PDA

View Full Version : APEX 17" ARC-8 Wheels - Group Buy 2016 - Up to $150 off

BMWCurves
01-13-2016, 04:47 PM
Mods: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or if it goes against forum rules in some way. I have no affiliation with Apex, I am just posting for awareness and to try and get as many people on board to maximize the group buy discount. If there is an issue, please let me know!

This thread is for the 2016 APEX 17" ARC-8 wheel Group Buy!

Group Buy Link: https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index.php/group-deals/apex-17-arc-8-wheels-q1-2016.html

Group buys apparently come around only so often for these wheels, so if you've been thinking about getting a set of 17" ARC-8 wheels, now is the time! The more people that join, the greater the discount (up to $150 off and free shipping). I am signed up a set of four 17x8.5" ET40 wheels in Hyper Black. Colors are, from left to right, Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, Anthracite, Satin Black

https://www.groupbuyparts.com/media/GB-Images/17ARC8-Concave/ARC-8-Colors.png

Why did I pick these wheels? A few reasons:

They're much lighter than the style 135 wheels that came with our ZHPs (~28 lbs vs. ~17 lbs). That lower weight means less unsprung weight, which improves handling and comfort.
The looks. They look great in my opinion, OEM-esque. That, and they are an homage to an older era of motorsport racing that resonates with me.
The smaller diameter 17" wheel means the accompanied tires are cheaper compared to their 18" counterparts. The smaller diameter also means that most tires will have taller sidewalls which should improve ride comfort a bit (depending on tire compound and size).
The design allows me to upgrade to a big brake kit down the road if I should feel the need.
Lastly, several members here (and on other forums) have these wheels in different fitments and have liked them with very few issues to speak of.

Some more info on the ARC-8 wheel:

Quick Summary:
The ARC-8 was designed to have the perfect balance of performance, fit, durability, and value. From the daily driver to a professional racecar, the ARC-8 delivers style along with performance and features that make it the perfect wheel, no matter how you drive your BMW.

Manufacturing:
The ARC-8 is produced using the Flow-forming technique. Flow-forming, which has also been called 'spin forging', produces a barrel with similar strength to that of a fully forged wheel. This significantly reduces weight in the barrel, which has the greatest impact on rotational mass and performance. By combining the strength of a forged, lightweight barrel and a more robust face design, we've produced a wheel that welcomes endurance racing, hard driving, and even potholes.

Other Features:
Designed for spacerless fitment for most applications

Minimizes the requirement for spacers to achieve a perfect fit
Maximize wheel/tire width with model-specific fitments
Seventeen inch sizes reduce tire cost for track day wheels

Spoke design and barrel work together to create additional brake clearance

Seventeens have clearance for up to 355mm BBKs in many applications

Mesh design

Load is more evenly distributed to reduce stress and enhance durability
Aesthetics aren't compromised to create strength

Lipless design

Maximizes strength in the most vulnerable area of the wheel
Greatly reduces bends and damage from small impacts

APEX ARC-8 wheels are JWL tested and VIA certified

Each size and fitment is tested and certified

Factory Fit

Designed for BMW applications, the ARC-8 accepts TPMS sensors, factory lug bolts or stud conversion kits, and OEM roundel center caps.
All wheels come with APEX center caps.

Open center

Easy lug access and reduced weight

Unpainted lug recesses

Prevents wheel bolts or lug nuts from loosening
Mounting wheels does not damage the finish

The ARC-8 is perfect for street, track, and race.

