PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ZHP sedan - manual with cold weather package

dandandk
04-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Hi guys,

after owning multiple BMW's from different eras i believe it's time to get into the e46's world. for a few reasons i realized it would be wise to replace my e30 325is as daily driver and now i m looking for a ZHP (sedan only).

Requirements / Must have:
sedan
6 speed manual
cold weather package (unfortunately this s really a must have)
sub 70k miles (somehow flexible on this one)
clean title / accident free
rust free

Pretty open to exterior/interior color combos and willing to consider cars from anywhere in the USA (or Canada). i know what i want doesnt come too often and when they do, their price may be all over the place so i have a very flexible budget. however, not really interested in your usd 20k gem.

thank u all in advance.

Vas
04-13-2016, 10:42 AM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5522250554.html

NYRhockey
04-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Great find, Vas. That's a very nice car.

BMWCurves
04-13-2016, 02:24 PM
First, welcome! You'll enjoy it here if you decide to stick around. Really one of the best online forums I've been a part of.

Second, the car Vas posted is nice, but I don't think it has the Cold Weather Package (no fold down rear seats or headlamp washers, does have heated seats though).

Third, it's good you're flexible on mileage. When I purchased my ZHP I definitely paid a premium for the low miles (<50k) on my car, but ended up doing similar maintenance on it that I would have done on a car with 80-100k miles, all due to age-related wear rather than purely mileage-wear. Many members will agree that you should not let higher mileage cars discourage you from consideration.

Fourth, having seen my sister's recent purchase of a Canadian 330Xi, I would try and stay away from cars that salt their roads in the winter. Her car compared to mine is night and day, and her rust/corrosion isn't even that bad. It's already on your list for no rust and I'm just agreeing with you.

Fifth, good luck in your search! Have some patience. It took me 7ish months to find mine, but it was well worth it in the end. I couldn't imagine getting rid of my car. Check back on the classifieds throughout the week, although I go on my big searching frenzy of Craigslist, AutoTrader, and BMW forum classifieds on Sunday evenings.

dandandk
04-13-2016, 02:42 PM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5522250554.html

hi Vas,

thks for the link, but i believe that one doesnt have cold weather package, i know it doesnt sound like much, but but that s one point i had to agree with my wife so she would me give me the green light!

BMWCurves
04-13-2016, 02:49 PM
hi Vas,

thks for the link, but i believe that one doesnt have cold weather package, i know it doesnt sound like much, but but that s one point i had to agree with my wife so she would me give me the green light!

Which part of the Cold Weather Package do you need? The heated seats? The fold down rear seats? The headlight washers?

NoVAphotog
04-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Which part of the Cold Weather Package do you need? The heated seats? The fold down rear seats? The headlight washers?

This.

It's relative. For example I like to think my car has the cold weather package because it literally has everything but the headlight washers which are prone to being useless. Most people just care about the heated seats which plenty of cars have without having the "package" same as you can order a new BMW with them a la carte.

dandandk
04-13-2016, 03:48 PM
First, welcome! You'll enjoy it here if you decide to stick around. Really one of the best online forums I've been a part of.

Second, the car Vas posted is nice, but I don't think it has the Cold Weather Package (no fold down rear seats or headlamp washers, does have heated seats though).

Third, it's good you're flexible on mileage. When I purchased my ZHP I definitely paid a premium for the low miles (<50k) on my car, but ended up doing similar maintenance on it that I would have done on a car with 80-100k miles, all due to age-related wear rather than purely mileage-wear. Many members will agree that you should not let higher mileage cars discourage you from consideration.

Fourth, having seen my sister's recent purchase of a Canadian 330Xi, I would try and stay away from cars that salt their roads in the winter. Her car compared to mine is night and day, and her rust/corrosion isn't even that bad. It's already on your list for no rust and I'm just agreeing with you.

Fifth, good luck in your search! Have some patience. It took me 7ish months to find mine, but it was well worth it in the end. I couldn't imagine getting rid of my car. Check back on the classifieds throughout the week, although I go on my big searching frenzy of Craigslist, AutoTrader, and BMW forum classifieds on Sunday evenings.

hi - thks for the warm welcome and for posting so many craiglists ads.

i completely agree with you. ideally i look to find that unmolested low mileage car, but as you said and also from my past experience; a well maintained car goes a long way and may be more important than the number of miles on the clock.

regarding your question about the cold weather package, i basically need heated seats (my wife basically refuses to ride on my e30 during wintertime) and folding rear seats, dont really mind the headlight washers.

thks for the help

Vas
04-14-2016, 06:07 AM
How about this

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1102267

BMWCurves
04-14-2016, 01:42 PM
How about this

Wow, that one's great! $11,500? I'd move on it if you don't need a leather interior, dandandk.

dandandk
04-14-2016, 02:02 PM
How about this

Wow, that one's great! $11,500? I'd move on it if you don't need a leather interior, dandandk.

hey guys! yeah, that one seems to be a decent one and i am already in talks with the owner, i ll let you know how it goes.