PDA

View Full Version : Premium Package leather upholstery: what is actually leather?

Dual
03-31-2016, 12:35 PM
Yeah, so: Premium Package leather upholstery on our cars: what is actually leather? (This option deletes alacantra pretty much everywhere AFAIK)

Center console, shift and brake boots?

Sides and backs of front seats?

Door armrests?

Rear seats?

A lot of this looks like vinyl to me and I don't want to hit it with leather treatment if it's not appropriate.

az3579
03-31-2016, 02:52 PM
Seats, shift boot and knob, handbrake boot, door card centers, and steering wheel if not alcantara. Nothing else is leather...

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

wsmeyer
03-31-2016, 03:57 PM
Sides and backs of seats are not leather. Bolsters are as well as center armrest.

az3579
03-31-2016, 04:23 PM
Sides and backs of seats are not leather. Bolsters are as well as center armrest.
Forgot about armrest, because I don't have one. Lol

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

BMWCurves
03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
In coupes the side armrest pads are leather.

wsmeyer
03-31-2016, 09:43 PM
I can only speak for verts but on those side armrests are not leather unless you opted for the Montana leather option.

az3579
04-01-2016, 03:38 AM
I can only speak for verts but on those side armrests are not leather unless you opted for the Montana leather option.

There is only one leather option, Montana. Those side armrests aren't Montana leather though... they don't have that grain to them, but they are still leather.

slater
04-01-2016, 05:35 AM
my car has the premium package and the wheel, shifter and handbrake boots are all alcantara. those in leather did not come on the ZHP/ZAM that i'm aware of.

the canadian M Sport cars got leather wheel, shifter and handbrake boots, though (and easy giveaway when trying to determine if a canadian car is a ZHP/ZAM or M Sport - also the M Sport got the standard 330 exhaust).

BMWCurves
04-01-2016, 06:55 AM

There is only one leather option, Montana. Those side armrests aren't Montana leather though... they don't have that grain to them, but they are still leather.

Interesting, I haven't paid close attention to the grain but they certainly look leather to me. Maybe it's different between coupes and convertibles?

my car has the premium package and the wheel, shifter and handbrake boots are all alcantara. those in leather did not come on the ZHP/ZAM that i'm aware of.

the canadian M Sport cars got leather wheel, shifter and handbrake boots, though (and easy giveaway when trying to determine if a canadian car is a ZHP/ZAM or M Sport - also the M Sport got the standard 330 exhaust).

I thought late production 330i and 330Cis ZHPs were equipped with leather steering wheels, shifter boots, and parking brake boots. By late I mean roughly the last two months of sedan production and same start date for coupes through MY 2006. My father's '06 came with those all in leather, but my 02/05 came with those parts in alcantara.

slater
04-01-2016, 07:20 AM
I thought late production 330i and 330Cis ZHPs were equipped with leather steering wheels, shifter boots, and parking brake boots. By late I mean roughly the last two months of sedan production and same start date for coupes through MY 2006. My father's '06 came with those all in leather, but my 02/05 came with those parts in alcantara.

weird, i knew about the leather wheels, but not the matching boots. huh!