PDA

View Full Version : Any coding experts want to do some remote coding on my X5?

wsmeyer
01-13-2016, 10:58 AM
I have a laptop setup for coding and have successfully coded a lot of different things on it using NCSExpert so I know the setup works but I just recently installed the OEM trailer hitch wiring harness and module and can't get it to work.

I have added the +AHMU module to the VO but when I try to process car it fails with some warning about missing files. Not sure if there's a newer different daten file needed or what. I'm pretty sure I could figure this out but since I will never need to do this again I'd rather just pay someone to do it.

WOLFN8TR
01-13-2016, 03:08 PM
BP is amazing to watch doing coding! :thumbsup

JupiterBMW
01-13-2016, 05:09 PM
Yep, I'm trying to get BP back into helping me setup my coding software/machine so that I can start working with both of my cars... BP where are you!!

derbo
01-14-2016, 08:10 PM
I have a laptop setup for coding and have successfully coded a lot of different things on it using NCSExpert so I know the setup works but I just recently installed the OEM trailer hitch wiring harness and module and can't get it to work.

I have added the +AHMU module to the VO but when I try to process car it fails with some warning about missing files. Not sure if there's a newer different daten file needed or what. I'm pretty sure I could figure this out but since I will never need to do this again I'd rather just pay someone to do it.

Sounds like you are using DATEN LITE files. What version are you on? I have V54..but its 41GB.... not sure how to share it wiith you.

edit: It's come to my attention you may just need the E70 ones. Let me see if I can zip them up.

wsmeyer
01-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Sounds like you are using DATEN LITE files. What version are you on? I have V54..but its 41GB.... not sure how to share it wiith you.

edit: It's come to my attention you may just need the E70 ones. Let me see if I can zip them up.

How would I determine what version I have and whether they are LITE?

derbo
01-14-2016, 09:10 PM

Lite has no programming features. You can only code not program modules.

As for finding the version, thats a good question. I don't really know exactly outside of timestamps of the DATEN files. My files are 8/2014 modified dates.

I'm currently 7zip the 9gb folder and going to upload it to mega later tonight.

derbo
01-15-2016, 09:52 AM

PM sent to you. :)

wsmeyer
01-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Awesome, thank you sooo much!

If that was the problem I shouldn't have any problems getting it going.

derbo
01-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Awesome, thank you sooo much!

If that was the problem I shouldn't have any problems getting it going.

I'm only assuming because you are getting errors when you process the car with a new VO.

terraphantm
01-16-2016, 03:14 PM
What year X5 is this?

wsmeyer
01-16-2016, 04:37 PM
What year X5 is this?

2008 E70 4.8i

wsmeyer
01-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Finally got the chance to mess around with it some more today. Really didn't accomplish much. Tried to use BMW Coding Tools but there was some .ocx file missing. Took me a while to sort that out and then finally got it going and was able to us it along with the files Derek sent me to get it updated. Hopefully have some time tomorrow morning to actually try programming the car again.

derbo
01-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Finally got the chance to mess around with it some more today. Really didn't accomplish much. Tried to use BMW Coding Tools but there was some .ocx file missing. Took me a while to sort that out and then finally got it going and was able to us it along with the files Derek sent me to get it updated. Hopefully have some time tomorrow morning to actually try programming the car again.

Sorry for not posting the OCX issue. I totally forgot about that issue during installation. Keep us posted once you update your DATEN files and try again.

-Sent from Mobile

wsmeyer
01-25-2016, 10:42 PM
No problem. A little googling and I saw it was a common problem but trying to find the solution mostly just ran me around in circles.

I did get all the daten files updated but that's where I stopped for tonight.

Basically the steps were to add +AHMU to the vehicle order and then "process car". Even though that step failed when I reload the VO the +AHMU is still there so I believe I just need to do that last step.

I've done other coding on the car with NCSEXPERT but have never before needed to do this "process car". Has you (or anyone else) done this?

Do you know of an idiots tutorial on that?

wertyu78
01-26-2016, 07:12 AM
No problem. A little googling and I saw it was a common problem but trying to find the solution mostly just ran me around in circles.

I did get all the daten files updated but that's where I stopped for tonight.

Basically the steps were to add +AHMU to the vehicle order and then "process car". Even though that step failed when I reload the VO the +AHMU is still there so I believe I just need to do that last step.

I've done other coding on the car with NCSEXPERT but have never before needed to do this "process car". Has you (or anyone else) done this?

Do you know of an idiots tutorial on that?

Sounds like you're almost there. If you need help, you're welcome to come to Long Beach.

johnrando
01-26-2016, 07:55 AM
Glad to hear you're getting there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wsmeyer
01-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Still no luck.

From the instructions I have found online I'm supposed to add +AHMU to the FA for both the CAS and FRM

CAS goes fine but when I try to read FRM it errors:

COAPI-2000: EDIABAS or SGBD error
BIP-0009: BEST VERSION ERROR

This is the same error I was getting before and while I have no idea what it means "best version" made me think updating daten files was worth a shot but that didn't do anything.

The AHM module shows up in the list but when I try to read it it errors "NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLLER". I'm assuming that is from the error in the FRM step but I'm just guessing.

johnrando
01-27-2016, 03:09 PM
Bummer. Hope it works out.

wsmeyer
02-02-2016, 10:26 AM
FINALLY GOT THIS WORKING!!!

So, even though the process car step failed it did manage to roll back some of the things I had previously coded on the car. After I had pretty much given up on the trailer hitch module I decided to put those back the way I wanted. When I was going through my notes on what I had done, some of it was on the FRM module that was now unreadable. That didn't make sense at all so I uninstalled / deleted all of the coding software, reinstalled it and walaa, added the hitch module no problems.

That laptop is only used for coding so not sure how but something got corrupted along the way and it just needed to be reinstalled.

johnrando
02-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Great news

BMWCurves
02-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Nice, glad you got that sorted. That is strange that it became corrupted.