PDA

View Full Version : New Member From the PNW

Copacabana
03-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Greetings! Long-time lurker, first post.

The thing that attracted me to this site was the overall respectful tone (lacking at times from some other well-known websites) and also the focus is a little more adult-driver oriented if you get my meaning, and no disrespect intended. toward the modding/tuner folks.

Don't own a Bimmer probably will within the year. No rush though; still saving some $ and brushing up on my DIY skills with my current daily driver. Would love a ZHP although a manual sport-package 330 would be fine too if it checks out.
Anyway, thanks for all the help on this site, & love the classifieds (why are so many of those cars from NY/NJ though......ah, nevermind.)

san
03-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Welcome! Take your time and buy a Zhp, it will be worth the slight premium and the wait [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
03-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Welcome, fellow PNWer! You'll enjoy it here, great group of people and resources.

I should say I was in a similar boat to you two years ago or so. I found that the market is surprisingly similar in terms of numbers of well-maintained 330is w/ the Sport Package and those with the ZHP package (minus the price premium on ZHPs). I personally think it's worth the price to get a ZHP due to aesthetic differences and slight bump in performance, but I was perfectly satisfied when I had a 330Ci with the Sport Package.

Good luck in your search! Any other preferences, such as interior/exterior colors, options, packages, transmission, budget, miles, etc?

ELCID86
03-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Welcome. Happy hunting.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Copacabana
03-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome.....

I had thought of $10,000 for a budget figuring a 6 or 7 thousand dollar (non-ZHP) car plus $3,000 or so in parts to refresh it. Obviously a ZHP ups that number a few thousand. One thing I won't budge on - it will have to be a manual. Probably prefer a sedan but wouldn't rule out a coupe that checks all the other boxes.

fredo
03-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Welcome, man ! And GL.

3ZHPGUY
03-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Welcome! I've owned a 06 330 vert with the sport package, at the same time as my 03 ZHP Saloon and the differences are significant. You definitely need to drive a ZHP before you make your final decision. GL

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Copacabana
03-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, and actually I haven't yet had the pleasure, but promise I will before choosing.

Lublisha
03-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Welcome! I've owned a 06 330 vert with the sport package, at the same time as my 03 ZHP Saloon and the differences are significant. You definitely need to drive a ZHP before you make your final decision. GL

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

+1. first drive of a ZHP completely changed around my search criteria when I was hunting.

Oh, and welcome!

FL116
03-31-2016, 06:38 AM
Welcome! I would be patient! I got pretty impatient and almost bought a 330i ZSP, waiting a few weeks after driving it, then a ZHP popped up and I couldn't resist it. Perfect deal at the perfect time. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Btw, what do you drive as a daily now? (If you don't mind me asking)

Cadeez
03-31-2016, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the gang! Fellow west coasters are always welcome here, BMW purchased yet or not haha. Lucky for you I've found that the Seattle area has a lot larger volume of ZHP's for sale than down here in PDX, I've purchased 2 out of 3 BMW's up there. Happy hunting

Copacabana
03-31-2016, 10:49 AM
Welcome! I would be patient! I got pretty impatient and almost bought a 330i ZSP, waiting a few weeks after driving it, then a ZHP popped up and I couldn't resist it. Perfect deal at the perfect time. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Btw, what do you drive as a daily now? (If you don't mind me asking)

Appreciate the encouragement! Currently in an '05 Accord, at least it's a manual though.

FL116
03-31-2016, 11:59 AM
Appreciate the encouragement! Currently in an '05 Accord, at least it's a manual though.
Not bad. My buddy had an '05 accord a couple years ago. I liked it. It was manual as well.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Welcome

Sent from an S6 Edge

ELCID86
04-02-2016, 12:02 AM

Good cars. We had an 04 Accord until my teen daughter totaled it a few years ago (ugh, I see a theme here--another car totaled yesterday. Luckily it's just rubber and metal and the kids are ok).

Copacabana
04-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Happy to hear that.....

Copacabana
07-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Well folks, gave in & picked up a 330i non-ZHP. Determined they're getting a bit rich for my blood & after looking for nearly a year figured I might never get a car otherwise.

Hope I'm still welcome; this doesn't mean I get whacked does it?

danewilson77
07-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Well folks, gave in & picked up a 330i non-ZHP. Determined they're getting a bit rich for my blood & after looking for nearly a year figured I might never get a car otherwise.

Nope. Not at all. Congrats!

S7 Edge, out

BMWCurves
07-05-2016, 08:09 AM

Congrats! Post info/pics/vids when possible!

johnrando
07-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Welcome. Congrats and as said, pics please.

Cadeez
07-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Haha no worries, you're in good company here. I'm a current owner of a "standard" 330i as well, I sold my ZHP a few years ago. I'm currently in the market for another ZHP though, but the options are few and far between in our neck of the woods recently. Post pics when you can!