PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy: Gruppe M 330 Intake (Feeler Status)

FungShui
02-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Basic Information:

Vendor: http://www.xposed.com.au/
Product Link: http://www.xposed.com.au/bmw-3-series-e46-330i-330ci.html#image_1
Current Online Price (2/29/16): 730 AUD
Shipping: 120 AUD

Purpose:
Given from the number of interest here, comes a thread to try make this GB happen. Currently this is a feeler thread if you are interested put your name down on the list. The vendor will not provide how much of a discount until we can commit a number. For the sake of transparency, the vendor has asked to me list people who are willing to purchase at the full price and shipping but can expect a discount. Again we won't know the number until we get a volume.

Description:

GruppeM has developed the special carbon duct case for BMW 3-Series E46 330i 330Ci RAM AIR SYSTEM while using the maximum space of the BMW 3-Series E46 330i 330Ci engine room. The Gruppe-M RAM air filter intake system can stop heat temperature inside engine room and can leads cool fresh air from front section.

This GruppeM intake can make more torque and increase maximum power from middle range rpm to high range rpm than stock intake and you can feel better accelerate and aggressive intake sound.

Genuine GruppeM RAM AIR SYSTEM is mounted with an individual serial number plate on each carbon intake, and management of each of these goods are by this unique serial number.

The limited model which pursued total performance.
It is exclusive design classified by type of each car with carbon intake duct.
K&N four layers wet cotton filter adoption.
The maintenance can make long life works.
The Gruppe M BMW 3-Series E46 330i 330Ci intake kit fitting adapter is designed to fit as a bolt-on design. Beautifully installed to fit flawlessly and neatly as an original component, the carbon fibre duct exudes an overwhelming presence.

Whats Included
The kit includes all that's needed to install the Gruppe M RAM AIR SYSTEM into your BMW 3-Series E46 330i 330Ci, such as adapters, bolts and hoses. Each of the components are of the highest standard in order to deliver supreme performance.

* Installation is basically a bolt-on installation. According to the model, detaching the bumper may be required.

Maintenance
The K&N filter can be regenerated to as new condition with washing to give a wonderfully long life. The filter can be disassembled and washed to remove ingrained dirt without damaging the cotton. After washing and drying, by the application of filter oil, the filter is restored, showing 100% capability again

User images:

Video:

From our own Derbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDwc-benMqo&ab_channel=DerekNg

References:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=653046

Alight guys, its on like Donkey Kong!
Final Price:
$610 USD. I am collecting 3% extra to compensate for the recent trend in AUD to USD currency fluctuation as seen in the last week of trading. I am not interested in collecting any extra money. Any remainder from the order will be refunded back via Paypal.

The vendor will send out shipments containing 4 intakes. Ideally, we will have 4 members who are relatively close to each other to help deliver or ship (minimize shipping cost). I am limiting this group buy to the first 12 committed members who have paid (3 shipments). There maybe another chance of a 4th shipment but from the feeler list it is unlikely.

PM your name and I will put you on the list. Once you send $610 as a gift to Jasonfung93@gmail.com. If you don't want to send it as a gift, please include the Paypal fees. Once the payment has been confirmed I will mark you as paid.

Group Buy List as of 3/2/16 (8:25 AM PST):
Group1:
1. Fungshui [Paid]
2. Ecrabb [Paid]
3. Trancenation [Paid]
4. Johnrando [Paid]

Congratulations to Group 1. Your orders have been placed. Please wait up to 3 weeks for delivery to Fungshui's house. Then I will proceed to distribute it out.

The deadline is Tuesday March 8th . This way the first group's order doesn't get held up as I figure out where the shipments will go. Group 1 will have their intakes regardless if we get the second shipment fulfilled. Remember, we need to have 4 people for one shipment. If we fall short the vendor may not honor the price. But we will take that as a case by case basis and I will renegotiate on your behalf.

Boca_RatonZHP
02-29-2016, 05:05 PM
100% super down.

Current List:
1. Fungshui (ZHPMAFIA)
2. Boca_RatonZHP (ZHPMAFIA)

MtechJon
02-29-2016, 05:30 PM
Im definitely down,

BMWCurves
02-29-2016, 05:59 PM
Mmm...I'm interested. It would mean parting with my BMW Performance intake but...ooh that sound.

Thanks for putting this together!

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
2. Boca_RatonZHP (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)

FL116
02-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Hope this works out for you guys! I love mine and the sound brings so much joy to me when driving the ZHP. Good luck!! :thumbsup

RUS_ZHP
02-29-2016, 07:13 PM
I'm down
5. RUS_ZHP (zhpmafia)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cakM3
02-29-2016, 07:16 PM
but...ooh that sound.

I get to enjoy this sound every time I drive my ZHP William ;) For that matter.... I also get to enjoy the Gruppe M sound in my ///M as well :p

BMWCurves
02-29-2016, 07:39 PM
I get to enjoy this sound every time I drive my ZHP William ;) For that matter.... I also get to enjoy the Gruppe M sound in my ///M as well :p

I know, every time I see your engine bay(s) I get engine bay envy haha

Updated list:
1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)

derbo
02-29-2016, 07:43 PM
vrooom vrooom

GotZHP
02-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Leguna Seca has always been one of my favorite race tracks. So happy it is just up the coast from me now.

When is the group buy taking place potentially? Just got a new job and paychecks are rolling in again.

D1ESEL
02-29-2016, 08:34 PM
100% down

trancenation
02-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Updated list:
1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
7. trancenation (ZHPMafia)

mynamenumber
02-29-2016, 08:51 PM
I asked in a different thread, and I don't AT ALL mean to be annoying, but this upgrade is really for engine sound quality / fun, right? It's not an engine lifespan increaser, or a HP booster of any note, right?

To the buy:

Could the little silicon hose part be red or black instead of blue?

Isn't there a kevlar version of this item? Any advantage (especially to price)?

Any other VIDEOS of ZHPs with this installed??

bosszhp
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
After Bryant shorted me on selling his Gruppe M (can you blame him?) I am definitely down for this group buy ;)

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
7. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)

FL116
02-29-2016, 09:04 PM
After Bryant shorted me on selling his Gruppe M (can you blame him?) I am definitely down for this group buy ;)

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
7. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)

Sorry not sorry ;) lol hopefully this works out for you. Text me btw. We need to meet up sometime

05Imola
02-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Ugh you guys are killing me. Sign me up...

goodoo
02-29-2016, 09:35 PM
my baby has taken wings! not 100% though... good luck you guys

johnrando
02-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Sign me up. But, can you check the price to ship all to 1 address in the US?

ecrabb
02-29-2016, 10:53 PM
Damn you people! I hate you all! Well, my bank account hates you.

Sign me up for one.

I like John's idea, too. Shipping from Oz sucks royally, but we may be able to ship a large carton or two to save significantly on shipping and maybe even get a little bigger discount because they can ship one or two packages to one address instead of 15. Somebody would have the hassle of shipping, but if everybody emailed their own FedEx label to a receiver on the east coast, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just an idear.

SC

ecrabb
02-29-2016, 10:56 PM
1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)

BMWCurves
02-29-2016, 11:19 PM
Fixed:

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)

Fenrir
03-01-2016, 12:58 AM
I asked in a different thread, and I don't AT ALL mean to be annoying, but this upgrade is really for engine sound quality / fun, right? It's not an engine lifespan increaser, or a HP booster of any note, right?

To the buy:

Could the little silicon hose part be red or black instead of blue?

Isn't there a kevlar version of this item? Any advantage (especially to price)?

Any other VIDEOS of ZHPs with this installed??
A proper short ram intake will help the car breathe better and provide a minor HP and torque boost across the power band. Paired with a properly designed exhaust setup and a tune, it can make a real difference in how the car feels. Paired with OE exhaust, you'll breathe better and have a nice tone. Hp gains may be little but there.

If your setup is OEM, it looks good, sounds good, and can swing the power band a little. If you plan on more aftermarket mods (exhaust) it can be well worth it to invest in a decent short ram or true cold air setup to complement them. Some mods by themselves offer little gain right away.. When you put them together, it can make a real difference.

Something like this is more of a supporting mod than a standalone wonder fix. Doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be done on its own. But making a car inhale better is only as effective as it's exhale and vice versa... With a bit more emphasis on the exhale, lol.

That said, this is a highly sought after item in the E46 community. The design is outstanding and is proven to work. Any chance to get one of these puppies at a discount is a good thing. The build quality is great and the eye/ear candy factor is phenomenal. Plus, if you decide to do exhaust and tuning later, you would already have one of the best intakes on the market.

Sent from a blue police box

jwalther
03-01-2016, 03:34 AM
1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)

redge
03-01-2016, 04:48 AM
1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)
13. redge (ZHPMafia)

ZHP_Brandon
03-01-2016, 05:40 AM
Damn it... I really WANT a CAI i take but I dont NEED one rn
I have plenty of other mods to accomplish before this becomes #1

Depending on the price of course will decide whether I pull the trigger on this [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

But f*¢k it lmao, SIGN ME UP

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)
13. redge (ZHPMafia)
14. ZHP_Brandon (ZHPMafia)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rguti153
03-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Wow so many ppl want this

slater
03-01-2016, 07:48 AM
tempting. lots o' money though. need a rip in my aFe-equipped car today to think about it. :)

the good thing about the GruppeM is that it would give me a lot more room in the engine bay for my catch can setup. hmmm.

BMWCurves
03-01-2016, 08:03 AM
tempting. lots o' money though. need a rip in my aFe-equipped car today to think about it. :)

the good thing about the GruppeM is that it would give me a lot more room in the engine bay for my catch can setup. hmmm.

Doo it.

FL116
03-01-2016, 08:04 AM

Do it!!

FungShui
03-01-2016, 08:22 AM
Leguna Seca has always been one of my favorite race tracks. So happy it is just up the coast from me now.

When is the group buy taking place potentially? Just got a new job and paychecks are rolling in again.

Going to give this thread roughly a week before we proceed further. However I will give the vendor updates on the feeler to try get some idea on the discount.

my baby has taken wings! not 100% though... good luck you guys

I thought you would be one of the first to sign up because your thread :).

Sign me up. But, can you check the price to ship all to 1 address in the US?

Will certainly do so. Shipping is one of the logistics that we need to work on.

Damn you people! I hate you all! Well, my bank account hates you.

Sign me up for one.

I like John's idea, too. Shipping from Oz sucks royally, but we may be able to ship a large carton or two to save significantly on shipping and maybe even get a little bigger discount because they can ship one or two packages to one address instead of 15. Somebody would have the hassle of shipping, but if everybody emailed their own FedEx label to a receiver on the east coast, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just an idear.

SC

I don't mind my house being a HUB to send out the intakes. Good idea on emailing the FedEx label, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Damn it... I really WANT a CAI i take but I dont NEED one rn
I have plenty of other mods to accomplish before this becomes #1

Depending on the price of course will decide whether I pull the trigger on this [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

But f*¢k it lmao, SIGN ME UP

Yes, come to the dark side. =D

slater
03-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Doo it.

Do it!!

you guys! man... you make it tough! :)

:cheers

ecrabb
03-01-2016, 09:10 AM
you guys! man... you make it tough! :)

:cheers

Heh heh... Sure no shortage of peer pressure around here! ;-)

SC

BADCLOWN
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Surprised there's this many guys interested in spending THAT much on an intake haha. Not to discount everyone's testimony on how nice it is but whew, lotta dough for one. That being said I'm glad there's that much interest. OP: you didn't need any help from me, first post is excellent/set up well.

Good luck guys!

slater
03-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Surprised there's this many guys interested in spending THAT much on an intake haha. Not to discount everyone's testimony on how nice it is but whew, lotta dough for one. That being said I'm glad there's that much interest. OP: you didn't need any help from me, first post is excellent/set up well.

Good luck guys!

i think a key part is going to be what the discount ends up being...

plus, the sound from derek's video is tantalizing...

az3579
03-01-2016, 10:03 AM
cks royally, but we may be able to ship a large carton or two to save significantly on shipping and maybe even get a little bigger discount because they can ship one or two packages to one address instead of 15. Somebody would have the hassle of shipping, but if everybody emailed their own FedEx label to a receiver on the east coast, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just an idear.

SC

I'm sure directly shipping to people would be cheaper overall than shipping it to one place first and then shipping to another from there. That one big shipping charge would probably come out to less doing direct ship.

FL116
03-01-2016, 10:06 AM
i think a key part is going to be what the discount ends up being...

