PDA

View Full Version : Mishimoto silicone intake boot

DasDave
08-21-2015, 06:58 AM
I haven't seen any posts about it on here yet. But Mishimoto will be releasing a silicone intake hose for the 330 soon if you haven't heard already. They currently are having a presale for them right now ($95). I don't know when the sale ends, but mishi is expecting to start shipping these sept 9th.

I have already ordered one to replace my delapidated oem boot. But I am also curious of everyone's thoughts on these. I will update when I get mine in too. Below is the presale link.

http://www.mishimoto.com/bmw-e46-3-series-intake-hose-kit-01-06.html

slater
08-21-2015, 07:24 AM
hmmm. i STILL have not installed my stett boots yet with my aFe intake, but i am curious how these ones fit. :)

peter

cakM3
08-21-2015, 08:58 AM
I saw that.... I wonder who is going to get these and post results back???

slater
08-21-2015, 10:08 AM
I saw that.... I wonder who is going to get these and post results back???

do it, charlie! ;)

peter

cakM3
08-21-2015, 10:37 AM
do it, charlie! ;)

peter

I got the Stett boots Peter. I will run with these for now so I'm staying out of this one....just curious to see who get's these and their impressions :)

NoVAphotog
08-21-2015, 10:49 AM
I got the Stett boots Peter. I will run with these for now so I'm staying out of this one....just curious to see who get's these and their impressions :)

+1

Curious as well...

DasDave
08-21-2015, 11:24 AM
I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives. Hopefully it will work with my afe

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ELCID86
08-22-2015, 08:49 AM
hmmm. i STILL have not installed my stett boots yet with my aFe intake, but i am curious how these ones fit. :)

peter

Me either. Might actually sell it.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

cakM3
08-24-2015, 05:22 PM
I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives. Hopefully it will work with my afe

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Be sure to tell all of us how the fitment and ease of install is.... there were noted issues regarding the fitment of the Stett intake boots unfortunately and the majority of people involved in the group buy had fitment issues with their Stett intake boots. Mine fit but I had to work at it and even then, fitment is tight so that's why I'm curious to find out how these work out :thumbsup

squashman702
08-24-2015, 05:44 PM
I just bought Mishimoto silicone radiator hoses for my YZ250f. Haven't installed them yet, but I'd probably be pretty interested in these assuming fitment is good on those.

johnrando
08-25-2015, 06:39 AM
Would definitely be interested in a set.

DasDave
12-19-2015, 10:40 AM
So now that winter break has started and I finally have the chance to install the intake tube.

Overall I am pleased with the products looks really clean. And it's worth it just for the billet aluminum f connector. However I did have to take a pair of wire cutters and trim 10-15 mm from the boot. Besides that I have been really pleased. I'll post some pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FungShui
12-21-2015, 05:01 PM
On Amazon they have them for sale ($119) to close to the pre-sale price of $95.

There are other colors as well but I purchaesd the black version.

http://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMHOSE-E46-330IBK-Black-Silicone-Intake/dp/B015STO2VA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450745899&sr=8-1&keywords=e46+intake+boot+mishimoto

BMWCurves
12-21-2015, 06:41 PM
Good spot

Ssparrow
12-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Definitely Considering these especially at that price. Any more reviews on fitment?

BMWCurves
12-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Definitely Considering these especially at that price. Any more reviews on fitment?

As far as I've read from other members, it's a nice piece of hardware but pain in the ass to put on and some people had to modify it go get it to fit properly.

FungShui
12-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Bumping because the price dropped to $105 with free shipping. This price is cheaper than Mishimoto's pre-sale price if you factor in shipping and tax. I am wondering if the same will happen with Mishimoto's other recent product launches.

Alikessu
12-24-2015, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the updates
I am happy with the stett boots I got from Vas
thanks Vas
the where much easier to install because they had been used on his car[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

zhp05jb
07-07-2017, 06:11 AM
Reviving an old thread in case someone's interested in buying these hoses.

Replaced my torn lower intake boot with Mishimoto upper & lower silicone version. The fitment for the upper hose was far from perfect but good enough to not cause any vacuum leak once the hose clamp was tightened.

Picture of the lower hose installed:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B1gROKhfXE6hM1ZTRnRzeEJ1c0U

Picture of the upper hose with green arrow showing the area where the fitment is off:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B1gROKhfXE6hR2Q0clV6RWMzTlU

The other side of the upper hose with green arrow showing the fitment issue:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B1gROKhfXE6hOGNZUjM4LXdCeXc

Just in case someone notices, this kit comes in a single color. However, mine is in two different colors because I originally ordered the wrong version of the BLK kit (bought 323's instead of 330's). So I had to order another one made for 330 which only RED color was available at the time.

Gmas
07-07-2017, 06:28 AM
Reviving an old thread in case someone's interested in buying these hoses.

Replaced my torn lower intake boot with Mishimoto upper & lower silicone version. The fitment for the upper hose was far from perfect but good enough to not cause any vacuum leak once the hose clamp was tightened.

Just in case someone notices, this kit comes in a single color. However, mine is in two different colors because I originally ordered the wrong version of the BLK kit (bought 323's instead of 330's). So I had to order another one made for 330 which only RED color was available at the time.
Appreciate this update. Mine having a tear was one of a couple things that was mentioned from the PPI when I bought my car, and finally just got a CEL because of it. These are enticing, but it sounds like there are definite fitment issues....I'm not big on paying a premium for something and then having to modify it to fit properly. Yourself and the other person here that installed sound content, but the 3 reviews on ECS sound VERY adamant against these. Hmmm.....

daytona90t
07-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Since this post has been revived I thought that I would add something interesting. When I first installed my boots about 2 years ago I also wasn't a huge fan of the fitment, it always seemed to me like the upper boot was a little too long and angled the wrong way. I always dreaded having to remove it from the MAF housing for any reason. Last weekend I replaced my motor mounts, raised my engine up about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, and now the silicon boots fit much better.

If Mishimoto engineered and test fit the boots on a car with good motor mounts, which I hope is the case, this would explain why some people are having fitment issues. If you motor mounts are compressed as much as mine were and the engine is sagging 1/2 to 3/4, the much less flexible silicon boots just aren't going to fit right. The OEM rubber boots with the accordion section will flex and stretch, the silicon will not.

zhp05jb
07-07-2017, 07:50 AM
How many miles did you have on your car before replacing the engine mount?

daytona90t
07-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Hi,

My car just turned 106,000. My mounts weren't split right in half like some that I have seen, but they were definitely collapsed and the rubber was really hard and had a lot of cracking. With the new mounts I can't even feel the car running at idle, prior I had a slight vibration. I am also going to do transmission mounts along with fluid and filter service in a few weeks.

zhp05jb
07-07-2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks. I will look into my mount as well.