PDA

View Full Version : Hello - Fellow Car Nuts

nickh330
10-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to forums of any sort, but after reading some of the guides, I've decided to introduce myself. I live in Washington DC, and am looking for a car I can fit two kids into with only a bit of a struggle ... I've previously owned a Saab 9-3 aero (think massive torque steer, with all the ills of FWD) and a 350z I had to unload because of baby #1, I've been looking for over a year for a second car to use as primarily a weekender to spoil, with the ability to take outings into the countryside with the whole family. After my previous cars, and looking at numerous more recent sedans, I couldn't bring myself to buy a car with electric steering and without a manual gearbox. Thus, the list has grown quite small, and I've become much more serious about the ZHP being the car for me (and the family). I'll be posting a "want-ad" shortly, but looking forward to joining an active communion of automotive fellowship.

nick

ELCID86
10-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Welcome. There is a great looking silver grey car right in your neck of the woods. Also a red one on CL.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

danewilson77
10-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Vas
10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Welcome. There is a nice silver grey zhp for sale local to you

KevinC
10-11-2015, 04:54 PM
The ZHP has the best steering of any car I've owned. The 350Z feels like a truck in comparison, to my hands. Have you had a chance to test-drive a ZHP yet? Do it and you'll be instantly sold.

Oli77
10-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Welcome from KY. Do realize the e46 is a pretty small car so I hope you don't plan on anymore kids. I drive 4 kids to school everyday and I have given up on taking my ZSP. I am now driving my 1993 Toyota Camry because it can take us 5 comfortably.

johnrando
10-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Welcome
Good luck with your search.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nickh330
10-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Thanks - I just sent an email to the fellow in Arlington, VA and will let you all know what he has to say. I'm more likely targeting something with a bit lower mileage, but would love to get behind the wheel of this as its local. I've yet to drive a ZHP, or any of the E46s, so that's my first step!

3ZHPGUY
10-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Vas
10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Thanks - I just sent an email to the fellow in Arlington, VA and will let you all know what he has to say. I'm more likely targeting something with a bit lower mileage, but would love to get behind the wheel of this as its local. I've yet to drive a ZHP, or any of the E46s, so that's my first step!
Here is the thread for the car if touch haven't seen it. A local member went and took a look at it

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16762

Johnmadd
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Helllllloooooo "in my Seinfeld voice "

NoVAphotog
10-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to forums of any sort, but after reading some of the guides, I've decided to introduce myself. I live in Washington DC, and am looking for a car I can fit two kids into with only a bit of a struggle ... I've previously owned a Saab 9-3 aero (think massive torque steer, with all the ills of FWD) and a 350z I had to unload because of baby #1, I've been looking for over a year for a second car to use as primarily a weekender to spoil, with the ability to take outings into the countryside with the whole family. After my previous cars, and looking at numerous more recent sedans, I couldn't bring myself to buy a car with electric steering and without a manual gearbox. Thus, the list has grown quite small, and I've become much more serious about the ZHP being the car for me (and the family). I'll be posting a "want-ad" shortly, but looking forward to joining an active communion of automotive fellowship.

nick

Hi Nick!

Welcome from another fellow DMV member! I saw your post about not having driven a ZHP, if you live anywhere around Van Ness you are more than welcome to drive mine when I'm in town or can meet up somewhere else and you can take her for a spin. I'm in DC all the time as the gf lives there.

The owner of that silver grey car in Arlington is awesome and I'm sure wouldn't mind you driving his car to get a feel for them as well, despite the mileage his drives and looks the same as mine with 40k less, at least, I couldn't tell a difference! Very solid car.

fredo
10-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Welcome, Nick ! My wife has a 2008 Saab 93 MT. GL on your search.

nickh330
10-19-2015, 06:18 PM
Awesome - thanks for the offer. I did end up driving the car for sale over in Arlington, VA and have to say I was very impressed with the car given how many miles it has. I really appreciate hearing that it drives exactly like a lower mileage car, as that is the only thing I have against it. I liked it so much, that I drove up to NJ to check a lower mileage car out, and it wasn't in nearly the aesthetic or mechanical condition. I see a car located in Seattle via a link posted here that may be a good target. Appreciate all the help so far!