Source: http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/ARC-8-Wheels/17x8-5-ET40-APEX-ARC-8-Wheel.html#details

For info on how the group buy works see below or APEX's post on E46Fanatics, linked below:
(Info below is quoted directly from the E46Fanatics post here: http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095070)

Tiers
1-9 Members = Free Shipping
10-19 Members = $25 Discount + Free Shipping
20-29 Members = $50 Discount + Free Shipping
30-39 Members = $75 Discount + Free Shipping
40-49 Members = $100 Discount + Free Shipping
50-59 Members = $120 Discount + Free Shipping
60-69 Members = $130 Discount + Free Shipping
70-79 Members = $140 Discount + Free Shipping
80+ Members = $150 Discount + Free Shipping

What wheels are included in this Group Buy?
17x8.5" ET40 - All Colors
17x9.0" ET42 - All Colors
17x9.0" ET30 - All Colors
17x9.5" ET35 - All Colors

Sizes not available:
17x9.0" ET42 (Subaru/FRS bolt pattern), 17x8.0" ET20, 17x8.5" ET20, 17x10" ET25, 17x10.5" ET27 (Be notified of pre-orders for these special 17" sizes)

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?
No problem! We're new here and so you will probably have questions... Just contact us at expert@apexraceparts.com or by direct message and we will get an answer for you about our products or how to joining the Group Buy.

Group Buy Link (with even more info on the wheels and how the group buy works):
https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index.php/group-deals/apex-17-arc-8-wheels-q1-2016.html

Go Horns!
01-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Love my 17" Arc-8s

Imola with Hyper Black

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/765/20607505261_b45bf57af3_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/xp1RmR)

BMWCurves
01-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Looks good! I'm excited for mine.

BMWCurves
01-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Now at 47 interested people i.e. $100 off and free shipping.

derbo
01-15-2016, 11:01 PM
I love my 17x8.5 +40 Anthracite. :D

BMWCurves
01-16-2016, 09:39 AM
I love my 17x8.5 +40 Anthracite. :D

They look good, part of what made me make the jump to 17s

Group buy now has 51 interested parties and currently a discount of $120 with free shipping!

bosszhp
01-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Man I wish I didn't buy Michel PSS's in stock 18' sizes a few months ago or I would hop on these. Waiting or another 18' group buy...

derbo
01-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Man I wish I didn't buy Michel PSS's in stock 18' sizes a few months ago or I would hop on these. Waiting or another 18' group buy...

Those can go to the stock ZHP :)

-Sent from Mobile

derbo
01-16-2016, 01:05 PM
They look good, part of what made me make the jump to 17s

Group buy now has 51 interested parties and currently a discount of $120 with free shipping!

17s are cheaper for tires. That's all I really cared about it.

-Sent from Mobile

az3579
01-17-2016, 09:08 AM

Tires wear out... you could buy these and put tires on them when you're ready. ;)

ELCID86
01-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Tires wear out... you could buy these and put tires on them when you're ready. ;)

Stop encouraging him (me!). :biggrin

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

az3579
01-17-2016, 12:45 PM

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic
Don't forget the big discount. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

ELCID86
01-17-2016, 12:49 PM
YOU!!

---

bosszhp
01-17-2016, 03:27 PM

---

It's ok I have my eyes set on either some VMR VB03's or other CSL reps now. But I probably won't pull the trigger on any, I just obsess over a set then another set and never buy any!

ELCID86
01-17-2016, 05:01 PM
It's ok I have my eyes set on either some VMR VB03's or other CSL reps now. But I probably won't pull the trigger on any, I just obsess over a set then another set and never buy any!

I like the VMRs too.

---

Vas
01-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Hmm how realistic is it to make the 17x9 et30 fit on the zhp? They offer that wheel in the face 3 which is the deep concavity.

slater
01-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Hmm how realistic is it to make the 17x9 et30 fit on the zhp? They offer that wheel in the face 3 which is the deep concavity.

17x9 ET30 would be really wide on a ZHP. i can't even run an 18x8.5" ET40 with 255/35/18 PSS out back without rubbing. that was at stock height and -1.8º camber.

you'd need some stretched tires, and that's never a good idea.

17x9 ET42 would even be tight.

peter

BMWCurves
01-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Now with 63 interested parties good for $130 off and free shipping.

BMWCurves
01-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Now at $140 off with 72 people interested. Includes free shipping. Only eight more people until the maximum discount of $150 off is unlocked!

Just_George
01-20-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm on the list as interested, but my current thinking is that I'll pass. Don't like the limited selection of widths available in the 17" diameter...

