PDA

View Full Version : WTB: S54 and M3 stuff

Karl Lazlo
11-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Want to buy M3 stuff for my 03 330Ci getting an S54 swap. If you know of or have for sale, I am interested in buying. Finder’s fee paid to any mafia member who leads me to any of the gear listed below or any other sound ideas that I may not have listed… I promise the finder’s fee gift will not have cat hair, blood, fingerprinting dust or been lifted from a crime scene. It will likely be in the form of a gift card from a BMW retailer and/or site sponsor.

- S54 motor (<100k miles, and >=2003 MY or verified bearing recall performed)
- 6MT, no SMGs
- Rear diff, subframe, drive shaft and axles
- Harness, DME
- Header / Cats
- Instrument cluster

Will likely buy new, but always will entertain:

- M3 fuel pump
- Upper strut brace
- Radiator
- M3 motor, trans and diff mounts (if new)

*Cat hair sold separately, void where prohibited, batteries not included, please get parent's permission and lack of judgement may be known to the state of California to cause cancer in laboratory animals.

Thanks in advance!

-Ray, who should have spent his commission checks on an actual M3 instead of building a franken-car. Also, his g/f thinks he is a little messed up in the head.

hcbeck2689
11-18-2015, 06:06 PM
I would search around on m3forum. I have seen s54's every so often

-Holden

Johnmadd
11-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Good luck....

Boca_RatonZHP
11-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Would love to see swap happen via photos!

Post some when you begin, and maybe a video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taliben
11-19-2015, 04:37 AM
why not buy a wrecked m3?

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 04:58 AM
Thought about picking up a wrecked car. Frankly, I didn't want to go through the hassle of removing the parts I needed and wondering what to do with a shell. Easier and less headaches to grab what I need.

hcbeck2689
11-19-2015, 05:06 AM
Just curious, why not just buy an m3 vert? Definitely easier and less of a headache, and I would assume cheaper.

-Holden

slater
11-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Thought about picking up a wrecked car. Frankly, I didn't want to go through the hassle of removing the parts I needed and wondering what to do with a shell. Easier and less headaches to grab what I need.

actually, buying a shell would give you everything you need, and personally i would consider it less hassle, because you know everything is there, and is all from the same car.

that said, there is a guy near me who is parting out M3s... he likely has all of the bits you would need.

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Wel, well. In true Mafia fashion, Botond hooked me up. Got me in touch with a guy with a few complete cars and a buttload of M3 parts. Unless his prices are completely unreasonable, I found all the stuff I need. BP is the man. Thanks to him and cak for taking care of me and my soon-to-be franken-car. Thanks!

Johnmadd
11-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Awesome, yeah BP and Charlie can definitely hook it up, great people. Can't wait to meet you at the next east coast meet.

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Likewise, John. Looking forward to meeting more of the mafioso, as well!

cakM3
11-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Wel, well. In true Mafia fashion, Botond hooked me up. Got me in touch with a guy with a few complete cars and a buttload of M3 parts. Unless his prices are completely unreasonable, I found all the stuff I need. BP is the man. Thanks to him and cak for taking care of me and my soon-to-be franken-car. Thanks!

You're welcome Karl.... can't wait to see your project once it's complete!

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Dude, not only will you and BP get to see it, I will reserve seat time for you guys! Thanks, again!

az3579
11-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Dude, not only will you and BP get to see it, I will reserve seat time for you guys! Thanks, again!

Is a road rally involved? :biggrin

cakM3
11-19-2015, 06:01 PM

Nice! :thumbsup

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Is a road rally involved? :biggrin

Not sure. Maybe a road trip to eat some seafood somewhere east of CT... Just sayin'...

az3579
11-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Not sure. Maybe a road trip to eat some seafood somewhere east of CT... Just sayin'...

Yessssss to roadtrip --- yuccccckkkkk to seafood. :p

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Capt. Buzzkill.

danewilson77
11-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Capt. Buzzkill.
Yep. The anti-buzz.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Look, BP. Here's the deal.

If we are going to be friends and hang out, you need to get comfortable with doing shady shit. Sometimes that shady shit means seafood. And smoke grenades.

No good story ever started with, "So, I was eating a salad and using sound judgement..."

Good stories start with, "So, I was hanging out with Ray..."

cakM3
11-19-2015, 06:50 PM

Seafood? I'm down for that! :)

Karl Lazlo
11-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Seafood? I'm down for that! :)

Solid.

johnrando
11-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Love seafood

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

az3579
11-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Look, BP. Here's the deal.

If we are going to be friends and hang out, you need to get comfortable with doing shady shit. Sometimes that shady shit means seafood. And smoke grenades.

No good story ever started with, "So, I was eating a salad and using sound judgement..."

Good stories start with, "So, I was hanging out with Ray..."

I never objected to anything else other than the seafood. :dunno
I'm down with smoke grenades. :biggrin

Alikessu
11-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Seafood is great, and there is lot you can choose from
you can have it Grilled, Baked, Fried etc....
I was fishing in Finland on a beautiful river with a friend of mine, and we caught 2 nice size trout
to make a long story short
we filleted and marinaded one with lemon juice , sea salt ,pepper for about 20 min
and cooked the other one on the fire pit wrapped in tin foil.
the one that we cooked was over done, but the marinaded trout on Finish black bread tastes amazing, some of the best fish I ever had. and we did not cook it but the marinade did the trick...
anyway it was fantastic

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

cakM3
11-20-2015, 09:03 AM
I don't know how someone can be from New England and not like seafood!

I Just Don't Know ..........

az3579
11-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Why are we still talking about seafood?

Karl Lazlo
11-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Why are we still talking about seafood?

Because you should feel shame.

cakM3
11-20-2015, 09:18 AM

:guns

az3579
11-20-2015, 09:53 AM

I feel no shame for not liking that shit.

Karl Lazlo
11-20-2015, 11:16 AM
I feel no shame for not liking that shit.

Well, I must say that you are now suspect. You live in a shore town, in New England and don't like seafood. You can't be trusted.

For what it's worth, I am looking forward to dining with Charlie; toasting each other about how awesome we are, sucking down lobster meat and other sea creatures. You can watch us through the window. Good day, sir.

az3579
11-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Well, I must say that you are now suspect.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

sent from my Droid Turbo

cakM3
11-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Well, I must say that you are now suspect. You live in a shore town, in New England and don't like seafood. You can't be trusted.

For what it's worth, I am looking forward to dining with Charlie; toasting each other about how awesome we are, sucking down lobster meat and other sea creatures. You can watch us through the window. Good day, sir.

Why make Botond watch us eat seafood thru the window when he can enjoy the smell of seafood as it is being eaten by sitting at the table with us! :p

Karl Lazlo
11-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Why make Botond watch us eat seafood thru the window when he can enjoy the smell of seafood as it is being eaten by sitting at the table with us! :p

I have a picture in my head... Let's just say that you and I are eating seafood, sucking down a few cocktails, as we chat about BMWs, DoD, life in general. Botond at the the table would be gagging like a tall, dark haired Hungarian Bart Simpson... It would rule!

cakM3
11-20-2015, 04:14 PM
I have a picture in my head... Let's just say that you and I are eating seafood, sucking down a few cocktails, as we chat about BMWs, DoD, life in general. Botond at the the table would be gagging like a tall, dark haired Hungarian Bart Simpson... It would rule!

Oh Gawd!!!! What a vision you put into my head Karl!!! I have to be nice though.... BP would probably rig my BMWs so that they won't start unless he's nearby or something.....

seafood would totally own BPs azz! :thumbsup

hcbeck2689
11-22-2015, 09:31 AM

:rofl

-Holden