PDA

View Full Version : FS OEM Alcantara steering wheel

wsmeyer
10-21-2015, 01:14 PM
I bought this brand new back when BMW was blowing them out. It is an OEM BMW Performance wheel. I had it on my car for about 6 months but decided I liked the original leather wheel better so swapped it back.

I while back I decided I would clean it up and sell it but unfortunately it didn't turn out as I had hoped. I followed the DIY here but I think I just didn't rub long enough as I couldn't get the sweater shaver to remove the crap. As you can see it's not really balled up at all. I could sit there and pick them off while I watched TV but I really don't feel like messing with it.

The good news is that with such little use the Alcantara is still plenty thick to get it looking like new

Letting it go for $275 including shipping

wsmeyer
10-22-2015, 10:11 AM
No interest?

Does everybody that wants one already have one?

NoVAphotog
10-22-2015, 10:43 AM
I think the price and the pictures don't fit together...that LOOKS used/beat up even if you say it's not. Plus without the trim pieces I'd want to see a lower cost as anyone with a worn wheel will most likely swap those over.

wsmeyer
10-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Fair enough. I actually have a spare trim piece that's in good shape that I'd be happy to throw in.

I'll take pics of it this afternoon and update the first post.

NorCalZman
10-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Mine is in pretty amazing shape for its age....but I just dont like alcantara on my steering wheel. I am with you. I cant wait to switch over to leather.

stephenkirsh
10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
That's only six months of use?!?! It looks as bad or worse than my original wheel with 137k on it.

danewilson77
10-22-2015, 03:29 PM
William has the King Fu grip!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

wsmeyer
10-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Ha Ha, everybody's a comedian.

When I took it off the car it showed very little wear. It was when I decided to clean it up and used a Magic Eraser on it it started to look like that. I think I just didn't do it long enough for them to "ball up" so at this point a sweater shaver won't grab them and pull them off.

danewilson77
10-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Ha Ha, everybody's a comedian.

When I took it off the car it showed very little wear. It was when I decided to clean it up and used a Magic Eraser on it it started to look like that. I think I just didn't do it long enough for them to "ball up" so at this point a sweater shaver won't grab them and pull them off.
Agree.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk