PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i ZHP Sedan 6MT w/ 119k miles (Arlington, VA) - $14,000

BMWCurves
09-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Found on Craigslist. Silver Gray Metallic on Black leather interior. Has neither the Cold Weather nor the Premium Package (despite the author's description).

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5239935806.html

ELCID86
09-27-2015, 09:56 AM
I may have posted this same one a few min ago. Not for from where I work if anyone needs eyes on it.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

NoVAphotog
09-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Literally right down the street from where I work if anyone is interested in this one. Overpriced for sure, but looks clean and has 3.46 diff! :thumbsup

Hokie11
09-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Car is pretty much exactly what I'd want, but the price, not so much lol

NoVAphotog
09-28-2015, 08:23 PM
Car is pretty much exactly what I'd want, but the price, not so much lol

This is so close Hokie, I can go check it out for you during lunch this week. Gauge the seller, the car, etc.

Simmsled
09-29-2015, 05:24 AM
This sounds/looks like a good one.

Vas
09-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Lower the price and it's a great pickup I bet

NoVAphotog
09-29-2015, 06:26 AM

+1

Hokie11
09-29-2015, 06:36 AM
This is so close Hokie, I can go check it out for you during lunch this week. Gauge the seller, the car, etc.

If you want to it certainly wouldn't hurt, but I definitely wouldn't want to pay anywhere near that lol. IMO its about $3-4k overpriced. And does it really not have cold weather and premium? I see heated seats and the auto lights and garage opener which I thought only came with those packages

az3579
09-29-2015, 06:55 AM
I see heated seats and the auto lights and garage opener which I thought only came with those packages

Heated seats were a standalone option. Auto lights were standard from 2004+ for sedans. Homelink was also another option.

Hokie11
09-29-2015, 07:46 AM
Heated seats were a standalone option. Auto lights were standard from 2004+ for sedans. Homelink was also another option.

Gotcha

BMWCurves
09-29-2015, 07:52 AM
If you want to it certainly wouldn't hurt, but I definitely wouldn't want to pay anywhere near that lol. IMO its about $3-4k overpriced. And does it really not have cold weather and premium? I see heated seats and the auto lights and garage opener which I thought only came with those packages

While they were included in the Cold Weather Package, heated seats were also standalone options. I'm not sure if the HomeLink (garage opener) was a standalone option as BP says, but if you follow his link for more detailed pics (link (https://app.box.com/s/t4t90t8hgldz8hwql37odmd9qlgy3ovp)), you can find the original window sticker that has the selected options for the car:

You can see it states the following selections:

Silver Gray Metallic paint
Black leather interior
Performance Package
Glass moonroof
Heated front seats
Rain sensor
Xenon headlights
Harman-Kardon sound system

This suggests that he retrofitted the HomeLink system, which is corroborated by his maintenance spreadsheet (link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17yUcXEtnxe-n3K-KWjF34UTwE9LmLp6Iqs7Gg8dsH8A/edit?usp=sharing), item D33). All that said, I think it's a car that looks to be well maintained and taken care of. If you could somehow manage to snag it for $11k, it would be a great purchase. He did buy it for $12,000 according to his own spreadsheet, so maybe you have some negotiation there.

Hokie11
09-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Also interesting to see how original owners option the car. Thanks for the info. I saw the links in the ad and looked at it all. Looks like a great car but doubt he'd come down that low lol. Might reach out to him anyway and see

NoVAphotog
09-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Also interesting to see how original owners option the car. Thanks for the info. I saw the links in the ad and looked at it all. Looks like a great car but doubt he'd come down that low lol. Might reach out to him anyway and see

I'm meeting up with him next week, PM me your contact info and we'll go from there.

ELCID86
09-29-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm meeting up with him next week, PM me your contact info and we'll go from there.

Hmm. I thought Erin had a car...?! ;-)

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

NoVAphotog
10-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Meeting up with him today at lunch. Will take some more pics slash go for a drive for you. Also, provide some consultation on price point...

Sent from an HTC One

NoVAphotog
10-08-2015, 10:06 AM

Hokie, I would reach out.

James and his car are both awesome! Met up just now, drove the car and had lunch together. Instant bond, really knows a lot (he writes for Car & Driver). He appreciated all my tidbits of knowledge about the cars after sharing some info about mine. Speaking of that...if you bought this car you might as well be buying a silver grey version of mine in terms of cleanliness and driving condition with an extra number on the clock. I couldn't tell I wasn't driving my car with the 3.46 diff and the condition of the interior, seats, steering wheel, suspension, etc. He has fully replaced the brakes, suspension is stock with I believe FCABs and Diff bushings done, but you can check his records/with him on specifics. Either way. Fantastic ZHP.

On price, I was very straight up about it, and pulled up several examples, he is definitely open to offers in line with what you were thinking. He went to VT so you already have a leg up on the competition of which there is someone coming to see it Saturday. He said he would let me or you, if you reach out, know how that goes.

I would give this car and the seller a big :thumbsup!

Vas
10-08-2015, 10:29 AM

Still stand by this.

Glad to hear the car checked out

az3579
10-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Still stand by this.

Well, you'd be wrong.......

..... because it's not a pickup. :biggrin

NoVAphotog
10-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Well, you'd be wrong.......

..... because it's not a pickup. :biggrin

ba dum tiss

:facepalm

BMWCurves
10-10-2015, 06:21 AM
Nice work, Daniel :thumbsup

It's stuff like this that makes this place great!

Hokie11
10-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the update/checking it out. I've been out of town for the last week so just catching up now. I'll reach out to the owner