04-19-2016, 05:48 AM
Good find!

cakM3
04-19-2016, 09:12 AM
That is an awesome price for OEM M3 side mirrors! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

ecrabb
04-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Oh, man... They're even TiAg. Very tempting.

SC

Aeternalis
04-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Looks like the silver under the driver mirror glass needs some help.

rguti153
04-19-2016, 03:00 PM
But for 150 that's some cheap m3 mirrors

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cakM3
04-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Looks like the silver under the driver mirror glass needs some help.

that's just the mirror.... that happens with these side mirrors over time. All you got to do is replace the mirrors and you will be okay. $150 for the set is an awesome price. Try pricing them out elsewhere... you'll see.

Jconlin16
04-19-2016, 06:33 PM
This is very tempting!

D1ESEL
04-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Hmmm and my car isn't done at paint.

What would it take to get these to work on my 05 sedan?

ecrabb
04-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Sorry to be a noob... But, will these mount and wire up to my ZHP vert without modification?

Thx!

SC

ecrabb
04-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Can anybody confirm the 6-pin vs 12-pin thing for me? I looked at a couple of OE mirrors on eBay, and it looks like they have nine leads, but I can't see the connector to know if this is the same. Will these mount right up to the ZHP without mods?

SC

Ssparrow
04-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Can anybody confirm the 6-pin vs 12-pin thing for me? I looked at a couple of OE mirrors on eBay, and it looks like they have nine leads, but I can't see the connector to know if this is the same. Will these mount right up to the ZHP without mods?

SC

I believe all zhps have the ribbon cable for the mirror motors, which means you'll have to swap the mirror motors over to the m3 mirrors for them to work

BMWCurves
04-20-2016, 02:57 PM
I believe all zhps have the ribbon cable for the mirror motors, which means you'll have to swap the mirror motors over to the m3 mirrors for them to work

If memory serves, that's what BP told me.

ecrabb
04-20-2016, 03:20 PM

Oh, you might be right. Sounds familiar. I'm wondering if that's a sedan thing, though... I remember reading about the extensive mods somebody had to make to get the M3 mirror onto a ZHP, but I think it's because it was a sedan.

I'll do a little more research tonight.

Thanks!

SC

Ssparrow
04-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh, you might be right. Sounds familiar. I'm wondering if that's a sedan thing, though... I remember reading about the extensive mods somebody had to make to get the M3 mirror onto a ZHP, but I think it's because it was a sedan.

I'll do a little more research tonight.

Thanks!

SC

Yup, I actually just went through that process last weekend. It's a pain, but definitely doable. For sedans, you need to cut the bases to get them to sit properly. Which also includes cutting a strip of metal on the car, and drilling new holes, and of course the motor swap.

ecrabb
04-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Yup, I actually just went through that process last weekend. It's a pain, but definitely doable. For sedans, you need to cut the bases to get them to sit properly. Which also includes cutting a strip of metal on the car, and drilling new holes, and of course the motor swap.

Oh, wow... That sounds like way more work that I'd be interested in, but sifting through photos on eBay, the sedan mirrors are a little homely, so I can see the appeal. ;-)

Looking at photos on eBay, as best I can tell, it looks like the M3 mirrors have the same wiring and plug as the E46 3-series coupe mirrors. Does that seem plausible?

SC

ecrabb
04-20-2016, 09:01 PM
Crap. Never mind. Looks like somebody else already snagged them, or at least is first in line.

SC

az3579
04-21-2016, 03:04 AM

SC

6-pin and 12-pin connectors most definitely are not found on ZHPs. I can't speak to regular 330's of the same model years. I thought they were all ribbon past a certain model year, but I don't know if this is correct, and I definitely can't speak to vehicles with two missing doors. What I can tell you for certain though is that if you have a ZHP, you have ribbon cables, regardless of what body style.

The only difference between sedans and coupes/verts is that the sedans need that baseplate modification. Otherwise, the swap is the same.

cakM3
04-21-2016, 03:17 AM
Sorry to be a noob... But, will these mount and wire up to my ZHP vert without modification?

SC, see my DIY. It should answer your question. :thumbsup

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9723-Retrofit-OEM-M3-side-mirrors-doityourself (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9723-Retrofit-OEM-M3-side-mirrors-doityourself)

Jconlin16
04-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Crap. Never mind. Looks like somebody else already snagged them, or at least is first in line.

SC

I sent him a PM before the other guy had posted, he said they were still available but never replied when I said I would take them... [emoji58]