PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happened to my door locks?

kakashi169
09-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Please excuse this thread if its a repost and I apologize if it is.

So the other morning, I did my usually routine of pressing the unlock button on my key. The car doors unlock and lock again! What gives?

I did a bit of research and it might be some sort of GM5 module?? I am hoping its not.
Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks
-Daniel

kakashi169
09-14-2015, 12:28 PM
no one? =(

danewilson77
09-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Yes. Most likely GM5 is on the fritz.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

cakM3
09-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Yes. Most likely GM5 is on the fritz.

Daniel, this is what I'm thinking as well.... sorry bud...

Dr Dynamite
12-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Please excuse this thread if its a repost and I apologize if it is.

So the other morning, I did my usually routine of pressing the unlock button on my key. The car doors unlock and lock again! What gives?

I did a bit of research and it might be some sort of GM5 module?? I am hoping its not.
Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks
-Daniel

Random question..... when I go to unlock my car manually, sometimes the beep sound happens and the locks don't unlock, sometimes while sitting in the car I unlock it using the button right next to the hazards and it doesn't unlock. It's weird.... has this happened to anyone else?<br />
<br />
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk<br />
<br />
This is a shot in the dark, but maybe it's your GM5 module?<br />
<br />
https://www.bmwgm5.com/<br />
<br />
I have experienced similar things - several doors will remain locked even when I manually turn the key in the lock or use the button on the center console. I found the site above after researching the issue but I have been prioritizing other maintenance.

I posted the same issue the other day, similar to your issue but they both point to the gm5 module. Hope this link helps

BMWCurves
12-12-2015, 09:39 AM
If it's not the GM5 module I would also consider replacing your battery if it's old.