PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seat Wiring Question

ZHP_Brandon
03-09-2016, 01:08 PM
So I've come across an incredible deal on E46 M3 Seats that this time I really won't pass up, I'm even getting the center switch for the heated seat switches.

Now comes the hard part, wiring the baffle so it will actually work.
The M3 seats are heated, but my car doesn't have the option or wiring necessary for it to work

I know of someone willing to sell me there Retrofit Kit for cheap, I've spoken to a few people and they've said to go to the Stealership for the job, which I have no problem doing.. but if any one knows of an indy shop that could potentially do an exemplary job, and for cheaper than a dealer it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Heated Seat Retrofit kit Guide printed out for ease of installation.

I see plenty of DIY's but there not using the retrofit kit, or anything of the sort.. So I'm hoping going to an indy shop will help with this.

Im willing to go any where in the NYC Metro Area, (Bronx/Brooklyn/Queens/Manhattan) & Maybe parts of CT since I have family there that I can visit while the job is being done.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341242 <--- this is the write up I've read through, and it does seem much cheaper then actually doing it via a dealership but it seems like something I'm willing to pay the price for to have done once, and correctly

Feel free to give some insight on this, whether its worth it or not is hard to say... but I personally need the heated seat option, I sat in my brothers S54 Facelifted Sedan and was BEYOND jealous lol

Thanks guys !

BMWCurves
03-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Good luck! I love my M3 seats in my car. Definitely a lot more support than the ZHP seats.

NorCalZman
03-09-2016, 02:55 PM
I did this retrofit in my car. I just found a local auto wiring shop and went to talk to them. Show them the directions and stuff and see how confident he was with routing the wires around.

When I picked up the car he proudly told me how neat he routed everything, even though I didn't really care about wiring under the carpet. I like people that take pride in their work, even if you can't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ZHP_Brandon
03-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Good luck! I love my M3 seats in my car. Definitely a lot more support than the ZHP seats.

I'm hoping these seats are as clean as they look, they have a tear in them so they'll be going to my upholstery guy as soon as I get them!
I'm excited for this purchase, Im getting M3 mirrors amongst other things so this will be a very productive spring!

ZHP_Brandon
03-09-2016, 07:25 PM
I have a performance shop I go to just for the sake of hanging out and keeping in touch with local builds by me and stuff and they quoted me at around 250-300$ for the whole job assuming its as easy as they think it is. The guy is a master BMW Wiring Tech so I figured I would look no further.

What did you use for the retrofit?

The guy Im buying the seats off of said I can take any necessary wiring i need, so should I just take the entire baffling under the seat and from behind the center console for the heated seat switches?

If I don't have to buy the retrofit kit, I won't yknow.. if I can get the free baffling then that would be awesome lol

Just wanna narrow it down

NorCalZman
03-09-2016, 09:01 PM
I bought the retrofit kit from BMW. It had everything the shop needed (and then some).

ZHP_Brandon
03-11-2016, 05:33 PM
I bought the retrofit kit from BMW. It had everything the shop needed (and then some).

I think I may take this route instead, seems the easier way out even though the cost is significant. Ive seen one on ebay for some time, so maybe I'll be capitalizing on it in the following weeks [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk