PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready to start posting pictures of my ZHP

Johnd
11-27-2015, 01:27 PM
I had my 2006 ZHP convertible delivered a few weeks ago. Since then I have been traveling for work and busy with other projects. In my spare time, I have ordered some parts for the car, and finally had time this weekend to start detailing it. I spent the majority of the day today compounding out the paint and touching up a few small chips here and there. Tomorrow I will apply the polish and a coat of wax. In the past three weeks I have done the following:

- Spent 3K
- Registered and insured the car
- Installed the drivers lock delete that came in last week
- Installed rear spoiler lip
- Installed some black foot pedals
- Update NAV software and firmware version - it now has the ///M logo when you turn it on
- Had all new tires put on - the car had three different brands when I got it
- Had the wheels refinished - The guy came to the house, sanded them and painted them, they look amazing considering how rashed they were. Although it was a bit pricey at $600
- The guy who painted the wheels also did the front club splitters which I plan to install Sunday when I put the rims back on the car
- I also ordered a new gas filter, spark plugs, air cleaner, belts and stubby antenna which I plan to do next weekend.

I am going to do the cooling system sometime in the near future as the hoses are all original and so is the water pump. I have to say the car is in amazing shape for a 2006. The only other thing it needs is some touchup on the rear bumper and the bottoms of the side skirts. The guy who painted the splitters said it would be about $600 to finish.

I will post some pictures on Sunday night

fredo
11-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Welcome, John. I will keep an eye on this thread.

slater
11-27-2015, 03:58 PM
welcome! so you got the car for $3K?

Vas
11-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Welcome

johnrando
11-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Congrats. Great list. Welcome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ELCID86
11-27-2015, 07:01 PM
In for pics. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnd
11-28-2015, 05:44 AM
The 3K is the amount I have spent on the car since buying it. I actually think I scored a pretty good deal on the car as it has only 50K miles, two previous owners, and no accident damager. I paid $11,700 plus another $500 to have it shipped from TX to FL. I knew the car needed tires and rim repair, so that was the biggest expense, $1600 for both.

fredo
11-28-2015, 04:20 PM
$3k sounds reasonable. That's what I've spent on 9 months of ownership. Half went to cosmetics (headlight lenses, front turn signals, A & C pillars, cube trim, etc) and the rest went to random stuff (spare key, two tires, service and repairs). Luckily, I believe I'm almost done. :thumbsup

Johnd
11-29-2015, 06:44 AM
The car is finally detailed, the front splitters are on, clear bumper lights, keyhole cover, rear spoiler, tires, rim repair, and foot pedals..

KevinC
11-29-2015, 07:21 AM
http://www.zpost.com/forums/images/smilies/worshipbmw.gif

theothersawyer
11-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Looks great!!

3ZHPGUY
11-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Very Nice! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Johnd
11-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys.... I will be starting the mechanical next... Replace air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, and belts. When things slow down at work I plan on doing the cooling system and tensioners. I looked at the brakes when the wheels were off and they were at 80% with BMW parts, so I am good there. Now it is time to go enjoy some fun in the sun with the top down. The great thing is the car only has 50K miles and I work from home so it will be lucky to see 3 to 5K miles a year.

NoVAphotog
11-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Now it is time to go enjoy some fun in the sun with the top down. The great thing is the car only has 50K miles and I work from home so it will be lucky to see 3 to 5K miles a year.

That Florida life... :thumbsup

And very cool!!

BMWCurves
11-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Looks great! Really simple but good aesthetic changes. I wish my set of 135s looked that good.

Go out and enjoy that sun! :cheers

P.S. Does Florida require a front license plate? If not, you might consider deleting the front license plate mount. Just a suggestion!

NoVAphotog
11-29-2015, 08:40 AM
If not, you might consider deleting the front license plate mount. Just a suggestion!

+1

Johnd
11-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Isn't the license plate from bolted to the bumper? If removed won't it leave screw holes

KevinC
11-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Isn't the license plate from bolted to the bumper? If removed won't it leave screw holes

Yes, but you could slap some bumper plugs in body color in there, which doesn't look TOO bad.. or just get 'em filled and get the bumper resprayed, Not cheap, but not terribly expensive either, and the result would look great. We've got a guy here in Phx that does all the lease return touchups for the local BMW mega-dealer. He does incredible work and charges insanely cheap prices to the public. Might be worth trying to find who does the same for your local dealer?

jiggz
11-30-2015, 05:44 PM
P.S. Does Florida require a front license plate? If not, you might consider deleting the front license plate mount. Just a suggestion!

No front plate is required is FL - time to remove it! Though, front plates are required in WA state where I live and I still drive w/o them.

Johnd
12-01-2015, 03:48 AM
Unfortunately, with the bracket removed there are two big screw holes which would require the bumper to be painted, so I am leaving it on for now. I have to say this is one of my top 3 BMW's to drive - loved the speed of my X5 and 99 M3