PDA

View Full Version : The day is here!!!

Dr Dynamite
03-25-2016, 01:33 PM
I've been waiting for a year to get these[emoji2]

Anyone have these on their ride? I'm sure they feel nice, I'm just curious on your thoughts

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

ELCID86
03-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Looking forward to your review.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

BMWCurves
03-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Congrats!

Also, I am entertained by Koni's marketing on the box.

Daddyoh
03-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Yes, please let us know!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

330i Lover
03-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Congrats! Them are nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Aeternalis
03-27-2016, 06:23 PM
My FSDs and stock springs feel absolutely amazing! I don't intend to track my car so these are probably my favorite street shock now, bar none.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fw_fw
03-28-2016, 04:54 AM
I got a set of those also last week, although mine will be on the shelf for the time being while I work on some other projects......

Simmsled
03-28-2016, 05:44 AM
My FSDs and stock springs feel absolutely amazing! I don't intend to track my car so these are probably my favorite street shock now, bar none.

Penny for your extended thoughts/comparison to stock!

Congrats, OP! Can't wait to hear how you like them.

Also... the 'faja' of the FSD marketing campaign:

Aeternalis
03-28-2016, 05:59 AM
Penny for your extended thoughts/comparison to stock!

Also...
Congrats, OP! Can't wait to hear how you like them.
I don't think it'd be too fair to a newer pair of OE dampers since I'm pretty sure the ones that came off my car were the factory Sachs units (my car has 160k miles, for reference). They weren't leaking or anything but I'm sure they were tired.

The FSDs do seem handle acute shocks and jounces much better than the stockers. Cornering is as good or better than OE. Sadly I really haven't had a chance to put the car through the paces as I found an oil leak Saturday evening. She's back at the shop for diagnosis. After everything's buttoned up though I plan on a good workout one weekend.

Adi
06-02-2016, 04:02 AM
Very keen to hear a proper review on these. For some reason there really is a lack of solid information about these shocks on the E46 platform..

KevinC
06-02-2016, 05:49 AM
I don't think it'd be too fair to a newer pair of OE dampers since I'm pretty sure the ones that came off my car were the factory Sachs units (my car has 160k miles, for reference). They weren't leaking or anything but I'm sure they were tired.

Tired? They were "tired" about 120k miles ago, and "toast" shortly afterwards. You won't believe what a difference this will make. Are you refreshing all the other appropriate components (FCABs, RTABs, etc.)??

Aeternalis
06-02-2016, 05:51 AM
Tired? They were "tired" about 120k miles ago, and "toast" shortly afterwards. You won't believe what a difference this will make. Are you refreshing all the other appropriate components (FCABs, RTABs, etc.)??

Yep, I did everything in the front and rear. Night and day difference.