This... I think the list will change depending on the discount.

ecrabb
03-01-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm sure directly shipping to people would be cheaper overall than shipping it to one place first and then shipping to another from there. That one big shipping charge would probably come out to less doing direct ship.

If that were true, there would be no incentive for people to import in bulk and resell. You still may be right, though as it would depend on the method of shipping.

I was just thinking 15 intakes at $80/ea is $1200 total. If we could get them all shipped to one locale in two boxes for half that, then each pay $20 for ground FedEx, it would still save $20/ea, but admittedly with significant increased hassle. It was just a thought.

SC

FungShui
03-01-2016, 10:22 AM

This is very true, hence why this is a feeler thread until we know the amount. If the numbers don't make sense then people will drop out including myself. If we do get to that point, I will continue to organize if there is still enough interest.

In the mean time let's keep the list growing :)

brownman
03-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Sign me up as well.

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)
13. redge (ZHPMafia)
15. brownman (ZHPMAfia)

FL116
03-01-2016, 10:53 AM
This is very true, hence why this is a feeler thread until we know the amount. If the numbers don't make sense then people will drop out including myself. If we do get to that point, I will continue to organize if there is still enough interest.

In the mean time let's keep the list growing :)

Agreed! Good luck! Hopefully everyone on ZHP MAFIA will have a GruppeM!

Snuffalufigus
03-01-2016, 01:35 PM
And me as well

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)
13. redge (ZHPMafia)
15. brownman (ZHPMAfia)
16. Snuffalufigus (ZHPMafia)

az3579
03-01-2016, 01:51 PM
If that were true, there would be no incentive for people to import in bulk and resell. You still may be right, though as it would depend on the method of shipping.

Yeah, except resellers don't pay the same amount to ship as an individual would.

cakM3
03-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Yeah, except resellers don't pay the same amount to ship as an individual would.

Are you glad you have your Gruppe M now Botond???[emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Ssparrow
03-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Man this is so tempting....

derbo
03-01-2016, 03:33 PM
It's purely for noise. I never felt any noticeable increase in power when I owned one.

-Sent from Mobile

cakM3
03-01-2016, 03:45 PM
It's purely for noise. I never felt any noticeable increase in power when I owned one.

I have to agree with Derek but with other mods (UUC Corsa TSE3, Performance Tune - Shark Injector, Sprint Booster and 3.46 Limited Diff) the Gruppe M CAI completes everything... the sound is intoxicating ;) It's like the icing on the cake... the finishing touch so to speak...

ZHP_Brandon
03-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Agreed, I know (because of other expenses unfortunately) that I'm more of a "maybe" than anything else

oldzilla
03-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Ok I am in

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)
13. redge (ZHPMafia)
15. Oldzilla (ZHPMafia)

BMWCurves
03-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Haha ZHPs everywhere with GruppeMs.

FL116
03-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Haha ZHPs everywhere with GruppeMs.
Gotta love it! Lol

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

jonnyd330
03-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Wow seems like a lot of guys are in on this, are they really worth that much?

NoVAphotog
03-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Wow seems like a lot of guys are in on this, are they really worth that much?

For now* Depends on how much the group buy discount is...

az3579
03-02-2016, 07:52 AM

-Sent from Mobile

You know, I used to feel the same way - until recently when I had to run my stock intake for a few weeks. Once I put the GruppeM back on, I swear my throttle response in the low end was noticeably better. I'm thinking of bringing my stock intake to the Reunion this year and swapping back and forth, having people drive it, and see if they notice a difference. I'm curious if others would feel the same thing.

jonnyd330
03-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Okay put me down as a maybe depending on price for this.

1. Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
3. MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
4. BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)
5. RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
6. D1ESEL (ZHPMafia)
8. bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
9. johnrando (ZHPMafia)
10. ecrabb (ZHPMafia)
11. 05Imola (ZHPMafia)
12. jwalther (ZHPMafia)
13. redge (ZHPMafia)
15. JonnyD330 (ZHPMafia)

FungShui
03-02-2016, 08:59 AM
The vendor is willing to do $582 USD shipped + Paypal fees (2.9%+ $0.30 USD).

In terms of packaging, he can send a box containing 3 intakes to any location. Then it would be left to us to distribute the among ourselves which maybe better for instance I can receive a shipment for the SF bay area and meet up with other ZHP members to deliver the intakes or simply just ship to their house. I am open to any suggestions in terms of shipping methods.

If we can secure 20+ people the price shipped is $564 USD + Paypal fees. I will continue to try to negotiate for better pricing. In the mean time, I would like to hear other members feedback on the pricing. Whether this is enough to move you forward to participate in a group buy. Note, I understand lower is better but again I work on getting the price lower.

Cheers,
Jason

MtechJon
03-02-2016, 09:14 AM
So far its a $20 dollar save not including paypal fee with 5 more people we can save an extra 20 more. The price off the bat is a good deal so any savings im cool with but of course more is better. Now is that price offered with the shipping of 3 to one place? I am in so cal OC

NoVAphotog
03-02-2016, 09:24 AM
You know, I used to feel the same way - until recently when I had to run my stock intake for a few weeks. Once I put the GruppeM back on, I swear my throttle response in the low end was noticeably better. I'm thinking of bringing my stock intake to the Reunion this year and swapping back and forth, having people drive it, and see if they notice a difference. I'm curious if others would feel the same thing.

Have to agree with Derek on this one...I've swapped back and forth a couple of times already (currently off for winter) and definitely didn't notice anything when I put it back on other than the sound difference. If anything the car feels better with the stock box since it's an optimized design.

ecrabb
03-02-2016, 09:43 AM
The vendor is willing to do $582 USD shipped + Paypal fees (2.9%+ $0.30 USD).

In terms of packaging, he can send a box containing 3 intakes to any location. Then it would be left to us to distribute the among ourselves

Ok, so anybody can go to the website and order for about $616 with today's exchange rate (including the $86 shipping.)

With the PayPal fees, were right at $600. That's essentially a 3% discount. If that price is to ship in groups of three and we have to redistribute, then it's no discount at all.

Also, they pay credit card fees on every sale on their website, yet they're asking us to pay PayPal fees. It looks like they're trying to make it appear as though we're getting more of a discount than we really are.

