PDA

View Full Version : Shark Injector NYC install

L0veZHP
08-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Does anyone live in or around NYC that can install the Shark Injector Flash or know a shop that does it? None of my shops seem to know or want to even try to mess with it... I'm about to just return it. I didn't buy the charger for it.

JeffSaysThings
08-28-2015, 08:06 AM
I think you just plug it in right? I would email Turner and ask for directions if they didn't send them. I think Turner's (or Conforti's) expectation is that it's a DIY job.

You can pick up a battery charger at Sears (or craigslist). I think the gist of it is that you connect the charger to the battery and plug the shark injector into the OBD port. It does the rest.

Someone that has one can fill in the details...

WOLFN8TR
08-28-2015, 04:12 PM
You need a 10amp constant battery charger connected to the battery during the flash.

Do I really need a battery charger?
Yes! The installation of the Shark Injector requires power from the battery. It needs more power than thebattery can provide without the alternator generating a charge (and it’s obviously not possible to have theengine running). This is why a battery charger is necessary. Can you install the Shark Injector without thecharger? No. The Injector checks for voltage several times during its programming. If at any time it detectsvoltage levels are too low it will give you an Error Code (123 or 124).

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/pages/shark_inj_FAQ.pdf