PDA

View Full Version : P0171, P0174 and Rough idle(Snarling and shuts down engine)

feytr
01-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Hi all

I've checked some ideas and I looked everything as lower vacuum boot upper vacuum book disa etc on my baby but I couldnt find anything for p0171and p0174 lean engine, I've replaced my ccv but there wasnt rubber plug on it and my car doesnt have vacuum line on ccv. Two days ago she started snarling and rough idle went under 500 almost stopped the engine. Yesterday I was at drive thru and i was paying something then somehow the engine stopped completely I mean just stopped no rough idle or nothing. I dont even know whats going on :/

What do you think?

Thank you all.

Scott ZHP
01-10-2016, 04:50 PM
You have an air leak somewhere, likely a large one. If this were mine, I'd remove and inspect everything from the throttle body to the airbox. Did these codes get thrown right after the CCV replacement? There should be a rubber cap on the CCV body, assuming it has the plastic nipple. Are you certain the 4 breather hoses are connected tightly?

330i ZHP
01-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Check the elbow going to TB. there is a leak somewhere post MAF

feytr
01-11-2016, 12:53 PM
You have an air leak somewhere, likely a large one. If this were mine, I'd remove and inspect everything from the throttle body to the airbox. Did these codes get thrown right after the CCV replacement? There should be a rubber cap on the CCV body, assuming it has the plastic nipple. Are you certain the 4 breather hoses are connected tightly?

I've changed ccv like 6 months ago and I've replaced lower boot also, I do have K&N air intake and everything is connected tightly, i dont have rubber cap didnt have even on old ccv and i cant find new one to buy :/

Thank you Scott

feytr
01-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Check the elbow going to TB. there is a leak somewhere post MAF

I checked that already and its totally fine, I was wondering if my MAF is bad but i have no code for MAF tho