NoVAphotog
01-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Now at $140 off with 72 people interested. Includes free shipping. Only eight more people until the maximum discount of $150 off is unlocked!

I've got my mind back in it with you William for the 17x8.5" Hyper Silver. Why not...I want to experience lighter wheels on my car plus have a dedicated set to use aggressively so I don't need to be burning through the stock setup and PSS's. Go with a cheaper tire that's smaller and can be rotated.

Plus these, the suspension and the LSD will make for one heck of a "zhp experience."

BMWCurves
01-20-2016, 12:26 PM
@Just_George: What width did you want, 8"?

@Daniel: Awesome! It really should make for a great handling car with your PSSs and LSD.

Just_George
01-20-2016, 01:03 PM
@Just_George: What width did you want, 8"?

Yes....I'd much prefer a 17" x 8" et42, but that's not an option. I really don't want to run 245s all the way around. I may hold off and hope for a similar buy on 18" wheels, still thinking about it.

Vas
01-20-2016, 01:10 PM
I've got my mind back in it with you William for the 17x8.5" Hyper Silver. Why not...I want to experience lighter wheels on my car plus have a dedicated set to use aggressively so I don't need to be burning through the stock setup and PSS's. Go with a cheaper tire that's smaller and can be rotated.

Plus these, the suspension and the LSD will make for one heck of a "zhp experience."

Here we go again. Round and round on a carousel.

NoVAphotog
01-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Here we go again. Round and round on a carousel.

BMWCurves
01-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Yes....I'd much prefer a 17" x 8" et42, but that's not an option. I really don't want to run 245s all the way around. I may hold off and hope for a similar buy on 18" wheels, still thinking about it.

An 18" group buy will most likely come around again this year, but APEX doesn't make anything smaller than 18x8.5" in the ARC-8.

http://i.imgur.com/qlD0ZPw.gif

ELCID86
01-20-2016, 02:24 PM

The saga continues ;-)

---

BMWCurves
01-21-2016, 03:08 PM
The maximum $150 off with free shipping has been reached! 84 people are currently interested.

MtechJon
01-22-2016, 09:53 PM
How well will the 8.5 et 40 fit on stock zhp suspension

NoVAphotog
01-22-2016, 11:56 PM
How well will the 8.5 et 40 fit on stock zhp suspension
No issues.

AggieBlake
01-25-2016, 02:28 PM
I'm registered on this group buy for 17 x 8.5 in Anthracite, but am wondering if hyper black would look better. I have a titanium silver metallic ZHP at stock ride height. I found pics online of the same color ZHP with hyper silvers and hyper blacks, but couldn't find any pics of my color car with anthracite 17". Anyone got a pic of that so I can compare?

BMWCurves
01-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Taking the plunge, eh?

Below is a pic of a Silver Gray M3 with Anthracite wheels, I believe. Not quite the same as Titanium Silver, but a light-ish exterior paint color to give you an idea. You should post in the group buy thread on E46Fanatics started by a guy from Apex and ask if they have any pictures of your ideal setup, they probably do. Link to the thread: http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095070

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8206/8252707947_7e168c304b_c.jpg

AggieBlake
01-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Great idea, will do! Yeah, I'm in. At least that's the plan. I'm still planning on selling the ZHP wheels and tires I've got after the new wheels arrive. Got to offset some of the cost.

derbo
01-25-2016, 08:35 PM
I like how they still use my car :D

http://i.imgur.com/OTWXcMQh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sfXnvRQh.jpg

BMWCurves
02-09-2016, 08:49 AM
The group guy opens in ~15 hours and there are currently 194 interested people. Ordering is on a first-order basis so make sure you order as early as possible so that they don't run out of your size and color preference!

BMWCurves
02-10-2016, 08:17 AM
The group buy is now live! For those of you interested, be sure to log in and lock in your order!

Here's how this phase works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdtzLLfMrc8

AggieBlake
02-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Done. 17x8.5 in hyper black pledged at the $150 off level.

Question: will the TPMS and valve stems on our stock ZHP wheels fit these w/o modification?

san
02-10-2016, 10:57 AM

Question: will the TPMS and valve stems on our stock ZHP wheels fit these w/o modification?

I believe zhp's came with tpms based on wheels speed rather than a physical sensor on the wheel, so shouldn't have any issues wrt to tpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
02-10-2016, 11:08 AM

They should. According to their website:

"Designed for BMW applications, the ARC-8 accepts TPMS sensors, factory lug bolts or stud conversion kits, and OEM roundel center caps."

Source: http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/ARC-8-Wheels/17x8-5-ET40-APEX-ARC-8-Wheel.html#details

EDIT: I'm 95% sure E46 TPMS system doesn't have individual sensors in each wheel, and is based upon hub speed. Here is Joop's TPMS retrofit DIY that discusses this point: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11072-OEM-TPMS-Retrofit-The-full-package-doityourself

I am not sure whether the valve stems transfer over or not. I assume they do. Does anyone that has ARC-8 speak to the matter?

BMWCurves
02-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Also, as listed in the Group Buy page:

TPMS Sensors - They all fit
TPMS sensors, which monitor tire pressure, are one piece of technology that can't be compromised. The attention to OEM compatibility on the ARC-8 wheel doesn't end with center caps. All APEX wheels accept OEM and aftermarket equivalent BMW TPMS sensors, and any standard sized metal or rubber valve stem.

Wheel Hardware - Original or Aftermarket, it all works
The ARC-8 wheel can be used with all OEM and aftermarket mounting hardware with a 60° tapered seat. Lug bolts, wheel locks, and stud conversion kits all work perfectly. The ARC-8 wheel also accepts wheel spacers without issue. The shallow rear chamfer allows the wheel to remain hub centric even when 5mm flat spacers are used. The chamfer is deep enough to clear the chamfered lip found on some aftermarket spacers that would typically cause improper seating of the wheel and, therefore, wheel vibration.

AggieBlake
02-10-2016, 12:15 PM
I believe zhp's came with tpms based on wheels speed rather than a physical sensor on the wheel, so shouldn't have any issues wrt to tpms

That's good to know! Thanks.

danewilson77
02-10-2016, 12:29 PM
The group buy is now live! For those of you interested, be sure to log in and lock in your order!

Here's how this phase works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdtzLLfMrc8

Be like Bob.

BMWCurves
02-10-2016, 02:45 PM
For clarification, I sent APEX an email:

Hello,

I have a 2005 BMW E46 330Ci ZHP with TPMS and plan on purchasing a set of four ARC-8 17x8.5 ET40 from the ongoing group buy. Since I have TPMS but it is an E46, I believe the TPMS does not have individual sensors in each wheel, correct? I'm trying to confirm that I do not need to purchase additional parts such as new valve stems or TPMS sensors and am wondering if I can just transfer them over from my stock Style 135 wheels that came from the factory. Please let me know, thanks!

I received the following response:

Will,

For the e46, you are correct. Now despite the fact that the car does not use TPMS sensors, you can still install our color matched metal valve stems, instead of using the cheap rubbing ones that come from the tire shop. This is not a must, but certainly an upgrade. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Ryan March
APEX Race Parts
Direct: (925) 605-7397
Main Office: (925) 245-0773

MtechJon
02-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Put in the order for satin black 8.5" cant wait!

BMWCurves
02-11-2016, 09:53 PM
64 people have pledged, just need 16 more to lock in $150 off and free shipping!

BMWCurves
02-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Just 3 more people need to lock in until everyone gets $150 off!

BMWCurves
02-13-2016, 11:45 PM
80+ people have pledged and so the top tier discount of $150 and free shipping has been unlocked!

Lighter wheels and nice aesthetics here we come! Choo choo motherf*ckers!

EDIT: I am just very excited for my wheels.

NoVAphotog
02-14-2016, 05:27 AM
80+ people have pledged and so the top tier discount of $150 and free shipping has been unlocked!

Lighter wheels and nice aesthetics here we come! Choo choo motherf*ckers!

EDIT: I am just very excited for my wheels.

Uhhh... :p

+1

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

05Imola
02-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Ok I'm on board now. Not sure which size I should buy. 17x8.5 or 17x9. Most likely running 255-40-17s since they are on sale on tire rack. Someone give me some insight to my cluttered mind. I've been looking at wheels obsessively fro the last 36 hrs lol

NoVAphotog
02-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Ok I'm on board now. Not sure which size I should buy. 17x8.5 or 17x9. Most likely running 255-40-17s since they are on sale on tire rack. Someone give me some insight to my cluttered mind. I've been looking at wheels obsessively fro the last 36 hrs lol

I'm doing 17x8.5 because it's "normal." With 245/40/17. Rather not put 255's up front...

05Imola
02-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Well, we do run a 255-40 on the rear stock size so I don't think it would be much different. I just don't want to run a spacer this time around or have to excessively roll the fenders

BMWCurves
02-14-2016, 09:26 AM

I'm doing 17x8.5 because it's "normal." With 245/40/17. Rather not put 255's up front...

Excellent. I agree with Daniel, 17x8.5 because I can't imagine I'd be going bigger than 255s (I already fear increased tramlining with my planned 245/40R17s all around). The two reasons I could see going 17x9" is the concave look due to the smaller offset (ET30 of the 9" vs ET40 of the 8.5") and each wheel is lighter (0.7 lbs with the 9"). However 9" is pretty wide, not sure if you'll have rubbing issues or not without rolling fenders/spacers, and the additional weight loss probably won't be noticeable since you're already coming from ~28 lbs per wheel in the Style 135s.

Someone with more fitment experience can weigh in on how 17x9" would do.

az3579
02-14-2016, 09:26 AM
Well, we do run a 255-40 on the rear stock size so I don't think it would be much different. I just don't want to run a spacer this time around or have to excessively roll the fenders

You will have to roll the fenders a little to get the et40 offset to work with 255 tires in the rear, if your car is lowered. If it isn't, then I don't know - can't provide any stock-height insight on that. You most definitely will not need spacers.

MtechJon
02-14-2016, 09:27 AM
/\ im going with 245/40/17 Michelin super sports for my 17x8.5" ;)

BMWCurves
02-14-2016, 09:29 AM
/\ im going with 245/40/17 Michelin super sports for my 17x8.5" ;)

Haha now I want a head count for how many members are picking up these wheels right now.

NoVAphotog
02-14-2016, 09:34 AM

And that's overkill...only reason i did that was because I didn't know any better and wanted to stay stock stay worry free at the time. Do it over again I would do 245s in the rear. Cars don't make power to justify 255s it's a looks and prestige thing...

Vas
02-14-2016, 10:01 AM
And that's overkill...only reason i did that was because I didn't know any better and wanted to stay stock stay worry free at the time. Do it over again I would do 245s in the rear. Cars don't make power to justify 255s it's a looks and prestige thing...

If that's the case then a 245 is overkill as well.

The car would be fine with a 235 section width all all round.

05Imola
02-14-2016, 10:12 AM
If that's the case then a 245 is overkill as well.

The car would be fine with a 235 section width all all round.

225 section would be perfect for these cars :p
Well I ordered the 17x8.5 BUT I will go for the 255-40 since I'll be doing AutoX and I prefer the meaty look. Being on sale and the Rivals not coming in a 245 did a lot of the persuasion. The only other tire in the price range is the Hankook RS-3 and I just dont like the characteristics of the tire

Vas
02-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Yeah track use is a different story when it comes to tires. But for a street car staying with what bmw engineers created is not a bad thing.

az3579
02-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Yeah track use is a different story when it comes to tires. But for a street car staying with what bmw engineers created is not a bad thing.

Actually, in the case of the ZHP, it is a bad thing even for street use. It's not financially ideal to stick with stock tire sizes. 225/255 means you can't properly rotate. You also end up paying more for the rear tires, which are usually the first to wear out anyway.