I don't mean to be ungrateful, and their regular price does look pretty good, but organizing a group buy to purchase $6000-9000 worth of product and getting 3% off doesn't really move the needle.

I'd negotiate for their 20-piece pricing at 10-15 pieces, or it's not worth the hassle.

That's my gut reaction.

Cheers,
SC

slater
03-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Ok, so anybody can go to the website and order for about $616 with today's exchange rate (including the $86 shipping.)

With the PayPal fees, were right at $600. That's essentially a 3% discount. If that price is to ship in groups of three and we have to redistribute, then it's no discount at all.

Also, they pay credit card fees on every sale on their website, yet they're asking us to pay PayPal fees. It looks like they're trying to make it appear as though we're getting more of a discount than we really are.

I don't mean to be ungrateful, and their regular price does look pretty good, but organizing a group buy to purchase $6000-9000 worth of product and getting 3% off doesn't really move the needle.

I'd negotiate for their 20-piece pricing at 10-15 pieces, or it's not worth the hassle.

That's my gut reaction.

Cheers,
SC

agreed 100%.

FungShui
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM

That's my gut reaction.

Cheers,
SC

Hey SC,

I appreciate your feedback and I agree with you, the discount is smaller than I would expected considering the dollar amount that we would bring them. At the same time they are fully aware they currently have one of the best prices out there for a BNIB system.

Feel free to share your opinion. I will be contacting them later in the afternoon PST and will take your thoughts into consideration while re-negotiating with them. :)

So far its a $20 dollar save not including paypal fee with 5 more people we can save an extra 20 more. The price off the bat is a good deal so any savings im cool with but of course more is better. Now is that price offered with the shipping of 3 to one place? I am in so cal OC

Yes, that is 3 units to one location.

jonnyd330
03-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Hey SC,

I appreciate your feedback and I agree with you, the discount is smaller than I would expected considering the dollar amount that we would bring them. At the same time they are fully aware they currently have one of the best prices out there for a BNIB system.

Feel free to share your opinion. I will be contacting them later in the afternoon PST and will take your thoughts into consideration while re-negotiating with them. :)

Yes, that is 3 units to one location.

So how does the 3 units to 1 place work? Are we trying to find people in the same general region so we can get them within driving distance?

FungShui
03-02-2016, 05:49 PM
So how does the 3 units to 1 place work? Are we trying to find people in the same general region so we can get them within driving distance?

That is the second hurdle to this group buy which is how to deal with shipping. 3 intakes per shipment is due to US importing restrictions indicated by the vendor. The person who receives the shipment will need to meet with the other buyers (within reason) to help deliver or ship to the location. For individuals who are the only person in their state who participated in the group will receive their intake via shipping from the nearest location. Again the exact logistics will need to be worked out.

I spoke to a couple North American dealers and each of them told me I have a great deal. Current listed price is roughly $1100 and even with a group buy they can not come close to match it. I have one dealer who is willing to find contact Gruppe M North America to get a volume pricing and I will update the thread when that becomes available.

Currently the rate between AUD to USD is working in our favor otherwise we would purchase at a higher price. I will state the AUD price because that number is fixed. The conversion rate to USD will vary.

The lowest Xposed is will to go 775 AUD shipped + Paypal fees.

johnrando
03-02-2016, 09:10 PM
If we do a 3 group ship, I will handle SoCal and somewhere close, as U think we have 2 SoCal already.

trancenation
03-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Fungshui, I'm in Norcal too so if you are receving a shipment, I'd like to be part of that order.

FungShui
03-02-2016, 10:08 PM
If we do a 3 group ship, I will handle SoCal and somewhere close, as U think we have 2 So cal already.

Is possible for everyone who is interested fill out their location via this link?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DcJzsZZPOL5jDRmKgsFobL26TaiAN5yzfA_uRsOmimo/edit?usp=sharing

I am grouping people regionally to see if the shipment of 3 intakes will work. If not, we could try to separate the shipments to two hubs Western/Mountain and Central/Eastern. Unfortunately some people may incur additional shipping charges due to their location.

Norcal/Oregon

Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
trancenation (ZHPMafia)
BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)

So Cal

MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
johnrando (ZHPMafia)
Snuffalufigus (ZHPMafia) - I'm actually hoping he is in So Cal to make things easier

Florida

Boca_RatonZHP (ZHPMafia)
bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
JonnyD330 (ZHPMafia)

Upper Atlantic

RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
05Imola (ZHPMafia)
ZHP_Brandon (ZHPMafia)

Mountain/Central

Oldzilla
Jwalther
D1ESEL
Ecrabb

Unknown Location:

Redge
Brownman

BMWCurves
03-03-2016, 08:21 AM
You filled in my location, thanks for doing the leg work. What would PayPal fees end up being?

jonnyd330
03-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Yeah thanks so much for working on this. Sounds like this is a good deal or the best we will find for a NIB unit.

FungShui
03-03-2016, 10:32 AM
You filled in my location, thanks for doing the leg work. What would PayPal fees end up being?

I requested the vendor to provide the details of the purchasing process. I will update the thread later tonight.

MtechJon
03-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Edit: Nvm my comment I would be stupid to not get it.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

quikryptonite
03-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Argh... I'm trying to save for a down payment on a house. So... want... to... buy... but shouldn't. :(

BMWCurves
03-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Argh... I'm trying to save for a down payment on a house. So... want... to... buy... but shouldn't. :(

You can live in your car.

bosszhp
03-03-2016, 04:15 PM
You can live in your car.

The age old petrol head saying... "You can live in your car but you can't drive your house". ;)

I would be willing to help out with the intakes in Florida seeing as there are 2 other members in the area. Honestly I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to pull the trigger though, was hoping the discount would be a little more. Hmmm

Boca_RatonZHP
03-03-2016, 04:34 PM
I think I'm going to pull the trigger to avoid the run around with the group buy + shipping in units etc. The price isn't that bad on their site.

FungShui
03-03-2016, 05:17 PM
The age old petrol head saying... "You can live in your car but you can't drive your house". ;)

I would be willing to help out with the intakes in Florida seeing as there are 2 other members in the area. Honestly I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to pull the trigger though, was hoping the discount would be a little more. Hmmm

If you could, I would be very grateful. I understand that you aren't 100% on the purchasing it. I think we all were hoping for a larger discount. Realistically, I imagine the cost per intake will cost $600-$620 USD shipped after all the phantom fees i.e. currency conversion fee, Paypal fee, currency exchange, etc. I am still waiting for the vendor to get back to me for the out the door price.

Personally, I'm ready to put down a deposit knowing that in North America it is unlikely we can secure a deal this good.The typically response from a NA dealer is "This intake cost $1600 new! We are already discounted the product to $1000." Hypothetically, if they offered 20% off the intake is $800 + tax/shipping where applicable.

az3579
03-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Honestly I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to pull the trigger though, was hoping the discount would be a little more. Hmmm

I think we all were hoping for a larger discount.

The typically response from a NA dealer is "This intake cost $1600 new! We are already discounted the product to $1000."

Expecting ANY kind of "discount" from this reseller is unreasonable, IMO. These intakes are already severely discounted from ANY other place you can get them from. I were any of you considering, I would treat this as the final price.

johnrando
03-03-2016, 08:12 PM
You sure these are legit at that low price then?

FungShui
03-03-2016, 08:25 PM
You sure these are legit at that low price then?

Yes, I got an email from Gruppe M Corporate stating they are an approved distributor.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Final Price:
$610 USD. I am collecting 3% extra to compensate for the recent trend in AUD to USD currency fluctuation as seen in the last week of trading. I am not interested in collecting any extra money. Any remainder from the order will be refunded back via Paypal.

The vendor will send out shipments containing 4 intakes. Ideally, we will have 4 members who are relatively close to each other to help deliver or ship (minimize shipping cost). I am limiting this group buy to the first 12 committed members who have paid (3 shipments). There maybe another chance of a 4th shipment but from the feeler list it is unlikely.

PM your name and I will put you on the list. Once you send $610 as a gift to Jasonfung93@gmail.com. If you don't want to send it as a gift, please include the Paypal fees. Once the payment has been confirmed I will mark you as paid.

az3579
03-04-2016, 05:03 AM
Yes, I got an email from Gruppe M Corporate stating they are an approved distributor.

Final Price:

That's awesome news. Git'r'done.

derbo
03-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Good deal bro! :)

cakM3
03-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Glad to see this is happening. Those of you who are in this group buy will love your new intake! Can't wait to hear what you guys think :thumbsup

ecrabb
03-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Funds transferred! Commencing foot-tapping! ;)

Thanks for taking the lead on this, Jason! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help move things along!

Two things for everybody else: If you're in, be sure to get your funds sent asap. If you're out, please let Jason know right away so nothing is held up unnecessarily!

Jason, did they happen to mention whether they have any idea on approximate transit time? I'd imagine we're looking at at least a week to 10 days from when the funds are transferred, but just wondering.

Cheers!
SC

ecrabb
03-04-2016, 09:40 AM
BTW, I'd be happy to be the central/mountain receiver. We have a warehouse and FedEx picks up every day. So, if guys want to send their labels to me in advance, I can ship the same day we receive the intakes (or the next day depending on delivery/pickup schedule).

Cheers,
SC

FungShui
03-04-2016, 10:16 AM
BTW, I'd be happy to be the central/mountain receiver. We have a warehouse and FedEx picks up every day. So, if guys want to send their labels to me in advance, I can ship the same day we receive the intakes (or the next day depending on delivery/pickup schedule).

Cheers,
SC

Thanks ecrabb, we can discuss more when we get more people signed on. Also I sent you PMin regards to paypal.

Snuffalufigus
03-04-2016, 10:49 AM
I am in Central Cali, near Sacramento. Hopefully this doesn't effect anything in a negative way! I am about to PM with funds!
Is possible for everyone who is interested fill out their location via this link?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DcJzsZZPOL5jDRmKgsFobL26TaiAN5yzfA_uRsOmimo/edit?usp=sharing

I am grouping people regionally to see if the shipment of 3 intakes will work. If not, we could try to separate the shipments to two hubs Western/Mountain and Central/Eastern. Unfortunately some people may incur additional shipping charges due to their location.

Norcal/Oregon

Fungshui (ZHPMafia)
trancenation (ZHPMafia)
BMWCurves (ZHPMafia)

So Cal

MtechJon (ZHPMafia)
johnrando (ZHPMafia)
Snuffalufigus (ZHPMafia) - I'm actually hoping he is in So Cal to make things easier

Florida

Boca_RatonZHP (ZHPMafia)
bosszhp (ZHPMafia)
JonnyD330 (ZHPMafia)

Upper Atlantic

RUS_ZHP (ZHPMafia)
05Imola (ZHPMafia)
ZHP_Brandon (ZHPMafia)

Mountain/Central

Oldzilla
Jwalther
D1ESEL
Ecrabb

Unknown Location:

Redge
Brownman

johnrando
03-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Payment sent. I can be the SoCal (Maybe Norcal if needed) distribution point.

Snuffalufigus
03-04-2016, 10:58 AM
PM and payment sent :D Hopefully JohnRando could help a brotha out and ship to Vacaville, CA. Zip is 95687

FungShui
03-04-2016, 11:36 AM
PM and payment sent :D Hopefully JohnRando could help a brotha out and ship to Vacaville, CA. Zip is 95687
Thanks guys.

I'm in the Bay Area/ Nor Cal. I live in Gilroy and my folks are in Novato. So for the most part i can have all the bay covered. If there is enough of us Bay Area guys we could do a meet up for delivery and a drive. =)

trancenation
03-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Payment Sent! I'd be down for a meetup for delivery and a drive. I'm located in the SJ area. Fungshui, do you happen to go to SJSU ??

FungShui
03-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Payment Sent! I'd be down for a meetup for delivery and a drive. I'm located in the SJ area. Fungshui, do you happen to go to SJSU ??

Hey Jason,

Yes, I did attended SJSU. Were you part of the Mechanical Engineering Dept?

I've received some funds that were not sent as gifts. I have issued out a refund so you don't incur $17.99 fee. If you prefer to pay the fee, please make a note.

The following has secured their positions. I will contact the vendor to lock in their shipment. Note, we won't ship until we lock in all 12 to so we can allocate the shipments to the optimal locations. If it takes too long get the 3rd shipment the people on the 9-12 will have to wait until the full order can be fulfilled or I can refund their money.

trancenation
03-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Hey,

Yeah small world, I'm actually part of the ME department. Went there for undergrad and currently doing my masters there!

