'll have to touch that up.

Outstanding! That looks nice and clean! I'd love to borrow it for a week. I'll PM you.

SC

ecrabb
06-08-2015, 09:35 PM
I'd love to have one for my Z4MC too.. when I bought the sucker, they only gave me a photocopy, the rat bastards.
Hey, at least you have a photocopy! More than what I have, but then I didn't buy a spanky new car.

I'd love to be able to do this for everybody. I'll see how the process goes... Maybe once I build it, I can automate some of it somehow.

That Z4 coupe is a gorgeous car!

SC

JB3
06-09-2015, 03:22 AM
There are some unknowns here for reproduction purposes.
Sold to:
Type of Delivery:
Ship to: (can be obtained by DCS)
Carrier:
Point of Entry:
VPC Location?:

Also, aren't there standard features or options that are different/standard on Ci that are/are not found on sedans? Seems like you would also want to look at a sedan sticker, preferably from the east coast as I know the port of entry is different. I'm not sure how many there are.

Good luck in your efforts!

az3579
06-09-2015, 03:53 AM
Let me know if you want one that has the Cold Weather Package as well. I have this on mine.

What would be ideal is if someone sent theirs that is fully loaded with navigation, PDC, maybe sun roller blind in the rear, premium package, cold weather, Xenons, and performance, etc.

Hey, at least you have a photocopy! More than what I have, but then I didn't buy a spanky new car.

I'd love to be able to do this for everybody. I'll see how the process goes... Maybe once I build it, I can automate some of it somehow.

That Z4 coupe is a gorgeous car!

SC

BMWCurves
06-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Hey SC, do you still want me to ship you my window sticker? If so, shoot me a PM.

brettbimmer
06-14-2015, 04:05 PM
Gents, I seem to remember that you could special order these from BMW Mobile Tradition (before BMW Classic) for older Bimmers. Not sure they still offer this or if our ZHPs are old enough, but may be worth investigating further with them or BMW NA as it could save a lot of work.

cakM3
06-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Gents, I seem to remember that you could special order these from BMW Mobile Tradition (before BMW Classic) for older Bimmers. Not sure they still offer this or if our ZHPs are old enough, but may be worth investigating further with them or BMW NA as it could save a lot of work.

Very nice Brett! :thumbsup This is something I would love to have for both of my cars :)

ecrabb
06-14-2015, 09:13 PM

I stumbled across a reference to that in another thread on the subject, and if I recall correctly, somebody made reference to the fact that nothing was available for E46's because they were too new, as you alluded. That thread could be four or five years old now though, so certainly availability could have changed.

SC

ecrabb
06-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Hey SC, do you still want me to ship you my window sticker? If so, shoot me a PM.

Hang tight. Let me see if we can run this BMW Mobile Tradition option out, and if I come up empty, I'll definitely reach out and take you up on your offer!

Cheers,
SC

ecrabb
06-18-2015, 11:18 PM
OK, so I found a thread on another site that made reference to the fact that the window stickers, being US-specific, are actually produced for the cars at the Vehicle Distribution Center. It suggested calling BMW NA to get a window sticker, so I did. No dice. They suggested calling the original dealer. I did, and while the sales guy was very nice about it, he was dumbfounded that BMW NA had told me to call them. He said all he could do is print and email me a build sheet, which he did, which I thought was very cool and I took him up on it.

I thought "build sheet" was going to be nothing more than what you can find on the internet, but it was kind of interesting. Looking at the print, the tool he used was dealerspeed.net, which must be some sort of intranet for BMW NA. Anyway, it was kind of interesting because unlike the VIN decoders online, this one shows wholesale and MSRP for the base model, the options, and the total. It also showed my car was a "Priority 1" car (meaning it was sold to a customer), and it even had the original customer's name on it, which the salesman apparently forgot to redact on the copy*he sent.

Interestingly, it looks like my car really only has four additional-cost options:

354 Titanium Silver Metallic - $475
ZHP Performance Package - $3,600
494 Heated Front Seats - $500
609 Nav - $1,800

So, especially if you don't have a window sticker, you might be interested in calling the original dealer and asking nicely for a build sheet.

I'll try the BMW Mobile Tradition route, but I read somewhere that our cars were too new for that route, and of course too old for the dealer or BMW NA to be able to help.

Probably back to borrowing William's sticker and creating something from scratch.

Cheers,
SC

BMWCurves
06-19-2015, 07:52 AM
Interesting. I guess it makes sense that dealerships would have records of the cars they sold.

On another note, looking back at the Monroney Stickers (window stickers) thread (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10087-Show-Us-Your-Monroney-Sticker(s)) that it seems the backgrounds for the stickers changed beginning in model year 2005, from an open road in grassy hills to a road in a forest (see below for examples). There might be other parameters for what the specific background is. I can't remember what year your car is, but something to consider. Mine, as you saw, was the forest version.

2004 330Cic:

2006 330Cic:

ecrabb
06-19-2015, 08:34 AM
You are correct, sir. I remember seeing those two different backgrounds, and hadn't gotten as far as decoding whether it was a model year thing, a model thing, or something else. I'll have to decode that before I do anything, though. Good call.

More researchin'!

Thanks, William!

SC

brettbimmer
06-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Seems odd that BMW NA was unable to help you with this. That said, perhaps BMW Classic (formerly Mobile Tradition) can do something. There's bound to be a way to get one from BMW somehow.

John in VA
01-15-2018, 04:06 PM
The BMW Classic "birth certificate" that you can get for older cars only has the VIN, date of production/delivery & interior/exterior colors, for 75 Euros. I've never seen the 2-page version. Scroll 3/4 of the way down at https://www.bmwgroup-classic.com/en/download-centre.html

From the site:
Only if the provenance of your classic is impeccably documented can its value be assessed. That’s where the BMW Classic Vehicle Certificate comes in. With this certificate you can have the production and delivery data of your BMW classic or recent classic (aged 20 years or over) confirmed in writing. As well as this one-page certificate, the BMW Group Archive offers a two-page version which additionally lists all the technical specifications of your vehicle (100 Euros). Both certificates will be printed on 130 g paper with engraved hologram and protected by a high-quality certificate folder with glossy printing and embossing.

danewilson77
01-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Yes please. I take one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dpark
01-16-2018, 06:32 PM
I've got both of my window stickers. Both E46. One ZHP, one not.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/7739c3344f406f51d06130bc0b61d824.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/69f53e49d791f71e8787a3af26e997c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daddyoh
01-17-2018, 08:53 PM
For what it's worth, I don't have my window sticker.
So in an insurance claim for my ZHP I provided copies of some of the pics of the stickers here, and they adjusted my settlement for the Performance Package item:
$322 for the $3,900 option.
Oh well, better than ZERO.
Steve

danewilson77
01-19-2018, 08:18 PM
For what it's worth, I don't have my window sticker.
So in an insurance claim for my ZHP I provided copies of some of the pics of the stickers here, and they adjusted my settlement for the Performance Package item:
$322 for the $3,900 option.
Oh well, better than ZERO.
SteveDamn. That's rough

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reasoned1
01-21-2018, 04:17 AM
Here's mine...

Performance Package - $3,900

Black Leather - $1,450

Glass Moonroof - $1,050

Xenon Headlights - $700

Sans winter package