PDA

View Full Version : Car shaking at low idle and shuts off

NickZHP
01-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Starting yesterday when I would start my car it would take longer to start when I turned the ignition key and when it did start the engine would shake and the RPMs would get low then the car would shut off almost like its stalling. I can turn it on again and keep it on but the revs bounce back and forth betweem 500-1000 and the engine still shakes. Also when it drives, whatever gear I am in, when its under about 2k revs I have very little power and the acceleration is very choppy. Once i get to higher revs it acts normal and the power comes back. Could it be a bad fuel pump? No codes were thrown.

Just went to go start it again and now it won't even start.

johnrando
01-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Could be. How's the battery? Also, any smoke?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Johnmadd
01-21-2016, 04:04 PM
Intake boots in good shape?

NickZHP
01-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Could be. How's the battery? Also, any smoke?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Battery is fine, no smoke. I'll go check the intake boots but I am pretty sure its the fuel pump.

BustedBoat
01-29-2016, 07:22 AM
Check your intake as others have suggested. I had the same issue years ago. Really rough start with bad idle. Giving it a little gas solved it until the next start up. Turns out one of my injectors was leaking pretty bad. Replaced it and the problem was solved. I honestly don't know how to check for that though so maybe the other members can chime in?

san
01-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Have you cleaned the idle control valve recently??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
01-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Have you cleaned the idle control valve recently??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

sillieidiot
01-30-2016, 02:07 PM
sounds like a vacuum leak