PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Front Brake Calipers [330i]

anandoc
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Hello folks,

I am putting out a pre-emptive 'want to buy' thread for front brake calipers from a 330i. I am currently troubleshooting a sticky caliper on the front driver's side and I am hoping that gunked out guide pins are the issue.

However, in a worst case scenario if the piston is shot within the caliper, I would need to replace the drivers side caliper at the least and maybe the passenger side just to be on the safe side.

Wondering if anybody has working calipers (maybe when you upgraded to a BBK like BP) or re-built ones for sale? Thanks!

Vas
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Check the part-out thread going on in the classifieds.

az3579
11-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Sorry Anando, I wish I could offer you mine. Retaining my stock calipers has saved my ass numerous times over the years. Every time my BMW Performance ones leaked, I swapped back. No issues with the Wilwoods yet, but it's risky getting rid of the stock calipers. "Just in case"

I hope it just turns out to be a pin. Perhaps you should find one in the U.S. so I could bring it to you and we could make it a mini meet. :biggrin

sent from my Droid Turbo

kakashi169
11-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I have 330i calipers. PM me and maybe we can work out a price, I have rotors as well.

anandoc
11-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Sorry Anando, I wish I could offer you mine. Retaining my stock calipers has saved my ass numerous times over the years. Every time my BMW Performance ones leaked, I swapped back. No issues with the Wilwoods yet, but it's risky getting rid of the stock calipers. "Just in case"

I hope it just turns out to be a pin. Perhaps you should find one in the U.S. so I could bring it to you and we could make it a mini meet. :biggrin

sent from my Droid Turbo

No issues, BP! You are my preferred BMW parts smuggler into Canada ;) If it turns out to be a caliper issue, how much work is it to change out a caliper at home? Do I need to bleed the system again etc? I don't want to turn the classifieds section into the DIY section so maybe I will PM you around this too.

I have 330i calipers. PM me and maybe we can work out a price, I have rotors as well.

Thanks Daniel! I will PM you if it turns out to be the calipers. Thanks much!!

az3579
11-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Feel free to PM me. It's easy changing out a caliper, albeit messy.

sent from my Droid Turbo

BCS_ZHP
11-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Feel free to PM me. It's easy changing out a caliper, albeit messy.

sent from my Droid Turbo

Caliper swaps aren't messy BP, changing the OFHG is messy.

Vas
11-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Caliper swaps aren't messy BP, changing the OFHG is messy.
Or oil pan gaskets. Those are fun as well. Got my second one in the spring

Karl Lazlo
11-15-2015, 04:34 AM
I have a set of serviceable F calipers from my 03 330Ci. Hit me up if other options exhaust themselves.

Scott ZHP
11-15-2015, 06:08 AM
Wondering if anybody has working calipers (maybe when you upgraded to a BBK like BP) or re-built ones for sale? Thanks!

$64 gets you a NEW caliper; you'll need to reuse your carrier.

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/ES2778108/

Similar prices for rebuilds at rockauto.com

anandoc
11-15-2015, 06:12 AM
I have a set of serviceable F calipers from my 03 330Ci. Hit me up if other options exhaust themselves.

Thanks very much! Daniel (Kakashi169) has generously offered to help me out with his old OE calipers since he upgraded to Performance calipers.

$64 gets you a NEW caliper; you'll need to reuse your carrier.

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/ES2778108/

Similar prices for rebuilds at rockauto.com

Thanks! That was the price for the right caliper...its the left caliper for me which has gone bust - which is priced at USD $129. Factor in shipping and exchange rates (I am in Canada) and duties and I am looking at over $200 a piece.

BMWCurves
11-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Why does the driver side caliper cost double?:dunno

anandoc
11-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Bought the calipers (both sides) from Daniel. Daniel was very helpful with all my questions and made every attempt to ship them ASAP. A BIG thanks to him!! :)

I have an appointment with my garage soon and hopefully this will resolve the caliper sticking issues.