A square setup is a better approach. You get better performance and better value for your money.

Vas
02-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Actually, in the case of the ZHP, it is a bad thing even for street use. It's not financially ideal to stick with stock tire sizes. 225/255 means you can't properly rotate. You also end up paying more for the rear tires, which are usually the first to wear out anyway.

A square setup is a better approach. You get better performance and better value for your money.
I don't consider it a bad thing. Tires are tires.

MtechJon
02-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Haha now I want a head count for how many members are picking up these wheels right now.

Do I smell a group buy for tires :mob

az3579
02-14-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't consider it a bad thing. Tires are tires.
Sure, tires are tires, and money is money. I'd rather not throw money down the drain and be more frustrated doing it. :dunno

ELCID86
02-14-2016, 12:54 PM

You are??

---

Vas
02-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Sure, tires are tires, and money is money. I'd rather not throw money down the drain and be more frustrated doing it. :dunno

I don't see it as down the drain. Every two years or slightly more is as new set of Tires. Tires are one of the most important parts of the car that affects handling,braking etc. Don't see it afresh frustrating but more exciting.

BMWCurves
02-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Received a shipping confirmation from APEX and UPS, my set should arrive tomorrow. Anyone else?

NoVAphotog
02-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Received a shipping confirmation from APEX and UPS, my set should arrive tomorrow. Anyone else?

Nothing yet E-mail or tracking wise, but on the site in the shipping section it has a separate shipment number but no tracking?

05Imola
02-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Nothing yet. They didn't even charge my CC yet

BMWCurves
02-24-2016, 09:48 AM
I got two emails from GroupBuyParts, one when the group buy closed initially six days ago, and then one two days ago confirming my final order. Yesterday I received an email from APEX giving me an order number separate from the GroupBuyParts order number and also two tracking numbers.

They're probably still sorting through and packing up your orders?

NoVAphotog
02-24-2016, 10:19 AM
I got two emails from GroupBuyParts, one when the group buy closed initially six days ago, and then one two days ago confirming my final order. Yesterday I received an email from APEX giving me an order number separate from the GroupBuyParts order number and also two tracking numbers.

They're probably still sorting through and packing up your orders?

I got the final order one and my payment has been processed so I must be right behind you! :roundel

MtechJon
02-24-2016, 11:16 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160224/b5b1d69b3b21a2be05a3745ec172bf18.jpg

Got order confirmation Monday no tracking

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

NoVAphotog
02-25-2016, 01:41 PM
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Est. arrival 3/3/16.

BMWCurves
02-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Received mine today!

san
02-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Received mine today!

Pics?

BMWCurves
02-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Pics?

They're gorgeous. I think they'll look great on my OB!

http://i.imgur.com/6jeK6ms.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mlGveMG.jpg

AggieBlake
02-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Looks great, William! I went with hyper black, too. They've shipped and are scheduled to arrive on Monday.

In the meantime, I'm trying to track down the very best price I can find on MPSS 245/40/17. Costco deal is good, but it's a 3 hour round trip to the nearest one. Looks like Discount Tire is the best for me when you take into account shipping and installation. Have you purchased your tires yet? If so, from where?

san
02-25-2016, 04:15 PM
They're gorgeous. I think they'll look great on my OB!

http://i.imgur.com/6jeK6ms.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mlGveMG.jpg

They look good!

BMWCurves
02-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Looks great, William! I went with hyper black, too. They've shipped and are scheduled to arrive on Monday.

In the meantime, I'm trying to track down the very best price I can find on MPSS 245/40/17. Costco deal is good, but it's a 3 hour round trip to the nearest one. Looks like Discount Tire is the best for me when you take into account shipping and installation. Have you purchased your tires yet? If so, from where?

Nice, I think Hyper Black will look good on TiAg.

I already bought some tires, four 245/40R17 Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. I contemplated other brands and models (the want for PSSs is strong) but I have experience with the Continentals and they've got good wet grip which is a must in my region. Plus, after rebates, the set was $482 shipped. I bought them through Discount Tire Direct while they had a President's Day sale, $75-$100 off select tires when bought in a set of four, and always free shipping. I wish I had known you were looking, they were selling sets of PSS in 245/40R17 for $612 after rebate.

