PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i ZHP Sedan AT w/ 68k miles (Rolling Meadows, IL) - $13,000

BMWCurves
06-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Found on Craigslist. Black on Black leather interior. Owner claims Cold Weather Package, does not appear to have the Premium Package.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5074180384.html

Simmsled
06-17-2015, 07:26 PM
Low miles, but no Style 135s, some questionable mods, no mention of maintenance.
Hmm.

89fiveo
07-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Just curious, which of the mods do you find questionable? Would this be worth looking at if the owner could be talked down to around $10kish? It's in my neck of the woods.

az3579
07-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Low miles, but no Style 135s, some questionable mods, no mention of maintenance.
Hmm.
You know, I read your post and immediately thought exactly this:

Just curious, which of the mods do you find questionable?

I don't see any questionable mods on there. They're all mods that any one of us would have done (those of us who mod, that is). The looks very clean and well kept, and there is in fact maintenance listed on there, far more than a typical 70k ZHP has had done.

BTW OP, it does not look like it has Premium due to the lack of an autodim mirror.

sent from my Droid Turbo

BMWCurves
07-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't see any questionable mods on there. They're all mods that any one of us would have done (those of us who mod, that is). The looks very clean and well kept, and there is in fact maintenance listed on there, far more than a typical 70k ZHP has had done.

Agreed, for the most part.

BTW OP, it does not look like it has Premium due to the lack of an autodim mirror.

I have a tough time seeing the mirror, but I think you're right.

89fiveo
07-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Carfax was clean minus a minor accident in 2006. Can email out to anybody interested. Car was too low/ loud for my wife to use as a daily driver. Cracked taillight, chipped/scraped bumper, cracked splitter, curb rash, dry rotted tires, and a few other cosmetic things here and there. The search continues. Talked him down to $10.5k.

BMWCurves
07-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Relisted at $12,000: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5135180001.html

Simmsled
07-28-2015, 05:43 AM
Just curious, which of the mods do you find questionable? Would this be worth looking at if the owner could be talked down to around $10kish? It's in my neck of the woods.

-H&R springs with no mention of changing the dampers (cheap and lazy... questionable)
-Magnaflow muffler... hack/weld? (questionable)
-License plate location... directly in the middle of the airflow to the radiator/ac. (questionable)

UdubBadger
07-28-2015, 05:48 AM
That's like 45 min from me

GoingHAM mobile

az3579
07-28-2015, 06:02 AM
-H&R springs with no mention of changing the dampers (cheap and lazy... questionable)

Not questionable unless you ask and s/he says the dampers weren't changed. This is based on an assumption. S/he might have just forgotten to list it. Look at how short the listing is; this being the case is very possible.

-Magnaflow muffler... hack/weld? (questionable)

Changing a muffler is hardly questionable. Welding on a muffler is one of the most common things to do in the car modding scene since you can't really attach one any other way. Would you say attaching a TSE3 "Lite" system would be questionable? That would pretty much be the same exact thing, and it was designed to be that wayas noted on the site itself:

"This rear muffler requires cutting of the original system. Fully illustrated instructions included."

Why would the Magnaflow be any different if it's not a full catback?

-License plate location... directly in the middle of the airflow to the radiator/ac. (questionable)

There is more than sufficient airflow to the condenser and radiator. You have over half the lower grille and all of the upper kidney grilles directing airflow to the condenser and radiator.

Simmsled
07-28-2015, 08:39 AM
ques•tion•a•ble (kwĕsˈchə-nə-bəl)►
adj. Open to doubt or challenge; problematic.
adj. Not yet determined or specified.
More at Wordnik from The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

Here is the definition of questionable. Your response of "not questionable unless you ask" is the EXACT REASON it is questionable.
You need to settle down man, not sure why you're jumping all over this.

fredo
07-28-2015, 11:03 AM
CL flagged, unavailable.

Edit: the new CL ad is on post 7.

az3579
07-28-2015, 05:16 PM
You need to settle down man, not sure why you're jumping all over this.

This is even a topic of conversation for me because I don't find it fair to the seller, who is obviously an enthusiast, that there are negative things being said about his car without having the facts (since "questionable" usually is used negatively). Things aren't always as they seem, and yes, this can go both ways, but without thoroughly inspecting the car, saying all these things are "questionable" isn't fair to him/her or to any buyer potentially looking at this car through this site.

I like the words "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to (obviously) enthusiast cars such as this one. I'm sure you'd give the benefit of the doubt to any member on this site selling his/her car, right?

Simmsled
07-28-2015, 07:23 PM
No disrespect, but you have a lot to learn son.
I buy Craigslist cars all the time.
I buy/sell cars at Auburn, Mecum, and Barret Jackson.
There is a lot that is said and not said that reveals/hides facts.
You can continue to live in the world of 'benefit of doubt', but it will cost you.
That's why questions are asked.
When something is questionable, you inquire about it to clear up doubt.
I HAVE to believe that you are not as naive as you sound.
To you, good sir, I give the benefit of the doubt. ...but it doesn't cost me anything to do so.

cakM3
07-29-2015, 03:27 AM
just caught up on this thread...... where's the popcorn? ;)

BMWCurves
07-29-2015, 07:46 AM
just caught up on this thread...... where's the popcorn? ;)

Dammit, I brought the chairs, you were supposed to bring the popcorn!

danewilson77
07-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Let's keep it civil.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

az3579
07-30-2015, 03:56 AM
I buy Craigslist cars all the time.
I buy/sell cars at Auburn, Mecum, and Barret Jackson.
There is a lot that is said and not said that reveals/hides facts.
You can continue to live in the world of 'benefit of doubt', but it will cost you.
That's why questions are asked.
When something is questionable, you inquire about it to clear up doubt.
I HAVE to believe that you are not as naive as you sound.
To you, good sir, I give the benefit of the doubt. ...but it doesn't cost me anything to do so.

I had spent about 25 minute writing up a reply to your post but I realize that since you're getting defensive and offensive at the same time, it's not worth the effort. I will leave you with one thing, which is this:

This was completely uncalled for. You don't know what knowledge I possess, so you are not in the position to tell me "what I need to learn". When it comes to this stuff, not everyone is like you with whatever experience you may have, so you should look at it from other peoples' perspectives before you post negative comments about a car for sale without having the facts.

That is all. I'm out.

cakM3
07-30-2015, 04:09 AM
Carfax was clean minus a minor accident in 2006. Can email out to anybody interested. Car was too low/ loud for my wife to use as a daily driver. Cracked taillight, chipped/scraped bumper, cracked splitter, curb rash, dry rotted tires, and a few other cosmetic things here and there. The search continues. Talked him down to $10.5k.

seller posted this in his ad... "18in rims on continental extereme contanct dws tires. 235/18/35 front and 255/18/40 rear. Tires are brand new." I'm assuming he replaced the dry rotted tires with new ones... pics do not show the chipped/scraped bumper, cracked splitters or other cosmetic issues... just from looking at the ad the car looks good actually, that is if you're looking for a step vice manual...

Simmsled
07-31-2015, 08:00 PM
I love your passion, az.
If you are ever in Indianapolis for the Indy 500, or plan on it, hit me up.
We can have some cold beer and you can tell me all the things.

UdubBadger
08-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Can we all just establish that Dane is the one who knows everything, nobody else...

Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread of overpriced cars [emoji12]

GoingHAM mobile

danewilson77
08-07-2015, 04:38 AM
Can we all just establish that Dane is the one who knows everything, nobody else...

Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread of overpriced cars [emoji12]

GoingHAM mobile
Agree.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BoostedZHP
08-09-2015, 10:54 PM
I love your passion, az.
If you are ever in Indianapolis for the Indy 500, or plan on it, hit me up.
We can have some cold beer and you can tell me all the things.

Disappointed to see this kind of attitude on ZHP mafia. Please take a chill pill.

Simmsled
08-11-2015, 05:19 AM
Disappointed to see this kind of attitude on ZHP mafia. Please take a chill pill.

No attitude there.
Not sure why you'd say that.
It's an open invite!