Hey Jason,

Yes, I did attended SJSU. Were you part of the Mechanical Engineering Dept?

I've received some funds that were not sent as gifts. I have issued out a refund so you don't incur $17.99 fee. If you prefer to pay the fee, please make a note.

The following has secured their positions. I will contact the vendor to lock in their shipment. Note, we won't ship until we lock in all 12 to so we can allocate the shipments to the optimal locations. If it takes too long get the 3rd shipment the people on the 9-12 will have to wait until the full order can be fulfilled or I can refund their money.

FungShui
03-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Sweet, what class for undergrad? I'm doing my masters there too. Given I took a 4 year hiatus but I reapplied to finish the thesis project.

trancenation
03-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Nice, I'm C/O '14 for undergrad. What about you? Glad to hear you're back!

Sweet, what class for undergrad? I'm doing my masters there too. Given I took a 4 year hiatus but I reapplied to finish the thesis project.

FungShui
03-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Damn how did you know of me because i dont think we took any classes together unless I graded your paper. If that's the case I'm sorry for your low HW score. I was strict grader.

Undergrad 2010

Graduate school for 2010-2012

johnrando
03-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I may be travelling to the Bay Area mid-late March (or early April) so I could hand deliver to someone if possible.

BMWCurves
03-04-2016, 04:43 PM
I regret I will have to rescind my spot. While the GruppeM is incredibly tantalizing, I can't bring myself to spend $610+ on a noise maker right now when I should save or spend it elsewhere on something more useful (in my mind). Additionally I still have funds tied up in my M3 interior and I already have a BMWP intake that I should be content with.

Thanks again for organizing it, and hope this doesn't throw too large of a wrench in everyone else's plans.

FungShui
03-04-2016, 04:46 PM
I regret I will have to rescind my spot. While the GruppeM is incredibly tantalizing, I can't bring myself to spend $610+ on a noise maker right now when I should save or spend it elsewhere on something more useful (in my mind). Additionally I still have funds tied up in my M3 interior and I already have a BMWP intake that I should be content with.

Thanks again for organizing it, and hope this doesn't throw too large of a wrench in everyone else's plans.

Hey William,

No problem man, we all have our priorities. Thanks for letting me know.

danewilson77
03-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Glad to see this is happening. Those of you who are in this group buy will love your new intake! Can't wait to hear what you guys think :thumbsup
+1

Sent from an S6 Edge

oldzilla
03-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Sorry, got to drop out. ZHP is back in the shop.

jwalther
03-05-2016, 03:28 AM
Sorry, got to drop out. ZHP is back in the shop.

+1. I've got some crazy electrical issues, and don't yet know what the fix might entail. What's the deadline?

jonnyd330
03-05-2016, 07:24 AM
How many people are seriously in from Florida?

brownman
03-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Have to drop as well. Though I was going to be able to make it, but I'm in the process of moving from NC to Hawaii. So I'll get it straight from the vendor once I'm done moving. But thanks again for the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

FungShui
03-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Congratulations to Group 1. Your orders have been placed. Please wait up to 3 weeks for delivery to Fungshui's house. Then I will proceed to distribute it out.

+1. I've got some crazy electrical issues, and don't yet know what the fix might entail. What's the deadline?

The deadline is Tuesday March 8th . This way the first group's order doesn't get held up as I figure out where the shipments will go. Group 1 will have their intakes regardless if we get the second shipment fulfilled. Remember, we need to have 4 people for one shipment. If we fall short the vendor may not honor the price. But we will take that as a case by case basis and I will renegotiate on your behalf.

Have to drop as well. Though I was going to be able to make it, but I'm in the process of moving from NC to Hawaii. So I'll get it straight from the vendor once I'm done moving. But thanks again for the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I understand moving is a big task let alone moving across the country and then some. The price is already really good, you can't go wrong either way. :)

jonnyd330
03-05-2016, 01:11 PM
So does the location of people matter anymore?

FungShui
03-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Not really if you are willing to pay for the shipping or meet with the person who receives the intake. The purpose of grouping people geographically to help members save money in shipping. In a previous post can see an example of my initial concept from the feeler list.

Right now we only have one shipment so organizing shipping is not difficult considering 3 of us are in CA and one is in Utah. If the we get more people on board then I will try send the shipment strategically.

Please note the AUD is appreciating against the USD about 4% last week. Meaning your purchasing power has decreased and the amount you pay will be more regardless of the GB. This is the downside of purchasing goods from a foreign country the currency conversion will vary. The fluctuations does not affect the vendor because they have a set price and the price varies for us Americans. Therefore its beneficial to make a decision sooner than later.

More than likely I will have to adjust the price slightly higher. FYI, I will be refunding $5 to the people in the first order. So their total cost is $605 with local pickup or plus shipping to their house.

FL116
03-05-2016, 05:09 PM

Where are you located in florida?

johnrando
03-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Really appreciate all the work you've done that goes into this.

ecrabb
03-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Really appreciate all the work you've done that goes into this.

Dittos!!!

SC

jonnyd330
03-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Where are you located in florida?

West Coast

RUS_ZHP
03-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't follow this thread for a couple of days.
Unfortunately, I have to withdraw from this group buy. Missing a great opportunity to get intake, but other financial priorities jumped ahead.

05Imola
03-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Sorry guys I'm dropping out of this as well. Forgot about my court date today. Even tho I didn't get a speeding ticket I did get a very hefty parking fine. That cut into my modding budget lol.

MtechJon
03-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Going to have to drop out as well, windshield got a huge crack in it also tie rods and control arm bushings are really worn need to get that replaced before I get my alignment my new apex's are getting lonely sitting in the garage

CovertCoup
03-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Any open spots left? If so, I'm in.

FungShui
03-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Any open spots left? If so, I'm in.

Hi ConvertCoup,

Sadly to say, this GB is over. However, you can still purchase the intake at their website. We roughly had a 10% discount on the product. Either way its a great price with or without the discount.

Boca_RatonZHP
03-13-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm waiting on my income tax check for this...

FungShui
04-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Intakes just cleared through customs in San Francisco. :)

I imagine a couple more days before they arrive.

ecrabb
04-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Intakes just cleared through customs in San Francisco. :)

I imagine a couple more days before they arrive.

:like

:fistpump

I guess I need to be sending you a FedEx Ground label soon then, don't I? Can you PM me some address I can use for the origin?

