theothersawyer
01-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Man, those are beautiful!

ELCID86
01-28-2016, 06:40 PM
GLWS. Those are some serious tires.

That's what I was thinking!

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

05Imola
01-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Thanks! These are by far my favorite tires. I've had star specs on one of my past cars and they were a bit more grippy but were louder and wore quicker.

BMWCurves
01-29-2016, 09:28 AM
The links to your pics are broken for me.

theothersawyer
01-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Location?

05Imola
01-29-2016, 09:56 AM
The links to your pics are broken for me.

My photobucket is down for maintenance it seems. I'll check again later today

05Imola
01-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Location?

Upstate Ny or NYC

bosszhp
02-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Willing to separate the tires/rims? My Michelin PSS's (in stock rim size) still have a ton of life left so don't want to take them off already but I love the finish on your 135's.

05Imola
02-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Willing to separate the tires/rims? My Michelin PSS's (in stock rim size) still have a ton of life left so don't want to take them off already but I love the finish on your 135's.

I'm downsizing to 17s so I have no use for them. If I find someone that would want the tires I would have no problem separating.

bosszhp
02-01-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm downsizing to 17s so I have no use for them. If I find someone that would want the tires I would have no problem separating.

Understood [emoji106]🏻

ecrabb
02-01-2016, 05:23 PM
The wheels look great. It's making me rethink my "gunmetal" medium metallic choice. The two-step E39 shadow chrome is more expensive, but damn it looks good!

GLWS!

SC

05Imola
02-01-2016, 05:37 PM
The wheels look great. It's making me rethink my "gunmetal" medium metallic choice. The two-step E39 shadow chrome is more expensive, but damn it looks good!

GLWS!

SC

It really is a beautiful finish. They wanted $215 a wheel but I know someone at the shop and received a nice discount. From what I've seen online, pricing really varies. If you shop around the price can be more reasonable

johnrando
02-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Since they are stock I'm guessing they are staggered (8F, 8.5R)?

05Imola
02-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Since they are stock I'm guessing they are staggered (8F, 8.5R)?

Yessir. And stock tire sizes. Although these tires are known to run a bit wide.

ecrabb
02-02-2016, 09:38 AM
It really is a beautiful finish. They wanted $215 a wheel but I know someone at the shop and received a nice discount. From what I've seen online, pricing really varies. If you shop around the price can be more reasonable

Wow, $215 a wheel is pricey. Ouch. Is that the place in South Carolina or whatever that's so well-known in the E39 M5 community? If they can get $215/wheel, more power to 'em.

I'm looking at about $100/wheel for powder-coating a single color, or $150/wheel if I wanted a two-step color like the shadow chrome. That's a well-known, well-regarded local shop that does a lot of really nice projects. It's extra if a couple of the wheels need any straightening or aluminum filling/welding on the rim. He said they usually just smooth them out, which I don't like. I'd rather have material added than taken away.

If anybody's interested, here's the guys I'm talking to...
https://www.facebook.com/armorpowdercoatings/

It's fun just to scroll through their photos to see the variety of projects. They do that hydro-dipping thing, too and have a couple of videos. Nothing I'd put on my own car, but it's an amazing process.

SC

johnrando
02-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Very cool work, thanks for posting.

ecrabb
02-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Sorry to clutter up your FS thread, 05Imola! At least the chit-chat is bumping it up to the top! ;)

Somebody should grab these, though. The asking price isn't that much more than just refinishing a set. Even if you have to ship, this could be a good deal.

I'm even thinking about it grabbing them and just selling mine, but I think being on the opposite side of the continent, I'm looking at another couple-hundred bucks in shipping.

Cheers,
SC

BMWCurves
02-02-2016, 02:14 PM
I don't think shipping's that bad. Probably $60-100 if you can put two wheels to a box.

05Imola
02-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Wow, $215 a wheel is pricey. Ouch. Is that the place in South Carolina or whatever that's so well-known in the E39 M5 community? If they can get $215/wheel, more power to 'em.

I'm looking at about $100/wheel for powder-coating a single color, or $150/wheel if I wanted a two-step color like the shadow chrome. That's a well-known, well-regarded local shop that does a lot of really nice projects. It's extra if a couple of the wheels need any straightening or aluminum filling/welding on the rim. He said they usually just smooth them out, which I don't like. I'd rather have material added than taken away.

If anybody's interested, here's the guys I'm talking to...
https://www.facebook.com/armorpowdercoatings/

It's fun just to scroll through their photos to see the variety of projects. They do that hydro-dipping thing, too and have a couple of videos. Nothing I'd put on my own car, but it's an amazing process.

SC

The place I went to is in Queens Ny and they do mostly oem setups from dealers. I'm sure that's why they wanted so much. My wheels were horribly curbed tho and they had to add material.

I don't think shipping's that bad. Probably $60-100 if you can put two wheels to a box.

Last time I shipped wheels was probably 2012 and it cost around 160. The boxes were huge and I wouldn't stack them with the heavy 135s haha. If I were to ship I would probably just cover the faces and wrap them in plastic wrap.