PDA

View Full Version : Convertible interior swap?

jwalther
05-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Knock on wood, I may have come across a "free" NB vert interior. I'm shopping for a new car for my son (full story http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?16802-Bought-my-son-his-first-car ), and a local dealer has a Passat we're interested in. Looked at the Passat last night, and saw an AW e46 vert on the floor as well. Took a closer look on the way out, and this is what I see http://www.mckenziemotorcars.com/2002-BMW-3Series/Used-Convertible/Lexington-KY/7007595/Details.aspx. I talked to the owner, and he seems willing to swap me straight for my black interior, so long as I handle the labor and/or cost. So. . .I know lots of folks have done this. Any special tools or skills required? How long for a couple of guys to perform the strip and install? I'd probably hire one of the techs at my local indy to help with the work.

Dual
05-05-2016, 07:49 AM
That's unreal a dealer would let you do that! Can't answer your questions, but I'm intrigued all around.

az3579
05-05-2016, 08:26 AM
It took Charlie and I less than a full day to swap his M3's interior from grey to black.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

cakM3
05-05-2016, 08:37 AM
It took Charlie and I less than a full day to swap his M3's interior from grey to black.

Looks like you're only talking about swapping out the seats (front and rear) and the door cards. If that is correct then it should take a few hours to do. Not all that hard. What time frame are you looking to do this? I am at work so I don't have access to the information I used when I swapped out my entire interior. Anyway, if you have some time I will PM you some more information.

jwalther
05-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Looks like you're only talking about swapping out the seats (front and rear) and the door cards. If that is correct then it should take a few hours to do. Not all that hard. What time frame are you looking to do this? I am at work so I don't have access to the information I used when I swapped out my entire interior. Anyway, if you have some time I will PM you some more information.

Correct, seats and door cards only. Won't happen until next week at the earliest, so I'd appreciate any information you have!

az3579
05-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Correct, seats and door cards only. Won't happen until next week at the earliest, so I'd appreciate any information you have!
That shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours, and that is really taking your time and BS'ing in the process.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

ELCID86
05-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Easy(er) if no dash and carpets.