Thanks!!!

SC

FungShui
04-07-2016, 07:31 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160407/7e219f1330521bf3a8ebd14dd9863077.jpg

Picked them up from the post office this morning!

For those who are shipping the box is 15 3/4 in x 10 3/4 in x 10 in. Shipping weight is 4.6 lbs on the bathroom scale.

ecrabb
04-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Anybody else install this thing yet? I am not impressed with the engineering.

The instructions suck, I can't get the angle right so the bracket will sit flush on the fender lining, there's a bunch of compression on the intake boot, and the front cone edge with the rubber strip is jammed right up against whatever the canister is right below the hood bumper.

For the price of this intake, I figured the engineering would have been a little better. It's feeling a little more "aftermarket" than I was expecting.

Thoughts?

SC

cakM3
04-23-2016, 04:39 PM
It's feeling a little more "aftermarket" than I was expecting.

That's because Gruppe M is aftermarket SC...

ecrabb
04-23-2016, 04:47 PM
That's because Gruppe M is aftermarket SC...

Thanks for that useful insight. ;-)

All I was getting at was that, for the money, I thought it would have been a little nicer and neater install.

I did get it installed OK. You have to take the wheel off to get at the backside of the fender liner, and it just takes some screwing around with the clamps and bracket to get the angles right. A could of photos would have removed the doubt and made for less trial and error.

Also, if I had designed it, I would have designed a bracket to use the existing airbox mounting points. It would have been stronger, cleaner, and wouldn't have required taking the wheel off.

SC

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160424/63394bf19cccc9a722884a1b343c6570.jpg

Jconlin16
04-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Wow, really? I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your install. I remember mine being pretty simple and not having to remove a wheel. It does look like your intake sits a little further back than mine does. Interesting... I need to go look at mine now.

cakM3
04-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks for that useful insight. ;-)

I was just messin' with you SC.

All I was getting at was that, for the money, I thought it would have been a little nicer and neater install.

I did get it installed OK. You have to take the wheel off to get at the backside of the fender liner, and it just takes some screwing around with the clamps and bracket to get the angles right. A could of photos would have removed the doubt and made for less trial and error.

Also, if I had designed it, I would have designed a bracket to use the existing airbox mounting points. It would have been stronger, cleaner, and wouldn't have required taking the wheel off.

SC

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160424/63394bf19cccc9a722884a1b343c6570.jpg

Strange... when I installed my Gruppe M CAI on my ZHP I did not have to go thru what you did in order to install it. I don't know... for me it was a relatively straight-forward install. Everything seemed to fit but then my kit was a used kit, not brand new like yours.

ecrabb
04-24-2016, 01:19 PM
O M G... Dat sound doe!

SC

ecrabb
04-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Ok, that's intoxicating. It's barely noticeable at idle or just tooling around. Just a little hiss and a little "squirt" sound when you open the throttle a little.

But... Crack the throttle under acceleration and it sounds completely different. And fun!!! Omg, it's a blast. Even blipping the throttle to downshift is fun and sounds like it should! 5000-6000 RPM at WOT is an absolute blast! Woo hoo!

SC

BMWCurves
04-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Haha glad you're enjoying it. Can't say I'm not envious...:)

NoVAphotog
04-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Ok, that's intoxicating. It's barely noticeable at idle or just tooling around. Just a little hiss and a little "squirt" sound when you open the throttle a little.

But... Crack the throttle under acceleration and it sounds completely different. And fun!!! Omg, it's a blast. Even blipping the throttle to downshift is fun and sounds like it should! 5000-6000 RPM at WOT is an absolute blast! Woo hoo!

SC

Meant to post this in here as well last week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPVJE1mpFY

Also, I thought that bracket did use the factory point? I thought that was how Charlie and BP had theirs?

ecrabb
04-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Meant to post this in here as well last week...
Sweet! That sounds so good. I'm amazed at how much the factory airbox quiets things down. In sure it was a good choice for the luxury car market, and I realize the Gruppe M is basically a funnel in one direction and a megaphone in the other, but damn it sounds good! I swear the throttle response is even a little better, though it could be placebo just based on hearing the magical sounds.

Also, I thought that bracket did use the factory point? I thought that was how Charlie and BP had theirs?
Boy, I don't know how that would be possible looking at the bracket and where the filter lands relative to the original mounting points, but I'm all ears if somebody knows how to do it.

Oh, anybody know what the rubber/foam pad is in the bag with the stickers for? I don't see any reference to it in the "documentation".

SC

ecrabb
05-02-2016, 09:25 AM
OK, so I think I might know why this is so tight on my car, and no problem on others. The spot on my car where the intake is impacting the car is right on the back of the headlight assembly. It's rubbing, cutting into the rubber trim edging on the intake, and it's actually compressing the intake boot a little. I put a red arrow on the photo in the spot where the intake is impacting neighboring parts.

Judging by the drawings on RealOEM, it looks like Xenons are significantly deeper - like a couple of inches - than the non-Xenon headlights. There's a big "pack" on the back of the Xenon headlight - I assume it's a high-voltage transformer or something - and that comes way further out into the engine compartment than does the non-Xenon headlight. So, if you have a non-Xenon car, the Gruppe M drops right in, no muss, no fuss. If you do have Xenons, that's when it's tight.

So, I don't know if Gruppe M wasn't using a car with Xenons as their reference, but it's simply too tight. The only fix I can see is marking the problem spot with the intake in the car, taking it out of the car and removing some of the rubber strip, then using a Dremel to remove 1/4" to 3/8" of the material from the intake in that area. I think if I put a gentle transition on it, it shouldn't be noticeable at all.

The other thing I don't like is that a pretty obnoxious buzz has showed up in the 5000-6000 RPM ballpark. I think everything is so tightly jammed in there, and it's solid-mounted to the fender liner with that steel bracket, some vibration is getting transferred into the fender liner. I'm hoping that by relieving the pressure on the intake and getting it backed off from the headlight, and then maybe putting some nylon washers on the mounting point on the fender liner, I can resolve the buzz.

Also, in hindsight, you don't have to remove the front wheel for installation. Just jacking the front corner up would be sufficient to drop the tire away from the liner to get your hand and a little ratchet or screwdriver in there. I'd still like to fabricate a bracket to use the original airbox mount points instead of the single one on the fender liner.

So, who else from the power buy has this thing installed? How many ended up buying?

I'm in lust with the sound. Getting an exhaust mod hopefully later this week, and looking forward to the two together.

Cheers,
SC

BMWCurves
05-02-2016, 10:19 AM
A lot of people have no fitment issues that I'm aware of that have a GruppeM and Xenon. I'm wondering if it's a coupe or convertible fitment issue since our headlights are different.

san
05-02-2016, 10:26 AM
I didn't have too many issues when I installed mine (06 coupe), but then again the intake was used...

ecrabb
05-02-2016, 11:55 AM
A lot of people have no fitment issues that I'm aware of that have a GruppeM and Xenon. I'm wondering if it's a coupe or convertible fitment issue since our headlights are different.

I bet you're absolutely right about the coupe/sedan thing... It's a little hard to tell just looking at the drawings, but look how different the depth is between the sedan and coupe/vert headlight assembly? Look at that big "box" that sticks out the back of the coupe headlight assembly.

I'm really curious to hear from another/vert coupe owner who has one of these and has installed it. @johnrando... Paging @johnrando!

SC

ecrabb
05-02-2016, 12:03 PM
I didn't have too many issues when I installed mine (06 coupe), but then again the intake was used...

Hmmm... I can't see how it being used should have any effect, unless there was already some modification done, maybe. That, or perhaps, something in the kit has changed dimensions slightly over the one you have.

?

SC

johnrando
05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Just picked mine up from Jason in Norcal, may try to install it this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ecrabb
05-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Just picked mine up from Jason in Norcal, may try to install it this weekend.

Sweet! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and impressions!

SC

illirep
05-24-2016, 07:52 PM
Any chance for another group buy?

FungShui
05-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Not by me but i have the contact person if anyone wants to set one up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

johnrando
07-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Sent you a PM ecrabb. Going to install mine this weekend (finally!)

NoVAphotog
07-09-2016, 07:47 PM
GruppeM wins the rev off...

https://vimeo.com/174062829

ecrabb
07-09-2016, 08:26 PM
GruppeM wins the rev off...

Wow, the Ford sounds really anemic by comparison.

SC

ecrabb
07-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Sent you a PM ecrabb. Going to install mine this weekend (finally!)

Got your PM, but I'm on the road and haven't responded yet.

Mine still hasn't been addressed and just had the band-aid fix. Still need to address it.

I'll be anxious to hear how your install goes for you!

Cheers,
SC

johnrando
07-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Went well. We had to dremel about 1/8th inch off the unit right where that headlight box is to make it fit. We also cut back the one side of the Stett hose that you can to give it more room.

ecrabb
07-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Went well. We had to dremel about 1/8th inch off the unit right where that headlight box is to make it fit. We also cut back the one side of the Stett hose that you can to give it more room.

Well? No comments about the sound!?!?? I can't believe you haven't said anything yet! I figured you'd post about it soon after getting it installed.

Were you able to get the rubber trim strip off OK to go after the CF with the Dremel? I only looked briefly, but it appeared to be glued on pretty well.

SC

johnrando
07-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Got it off np. Just pulled it, glue wasn't that strong. Unfortunately the sound isn't a big improvement from the BMW Perf Intake. It IS better, but only a little better. Definitely better at high revs, but I'm not there that often in LA driving... no complaints though. So far, gas mileage up a bit as well

NoVAphotog
07-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Got it off np. Just pulled it, glue wasn't that strong. Unfortunately the sound isn't a big improvement from the BMW Perf Intake. It IS better, but only a little better. Definitely better at high revs, but I'm not there that often in LA driving... no complaints though. So far, gas mileage up a bit as well

Hmm...

You'll have to take her out to the back roads John. Shawn and I have tested the Performance and GruppeM back to back.

There is a substantial difference but you have to get on the GruppeM. It's noise is directly dependent on throttle input speed not only revs. From my own experience, Just driving around town and accelerating from a red light with traffic is not going to sound different beyond a little louder like you experienced. It has a guttural growl no where close to the Performance intake or stock box but only if you mash the pedal.

johnrando
07-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the input. It did have some growl for sure, but not as much as I expected.

san
07-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Thanks for thr input. It did have some growl for sure, but not as much as I expected.

+1 I thought it would be louder too, but no complaints though...

johnrando
07-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Good to know it was not just me. I do like it, just wanted moar roar. :biggrin

cakM3
07-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Good to know it was not just me. I do like it, just wanted moar roar. :biggrin

John, Daniel's post pretty much sums up the Gruppe M intake.... when mashing the pedal the intake has a wonderful sound to it. :thumbsup If you want moar roar.... then S54 my friend! ;)

johnrando
07-18-2016, 04:32 PM
LOL. Would love that. Hey, someone put an S54 in Ness for me please. :biggrin

cakM3
07-18-2016, 04:44 PM
LOL. Would love that. Hey, someone put an S54 in Ness for me please. :biggrin

If my ZHP's motor ever fails, this is what I will be doing to my ZHP....

johnrando
07-18-2016, 09:11 PM
The good part is, I can definitely pick out my car engine sound even more than before. I had to valet park my car on Saturday and I could hear it start up in the parking lot 1/2 block away and even though the were driving up other high end cars, I definitely knew it was Ness. Liked that a lot.

cakM3
07-19-2016, 03:23 AM
The good part is, I can definitely pick out my car engine sound even more than before. I had to valet park my car on Saturday and I could hear it start up in the parking lot 1/2 block away and even though the were driving up other high end cars, I definitely knew it was Ness. Liked that a lot.

:thumbsup

trancenation
08-16-2016, 11:20 PM
I have a brand new gruppe M intake from this groupbuy up for sale. Message me if interested! Thanks.

san
08-17-2016, 04:23 AM
^ calling BMWCurves (William)

BMWCurves
08-17-2016, 04:39 PM
I have a brand new gruppe M intake from this groupbuy up for sale. Message me if interested! Thanks.

^ calling BMWCurves (William)

Oh god dammit.

Sigh...

PM sent

san
08-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Oh god dammit.

Sigh...

PM sent

:happyspidey

FL116
08-17-2016, 08:58 PM
I may have a Gruppe M Intake going up for sale within the next week... I will decide soon.

trancenation
09-25-2016, 10:41 AM
bump! selling a brand new one for the price paid plus shipping & paypal fees!