PDA

View Full Version : (NotMine, Ebay)

derbo
12-15-2015, 08:09 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231784264068?item=231784264068&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

If anyone is looking for the most up to date Bluetooth TCU. Here it is.

ELCID86
12-15-2015, 08:13 AM
So where does that square antenna go? I noticed Colin's blue car has one under the grill/back deck.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

kakashi169
12-15-2015, 08:15 AM
I always wanted the OEM Bluetooth setup. I am confused if my car is prewired. The car came with the mic housing and bluetooth buttons. I think I need the wires? Not sure. =\

Good find none the less!

slater
12-15-2015, 08:27 AM
one one hand i really want the OEM bluetooth setup, but on the other... the decent visor-mounted bluetooth speakerphone that my dad gave to me certainly was a lot easier on the wallet, and to install. ;)

[USMC]Skywalker
12-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Daniel
check behind the driver side trunk liner. If you are prewired for the antenna you will see a bluetooth connector (a big plug ) and one pink and one cream antenna cable then your car is prewired.

What year is your car?

BMWCurves
12-15-2015, 09:24 AM
So where does that square antenna go? I noticed Colin's blue car has one under the grill/back deck.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

+1

Do these even fit our cars? The parts are from a Z4.

I always wanted the OEM Bluetooth setup. I am confused if my car is prewired. The car came with the mic housing and bluetooth buttons. I think I need the wires? Not sure. =\

Good find none the less!

I believe that all MY 2004 and above E46s were prewired for Bluetooth. I can't be 100% sure but there should be a little round sticker/plastic thing on the felt of the trunk that can tell you.

[USMC]Skywalker
12-15-2015, 09:34 AM
I think they fit, all ibus electronic modules such as bluetooth, Nav drives and CD changers are interchangable. He has two antennas there, the square one that goes below the rear deck is for Assist function the other funky looking one with a bracket is for the cell phone and goes under the center console below the rear ash tray

kakashi169
12-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Skywalker;462841']Daniel
check behind the driver side trunk liner. If you are prewired for the antenna you will see a bluetooth connector (a big plug ) and one pink and one cream antenna cable then your car is prewired.

What year is your car?

2001 is the year of my car. I checked a while back and there were no symbols on the trunk. Weird, the car came with the sport steering wheel that has the bluetooth button and also mic too. Oh well.

[USMC]Skywalker
12-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Even if there are no symbols check for the cables they will be wrapped in black felt. I have a feeling you do

kakashi169
12-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Skywalker;462856']Even if there are no symbols check for the cables they will be wrapped in black felt. I have a feeling you do

=O

Damn, I would be really surprised if I do. Where do I look again? And what wires am I looking for?

KevinC
12-15-2015, 12:58 PM
When did the ZHP receive factory Bluetooth? Mine has it ('05 Coupé), I assume it's part of the Premium package, which includes Assist? Curiously it's not mentioned anywhere on the Monroney sticker, you'd think they'd hype it as part of Premium (if that's what it is). Then again, it wasn't such an important feature at that point in time.

I don't want to monkey with the stereo or electronics in general in this car, but in my M5, I'm tempted to go with a shallow double-din replacement like the Alpine unit that's out there. Hesitant to do anything that's non-factory though.

ELCID86
12-15-2015, 01:04 PM
Can a mod add "Bluetooth TCU" to the thread title?

[USMC]Skywalker
12-15-2015, 02:28 PM
IT will be behind the trunk liner on the driver side. Open the liner you will see the Harmon Kardon amp there it may be tucked in behind there or behing the two plastic shelves. There will be three connectors one a big rectangular one with like tons of pins that will fit in the TCUs big connector on one side and two small radio connectors that will connect to the other side on the TCU. They may all be wrapped in a black felt like material.

ELCID86
12-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Skywalker;462887']IT will be behind the trunk liner on the driver side. Open the liner you will see the Harmon Kardon amp there it may be tucked in behind there or behing the two plastic shelves. There will be three connectors one a big rectangular one with like tons of pins that will fit in the TCUs big connector on one side and two small radio connectors that will connect to the other side on the TCU. They may all be wrapped in a black felt like material.

And...? :foottap

---

theothersawyer
12-15-2015, 07:50 PM
Mine (2004) doesn't say it is presided for BT on the trunk liner. But it has BMW Assist, so it has a mic. When I hit the R/T button on the steering wheel it says "Phonebook Empty!" But I don't have a BT pairing button.

[USMC]Skywalker
12-15-2015, 09:47 PM
And...? :foottap

---

Haha well if Daniel has them in his car he can buy a TCU, bluetooth antenna, and a mic and its plug and play for factory bluetooth

[USMC]Skywalker
12-15-2015, 09:52 PM
You have an assist module without the bluetooth functionality. All you will need to do is get the later model TCU that has bluetooth functionality. There are some floating on eBay. Make sure there is PassKey (PK) on the sticker. It is a 4 digit code used to pair the phone. When you buy the TCU all you have to do is remove the old TCU and replace it with the new one and you pair your phone. The TCU will go into pairing mode the first 30 seconds after to turn the key to ignition position 2. Your phone will detect it and will ask you enter the Passkey for pairing. Once you do that and the pairing is successful turn the ignition off and on again and your phone will automatically pair and the phone book will be downloaded.

Well before you buy a TCU make sure you have or not have bluetooth capability. See if your phone finds the car TCU it will show up as BMWXXXX where XXXX are some numbers. also look on top of the TCU to see if there is a PK and four digit number stamped on it

ELCID86
12-16-2015, 06:29 AM
Skywalker;462952']Haha well if Daniel has them in his car he can buy a TCU, bluetooth antenna, and a mic and its plug and play for factory bluetooth
No, I meant...don't you have something you need to share with the group...?

kakashi169
12-16-2015, 06:44 AM
Skywalker;462952']Haha well if Daniel has them in his car he can buy a TCU, bluetooth antenna, and a mic and its plug and play for factory bluetooth

Do you have any pictures Benny?

ELCID86
12-16-2015, 07:20 AM
This might help: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7113-Bluetooth-TCU-install-in-ZHP-DIY-and-Parts-List

[USMC]Skywalker
12-16-2015, 08:23 AM
No, I meant...don't you have something you need to share with the group...?

Haha
Yes, I picked up the OB/Tan ZHP. the dealer cleaned it up pretty well, but now its in my garage going through my OCD cleaning. Will have pictures up soon and start a build thread!

ELCID86
12-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Skywalker;463004']Haha
Yes, I picked up the OB/Tan ZHP. the dealer cleaned it up pretty well, but now its in my garage going through my OCD cleaning. Will have pictures up soon and start a build thread!

That's what I'm talking about! Looking forward to your project thread!!

derbo
12-16-2015, 10:59 PM
This part number is the same as the latest one for our e46s.

-Derek

derbo
01-29-2016, 11:30 PM
Here is another one.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262265841814

-Sent from Mobile