Let me know what you end up doing!

MtechJon
02-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Sweet rims! Now I'm getting really excited Finally got tracking. Purchase my tires 245 40 r17 Michelin super sport 695 including tax installed rotated and everything out the door

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

AggieBlake
02-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Out of curiosity, what are you all doing for valve stems on these Arc-8's?

NoVAphotog
02-25-2016, 08:28 PM

Whatever the tire shop uses?

AggieBlake
02-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Whatever the tire shop uses?

That's what I'm assuming will be easiest, but I'm not sure they'll have anything other than the all-black rubber ones. Before I go by and check, I thought I'd get a sense of what my options are.

NoVAphotog
02-25-2016, 08:41 PM
That's what I'm assuming will be easiest, but I'm not sure they'll have anything other than the all-black rubber ones. Before I go by and check, I thought I'd get a sense of what my options are.

:thumbsup

05Imola
02-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Got an email saying they'll be here on 3/3 woohoo. Also my tires came before my wheels. Can you say meaty?? :D

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/danserban/zhp/E5EA62D7-0F08-4AD2-9137-C3B49FA309D2.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/danserban/media/zhp/E5EA62D7-0F08-4AD2-9137-C3B49FA309D2.jpg.html)

J0hnny Ray
02-25-2016, 09:43 PM
man, I wish I knew about this group buy a few weeks ago. I guess I'll have to wait until the next one.

BMWCurves
02-25-2016, 10:33 PM

I'm just using whatever the shop uses, most likely regular old rubber valve stems.

I thought about metal ones...but don't really see the point other than aesthetics and rubber stems have never bothered me.

Got an email saying they'll be here on 3/3 woohoo. Also my tires came before my wheels. Can you say meaty?? :D

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/danserban/zhp/E5EA62D7-0F08-4AD2-9137-C3B49FA309D2.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/danserban/media/zhp/E5EA62D7-0F08-4AD2-9137-C3B49FA309D2.jpg.html)

255/40/R17s are big!

man, I wish I knew about this group buy a few weeks ago. I guess I'll have to wait until the next one.

I'm sure there will be another.

derbo
02-25-2016, 11:36 PM
get some metal valvestems guys :)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=208

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/TPMS-Sensors-and-Valves/BMW-OEM-TPMS-Valve-stem.html

MtechJon
02-26-2016, 07:01 AM
get some metal valvestems guys :)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=208

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/TPMS-Sensors-and-Valves/BMW-OEM-TPMS-Valve-stem.html

is there any benefit to getting the metal ones?

NoVAphotog
02-26-2016, 07:12 AM
is there any benefit to getting the metal ones?

"High-pressure metal clamp-in valves can be used with virtually any wheel and are highly recommended for all track activities, as well as when vehicle speeds may exceed 130 mph. Metal clamp-in valves use a rubber grommet to seal against the wheel when their retaining nut is tightened."

AggieBlake
02-26-2016, 07:23 AM
I went with the metal ones at my local Discount Tire for the reasons quoted on the TireRack link above. They're running a nice rebate on Michelins and I couldn't find a better price anywhere. Still kicking myself for missing that President's Day sale they had. But pleased with the overall price. Beat Costco and TireRack by a little bit when everything was taken into account.

05Imola
02-26-2016, 07:30 AM
I'm just using whatever the shop uses, most likely regular old rubber valve stems.

I thought about metal ones...but don't really see the point other than aesthetics and rubber stems have never bothered me.

255/40/R17s are big!

I'm sure there will be another.

They sure do look big. Should be a fun summer. As for valve stems, I've never had any issues on any of my previous cars. Sure they look nice but I wouldn't spend any money for them. Never had any issues with rubber ones for my "track" activities nor will I ever be over 130+mph for long periods of time..

NoVAphotog
02-26-2016, 07:44 AM
They sure do look big. Should be a fun summer. As for valve stems, I've never had any issues on any of my previous cars. Sure they look nice but I wouldn't spend any money for them. Never had any issues with rubber ones for my "track" activities nor will I ever be over 130+mph for long periods of time..

+1

Vas
02-26-2016, 07:51 AM
Metal one's are nicer and if you have OCD, well then...

MtechJon
02-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Ill just pass on the metal ones I dont see myself pushing my car that hard

AggieBlake
02-26-2016, 07:56 AM
I do have mild OCD :)

And they were only a dollar more each than rubber at Discount Tire. I felt like that was a small price to pay for peace of mind when I'm pushing 125+ on the front straight at my local track.

05Imola
02-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Whenever I mount and balance new wheels and tires they include the valve stems in the price so I never had to pay for them. For 1$ difference I would get it as well

MtechJon
02-26-2016, 08:05 AM
I should actually see I went to americas tire Ill ask them If they got them and if its not much ill probably get them

derbo
02-26-2016, 09:03 AM
I would buy metal ones cause you don't have to replace the valve stems when you replace tires. I have a few bad valve stems where it leaked at the stem.

-Sent from Mobile

05Imola
03-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Hope no one minds if I whore out my car a bit :D
I finally installed my Apex wheels wrapped with BFG G force rivals. I'm in love. The wheels are so much lighter. The car revs out quicker for sure. I have a bit of rubbing in the rear but nothing in the front which was surprising since I'm running 255-40-17 square on 17x8.5 Did I say I'm in love?
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/danserban/zhp/F1E855FE-528A-4FD4-A6FD-312377623827.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/danserban/media/zhp/F1E855FE-528A-4FD4-A6FD-312377623827.jpg.html)
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/danserban/zhp/8B992341-5A3A-41B0-826C-47F44600EC4A.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/danserban/media/zhp/8B992341-5A3A-41B0-826C-47F44600EC4A.jpg.html)
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/danserban/zhp/7651B6F9-5435-4BBA-849D-5341E969A25E.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/danserban/media/zhp/7651B6F9-5435-4BBA-849D-5341E969A25E.jpg.html)

FungShui
03-08-2016, 01:22 PM
I like it!

BMWCurves
03-08-2016, 04:40 PM
They look good! Hyper Silver looks appropriate on Imola. I've loved mine so far. I disagree with anyone that thinks 17s look to small on our cars, they suit it well. The ride is definitely a little more compliant as you say.

:cheers

Just a quick note, you state your tires are on 18x8.5" wheels, but I assume you meant 17x8.5"

05Imola
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM
You're right. I have fat fingers :D

san
03-08-2016, 05:41 PM
They look so good...
Makes me wish I bought a set

ELCID86
03-08-2016, 05:48 PM
They look so good...
Makes me wish I bought a set

18" group buy... ;-)

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Vas
03-08-2016, 06:05 PM
18" now we are talking

san
03-08-2016, 06:32 PM
18" group buy... ;-)

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Defeats the purpose for me... I would buy 17" for tires being cheaper and weight saving... 18" probably look better but doesn't work for me [emoji4]

slater
03-08-2016, 06:39 PM
18" now we are talking

there is a group buy starting next week for them! $200 off and free shipping. likely the best deal we'll see for them.

BMWCurves
03-08-2016, 06:42 PM
There are some 18s in a group buy right now, but only in select fitments (the 18x8.5 ET45 I had wanted isn't in there):

https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index.php/group-deals/apex-18-arc-8-wheels-q1-2016.html

Vas
03-08-2016, 06:48 PM
18x9 etc 42 is what I'm after

slater
03-08-2016, 06:59 PM
There are some 18s in a group buy right now, but only in select fitments (the 18x8.5 ET45 I had wanted isn't in there):

https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index.php/group-deals/apex-18-arc-8-wheels-q1-2016.html

yeah, i emailed them about that fitment. that's the one i would want too.

holyc0w
03-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I like the concave wheels a bit more. Would the 17x9.5 et35 fit with a stock suspension set-up?